The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Fan Works
FLASHCHAT

About Us

Old 12-23-2007, 05:42 AM   #26
GLJIMT

Default --- ICC --- & --- Post ----

whispers to Lizzird "This is great X'Ovious getting his ass handed to him by Trainer Kilowog, I remember when Tr'ngle......"

Kilowog cuts him off .. "B'ox yer up poozer. Shadow, let's go."

"Damn, I'm up! Lets see what you're made of, Shadow." B'ox's green shield goes up as he prepares for battle.
II THESSALONIANS 3:10

Last edited by GLJIMT; 12-23-2007 at 05:58 AM.
GLJIMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:53 AM   #27
SHADOWLANTERN

Default -- ICC--

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLJIMT View Post
whispers to Lizzird "This is great X'Ovious getting his ass handed to him by Trainer Kilowog, I remember when Tr'ngle......"

Kilowog cuts him off .. "B'ox yer up poozer. Shadow, let's go."

"Damn, I'm up! Lets see what you're made of, Shadow." B'oxs green sheild goes up as he prepares for battle.
cool
Old 12-23-2007, 06:21 AM   #28
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL
Default ----ICC----

::Just as Box and Shadowstar are about to face off::

Lizzoris: "Hey X'ov, uh...you alright big guy?"

X'ovious: "I am uninjured. I take no shame in being bested by an opponent who is a master of the most powerful weapon in the Universe. Soon we will be on even ground...and we will see who the better warrior is."

Kilowag: "Listen X'ov, ya need to learn to focus better. Watch and learn as B'ox wields his ring, he has been known to maintain a construct for hours without tiring."

X'ovious: "He's a damn box Kilowag...there can't be too much going through his mind. Meanwhile I have two minds acting in unison...one which processes information at near light speed. Our circumstances are only slightly different."

Kilowag: "Maybe you need to have a word with Sal. In the meantime, watch and learn."

::Box and Shadowstar face off::

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 08:31 AM   #29
MarkPoa

----ICC----

"Friend X'ovious," a voice spoke to X'ovious. He immediately identified it as Ar'Lun and faced up.

"What do you want?" X'ovious sneered. It was strange to be "talking" to a giant space whale ten times his size floating beside him. Ar'Lun was larger than any Lox adult or flyer that he had encountered and it unnerved him. It was not usual for X'ovious to feel himself small.

"I merely wish to learn more. I am unfamiliar with your race and am curious why you have a lot of non-organics in your system," Ar'Lun explained. He leaned to his left so his left eye is able to look at X'ovius completely.

X'ovious turned his gaze away from the giant eye and towards the fighters preparing to fight. "There isn't much to say, fishy. This is what I am and how I was built. Wars have made me what I am."

"Wars? What are these 'wars,' brother X'ovious? My ring finds it hard to translate," Ar'Lun replied.

X'ovious turned to Ar'Lun in surprise. "You don't have a word for war in your language?"

The whale turned it's body from side-to-side in a large approximation of a shake of the head. "I know not."

Lizzoris agreed. "Ain't nothing bigger than Ar'Lun's race on his home planet, no sirree. They protectors of us smaller folk. Not many dare mess with them."

X'ovious was not sure how to respond. How do you explain the concept of war to someone who has not yet experienced it?

----CHATTER----

Glad you're liking the use of the all purpose NPC, Lizzoris. :P I figured I'd need another character who can serve as mouthpiece. Everyone, feel free to create Lizzoris' personality since I really didn't have an idea of what he would be when I created him.

Last edited by MarkPoa; 12-23-2007 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:31 PM   #30
SHADOWLANTERN

----ICC----

Shadowstar looks at Box. "You got to be kidding me" he sneers at Kilowog.

"You do it or back to the brig for not following orders" Kilowog yells.

"Fine then, wait until they get a load of me" shadow says with a evil grin while transforming to a Lofious nightstalker.

As Kilowog look at each combatants, one shaped like a green shielded glowing box and the other a green and black Xenomorph. He wonders how this fight is going to turn out.

---chatter---
I going to change me avatar to show what I have morphed into in the rpg story at the time.

Last edited by SHADOWLANTERN; 12-23-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:04 PM   #31
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOWLANTERN View Post
----ICC----

Shadowstar looks at Box. "You got to be kidding me" he sneers at Kilowog.

"You do it or back to the brig for not following orders" Kilowog yells.

"Fine then, wait until they get a load of me" shadow says with a evil grin while transforming to a Lofious nightstalker.

As Kilowog look at each combatants, one shaped like a green shielded glowing box and the other a green and black Xenomorph. He wonders how this fight is going to turn out.

---chatter---
I going to change me avatar to show what I have morphed into in the rpg story at the time.
-- Chatter--- you should post it in the post every time you change your avatar ALL of your posts change the avatar so when you change again you will no longer see this just add it with the [img] tags inside the post

Old 12-23-2007, 07:16 PM   #32
SHADOWLANTERN

---chatter---

I was able to do it with last night pic , but how do I do it with save one on my computer? It doesn't show me the http link to use to put in between the [imp]
Old 12-23-2007, 07:25 PM   #33
Maverick_GL

Default ----ICC----

----ICC----

Rather taken aback by the concept of a creature who is oblivious to war, X'ovious wonders how to explain it to Ar'lun. War is something X'ovious has known his entire life. Even during the era of peace, X'ovious spent his time engaged in simulations or combat training with the army. Looking back, and accessing his cyber mind's personal history data banks, he realized his entire life had been focused on battle. And here was a creature, choosen by the same beings that chose him, who had not even heard the word "war" before.

"As you are foreign to war, I am foreign to peace, Ar'lun. War is the opposite of peace. War is the constant struggle and fight between two groups over a shared goal. War is hatred for the enemy, and the desire to destroy those that oppose you. War is life, my life." X'ovious proclaimed. "Now tell me Ar'lun...what is peace? True peace. I know only of the concept through my digital records, I myself have never experienced such a thing."

Ar'lun paused, trying to imagine the hardships and pain X'ovious must have been accustomed to, but failed. "Peace it beauty my friend. Peace is love and compassion. Peace is shared by all where I come from. As war is your life, peace is mine. I feel empathy for you, as you have yet to experience the joy which only peace can bring."

"Joy comes to me through the destruction of my enemies. Yet the joy is fleeting and hollow...Perhaps there is much we can learn from each other Ar'lun." X'ovious replied.

The two, feeling a certain bond that can only come through the celebration of their differences, prepared to watch as B'ox and Shadowstar faced off.

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Old 12-23-2007, 09:42 PM   #34
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOWLANTERN View Post
---chatter---

I was able to do it with last night pic , but how do I do it with save one on my computer? It doesn't show me the http link to use to put in between the [imp]
-- CHATTER --

You have to upload it to a photo hosting site such as www.photobucket.com

then grab the message board link from there

Last edited by GLJIMT; 12-23-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:03 PM   #35
SHADOWLANTERN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLJIMT View Post
-- CHATTER --

You have to upload it to a photo hosting site suck as www.photobucket.com

the grab the message board link from there
---chatter---

Thanks
Old 12-23-2007, 10:55 PM   #36
Maverick_GL

Default ----Chatter----+----Post----

----chatter----

Um...are you guys going to fight or what!? The story is kinda being held up here waiting for something to happen...

----POST----

Kilowag: "Enough stalling dammit! B'ox, Shadowstar, get to it, NOW!!"

Old 12-23-2007, 11:29 PM   #37
SHADOWLANTERN

---ICC---

Shadowstar scans Box first before going the offense. He seems harmless accept for the ring. So why are they making him go up against me of all people. Is it a test or away to get me thrown back in the brig?, Shadow thinks to himself.

"Are they watch me again" Shadow yells to Kilowog.

Kilowog grunts "You better start pozer! Stop worrying about them and concentrate on the battle or I'll be the one you'll have to worry about"!

"This is what they want, so it's what they're going to get" Shadow shouts.

Shadow leaps in the air in the direction of Box with teeth and claws extended.

I don't need my ring for him, Shadow thinks to himself.

"I'll make this quick". Shadowstar says as he looks back over his shoulder at Kilowog.

Kilowog yells "No eating your oppnents".

So the battle begins. Shadow vs Box.

Last edited by SHADOWLANTERN; 12-24-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:50 PM   #38
GLJIMT

Default --- POST --

VS .

B'ox puts up a shield which shatters upon Shadow's attack - Shadow's teeth lunge at B'ox and stall as they impact B'ox's body.

"My species is one of the densest in the universe Shadow - keep going, you'll only lose your teeth."

Shadow backs off and recovers. - "Damn it, more to you than just an f'ing box, huh?..."

B'ox forms a giant shpere around Shadow and quickly shrinks it. Due to B'ox's own body his constructs are by far more solid with out really trying - his mind is simply auto set to a dense state.

"Shadow, you need to learn to behave yourself - your morphing is BS - you're here to learn to wield the ring... now watch."

The bubble shrinks until it is squeezing Shadow in a near death grip.

"See, you're a GL. Use you ring or give it back and go bother somebody else."

He let Shadow go, shadow fell to the ground in front of Ar'lun .... "Stupid Box."

--- chatter --

Sorry it is Christmas time, you know.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:59 PM   #39
SHADOWLANTERN

"Good fight Box. I underestimated my oppoent in combat, that won't happen again." growled Shadowstar.

"You're right Box, about me using my ring. I need to also focus more on it not just my abilities when in combat with my oppoents. But you don't underestimate you're oppoent's abilities either!" Shadow says as he morphs from the Lofious nightstalker to a Black mist and heads back to the line.

Shadowstar morphs back when he reachs the line and gets back in formation.

"Good battle pozers. Maybe you all learned something from watching that battle.I know Shadowstar wasn't the only one." Kilowog yells.

"You also can learn something from the battle too Box.""Yes you won the battle Box and you should feel really good about it. but you should take note to what the rookie said. Kilowog says with a slight grin.

"DON'T EVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR OPPOENT POZERS!!!!" Now GET BACK IN FORMATION." Kilowog yells.

Last edited by SHADOWLANTERN; 12-24-2007 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:49 PM   #40
GLJIMT

--- Chatter ---

I cant tell you how much I'm loving using the Micros thanks kid

So Mav your up, or anyone else for that matter

Old 12-24-2007, 07:10 PM   #41
Maverick_GL

Default Ch 1 Training: Round 3

----Post----

- " Theres only two poozers left, Lizzoris an' Ar'lun. The biggest and the smallest of the new recruits. This should be fun. Step up sector partners. Tha winner o' this battle is gonna be sector leader. Get to it."

----Chatter----

Nice battle you two, after this one training will be over and we are gonna need K_L to decide upon the next course of action. Personally I think we should do one more thing with our characters before we begin missions. For example I was gonna have X'ov head to Mogo to help consolidate his duel minds to better wield the ring.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:21 PM   #42
GLJIMT

Default --- chatter---

Mark, did you know there is a space whale in issue 25 on the first splash page, lower left corner?

Old 12-24-2007, 07:37 PM   #43
SHADOWLANTERN

---Chatter---

Thanks Maverick_GL, I think my character should acompany you to Mogo, to get a handle on his past, present, and futue. To be able to better interact with his felloe corps members. Also to get his ring usage and abilities synchronized. Good fight GLJIMT.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:43 PM   #44
Maverick_GL

Default ----Chatter----

Sounds good to me Shadow. Perhaps from there the two of us will be sent on a mission, like rounding up some stray Sinners or something like that.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:45 PM   #45
SHADOWLANTERN

---Chatter---

Sounds good to me too Maverick. That will be cool.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:25 AM   #46
MarkPoa

----Chatter----

Merry Christmas, dudes.

GLJIMT, didn't know that. Now that I've checked out that page again, it's a good likeness. Maybe just increase the head size to simulate a sperm whale, but the rest of the body (shark-like) may be a good body for an interstellar whale.

----POST----

Ar'lun and Lizzoris positioned themselves in the middle of the group dedicated to the training.

Ar'lun bowed low. "Thank you for this opportunity to test our abilities, brothers Kilowog and Lizzoris."

"Just get to it like we talked about Ar'lun!" Kilowog replied. "You may not know much about fighting, but remember the idea that this is more about protecting!"

Lizzoris bowed in response, then swiftly sprang up and flew towards Ar'lun's underbelly, intending to ram Ar'lun. He generated a turtle shell armor around himself and planned to use the force of his flight, plus the added mass of the armor to stagger Ar'lun.

It was as good a plan as any.

If Ar'lun had been standing still.

With surprising speed, the giant space whale recruit avoided the attack by rolling to the side and forward, protecting and running away at the same time. Lizzoris, who was bracing himself for the impact, was momentarily surprised to find that he wasn't hitting anything and generated a series of spider-webs to slow his fun and ricochet towards Ar'lun.

"He's fast!" Shadowlantern shouted.

"They both are," Kilowog agreed.

Ar'lun made a sound, like a dolphin's song, and a complex network of corals appeared before him and Lizzoris. The lizard smirked and controlled his flight carefully, narrowly avoiding the corals' hard edges and bursting through the rest with a few well-aimed ring blasts.

Lizzoris saw Ar'lun come to a stop in front of him and rise higher up into the Oan sky. He turned upward sharply in pursuit. For his size, Ar'lun moved with a grace that made it appear as if he's swimming.

"This is a weird game of cat and mouse," Kilowog snickered. "We don't have all day, poozers!"

Ar'lun nodded and made a graceful 180-degree turn in mid-ascent. Lizzoris, surprised at the sudden change, stopped suddenly. However, instead of just Ar'lun rushing towards him, he saw Ar'lun's ring generate a large ocean wave. Both whale lantern and ring-generated wave were rushing down on him with full force.

"This is going to hurt," Lizzoris thought as he generated a series of ring shields around himself. However, the sheer onrushing forces brought him to the ground. He hit the ground, dazed and confused. Lizzoris felt a seaweed bed form around him and he was lifted off the ground towards Ar'lun's eye range. The giant eye looked down on him worriedly.

"Apologies, Brother Lizzoris. I hope you are not harmed much," Ar'lun said.

"I'll let you know when my legs stop shaking," Lizzoris groaned.

"Fancy flying, Ar'lun! But you're going to need work on the control. Lizzoris, you're small, but one hella tough fighter! Keep it up and you'll make a fine Lantern!" Kilowog commented.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:50 AM   #47
GLJIMT

Default --- chatter ---

nice fight I enjoyed the wave - so where we headed to now Mr Game Master Kid?

Old 12-25-2007, 06:17 AM   #48
Maverick_GL

Default ----Chatter----

Nice work Mark. I like you're style, have you done this sort of thing before?

Here's what I think: Shadow, Ar'lun and X'ov should head to Mogo for a little bit of emotional training or something along those lines (I know my guy is still having problems getting the ring to do what he wants, plus his anger over the whole thing is still fresh in his mind).

I think Box should be sent on some sort of mission, which will end up requiring the aid of our 3 Mogo based guys to help him out.

Meanwhile K_L can continue the main story with Kyle and Kilowag or something like that. There is still the Daxam guy to develop, plus the other main threat (I know what he was planning, but I won't spoil anything yet).

Old 12-25-2007, 09:24 AM   #49
MarkPoa

----CHATTER----

Quote:
Nice work Mark. I like you're style, have you done this sort of thing before?
Nope, honestly speaking. But I've done round-robin fanfiction before, so that's the style I'm using here. Glad you guys like it.

It is the holidays, y'all, so a bit of a slowdown could be expected. Maybe we could just do some ICC while waiting for Kid Lantern?

Last edited by MarkPoa; 12-25-2007 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:04 PM   #50
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

----CHATTER----

Hey guys, this is turning out better than I expected! Love the battles you chose to put yourselves through!

The only thing I can say we could do is let the others who showed interest in the other thread a warm welcome. If my co-GM would message all of the other folks who signed on for me [I'm bouncing around right now for the holidays] then that would be great. Since we've all pretty much been knee deep in the first chapter, I think we should get the other guys in on the fun and show them how we roll LOL. So take a break for the moment guys you've outdone yourselves. I plotted out the story yesterday at work and you guys are ALL in for a treat once we get a few more new recruits in here. I'll make a post later tonight and get another direction spun for those of you who are already establishing yourselves in the game!

~KL~