The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern Vol. 1/Alan Scott/JSA
FLASHCHAT

GL Volume 1

Old 04-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #26
GreenLanternGeek

I never said that about the series I said that about Ross I think Ross is a high and Mighty prick
Old 05-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #27
BuckyBarnes45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
Since we've been seeing alot of Kingdom Come references and changes lately in current comics. Ie: Jason becoming Red Robin, Roy becoming Red Arrow, Wally's daughter will most likely become Kid Flash eventually. When can we expect Alan Scott to start donning the Green Lantern armor that he has in KC?
I think the concept is pretty sweet, his battery is his suit, so he no longer wears a ring nor requires a charge. Similar how to when he became one with the Starheart and didn't need a ring or charge anymore. Maybe then he can start calling himself Sentinel again. Or something like Emerald Knight or Emerald Warrior.
Jason was not Red Robin in KC.

And "Sentinal"? Might as well call him "Generic Superguy #483" or something. I always hated that name. Plus there was a dorky Image character using it at the time....
remember this crap?
Old 05-08-2008, 03:04 AM   #28
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

Right, Jason wasn't Red Robin in KC. But the character of RR was in it. I was noting the character being brought into the here and now, where Jason does become RR in Countdown.

I don't know what the red X is.
Jack-O-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:08 AM   #29
TorchBearer
Fatality's Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanternGeek View Post
I never said that about the series I said that about Ross I think Ross is a high and Mighty prick
...Dude.

How can you Hate Alex Ross?! his Art is Amazing!!! is this something personal against him? is he a not so nice guy in person or did he break into your house and burn it down one day...cause he could prob burn mine down and I still love his work...hes jsut that good...
Old 05-08-2008, 11:45 PM   #30
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLJIMT View Post
I believe Alan left Checkmate as of issue 5 - I stopped buying it when Alan stopped being the White King - goverment agency based on Chess is kind of retarded anyway
tbph Alan didnt fit in as he was written, similarly I think Mike *has* grown into that role.

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:18 PM   #31
Sasha Bordeaux

Alex Ross is a god.
When i saw DC characters drawn by him i can't even talk. I'm speechless.
Anyway, i love the idea of seeing KC's Alan Scott on JSA. It was a fantastic surprise!
Old 05-11-2008, 10:35 PM   #32
Gonza2814
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkPoa View Post
GL seems to be a composite of Alan's person/weakness and Hal's background (fighting space aliens, something Alan doesn't really do).
And his armor looks like the Parallax costume

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...read.php?t=939
Gonza2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #33
Lishego

I thought that, that was done to make you think it was HAl, though to be honest, I never read the book, it was during my time of not collecting that it came out, I'm familiar with the story. I'll have to ask my wife for it for our Anniversary.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #34
bossmanjef

OK I am confused. I thought that KC took place on earth 2 aka (GOLDEN AGE HEROES) which is the parallel to our regular earth 1 aka(SILVER AGE HEROES). Plus what has taken place there is in the future to what is happening now. If I am mistaken please let me know. thanks

Last edited by bossmanjef; 05-12-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:24 PM   #35
Sasha Bordeaux

I hope i'm not mistaken, but KC didn't take place on earth-2. It simply showed us an "hypothetic" future. Now it's been brought into the multiverse, and KC earth is earth 22.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:26 PM   #36
Sasha Bordeaux

Lishego, you can't miss it!
It's a masterpiece!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #37
bossmanjef

Yup you are right it is earth 22
Old 05-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #38
DrakeGrayson

I really enjoyed the series and I even found one day in a book baragins store Kingdom COme The audio Presentation. It is really good but sadly it is only on tape. I wish I could find the audio drama on CD. Like i said, It is a audio drama not someone reading it.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:30 AM   #39
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

Hey, I guees I made another good prediction thought huh? Even though it wasn't an official prediction, more of an idea. Anyway I hope he keeps it for a while, or at least keeps using it while in battle or something. I just love that armor.
Jack-O-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote