The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern Vol. 1/Alan Scott/JSA
FLASHCHAT

GL Volume 1

Old 10-23-2007, 09:40 AM   #1
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

Default Kingdom Come Alan Scott?

Since we've been seeing alot of Kingdom Come references and changes lately in current comics. Ie: Jason becoming Red Robin, Roy becoming Red Arrow, Wally's daughter will most likely become Kid Flash eventually. When can we expect Alan Scott to start donning the Green Lantern armor that he has in KC?
I think the concept is pretty sweet, his battery is his suit, so he no longer wears a ring nor requires a charge. Similar how to when he became one with the Starheart and didn't need a ring or charge anymore. Maybe then he can start calling himself Sentinel again. Or something like Emerald Knight or Emerald Warrior.

Last edited by Jack-O-Lantern; 10-23-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Jack-O-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #2
Tons T
Alpha-Lantern

see i have a problem with this.... KC supes arrives on Earth in JSA, right? - but on that KC earth, there's already a red robin! and its Dick! .. they shouldnt touch KC deeper IMO. It makes a lot of things confusing. but still on the concept of Alan looking a lot like the KC GL, i dont have a problem with that, but i just dont want him to be going to the direction in becoming the KC GL..
Old 10-23-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I don't WANT KC touched any more than it has to be...but there's this other part of me, the silly fanboy part that I can't ignore, that wants to see more of this shit. I KNOW it's a bad idea, but I just can't help it! I want to see MORE of the KC Green Lantern. I LOVE the costume Alan uses in that book, and it's be cool (or is that kewl?) to see him again.

Though I will say, they shouldn't change Alan's costume in current continuity to the KC costume or any other costume UNLESS it's because they want to give him a big push as a solo character. If he's just going to stay a background character in JSA, there's no reason to change him at all.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:21 PM   #4
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

I agree with both points Dave. So they should do it, and give him his own title.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:08 PM   #5
Satyrquaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
Since we've been seeing alot of Kingdom Come references and changes lately in current comics. Ie: Jason becoming Red Robin, Roy becoming Red Arrow, Wally's daughter will most likely become Kid Flash eventually. When can we expect Alan Scott to start donning the Green Lantern armor that he has in KC?
I think the concept is pretty sweet, his battery is his suit, so he no longer wears a ring nor requires a charge. Similar how to when he became one with the Starheart and didn't need a ring or charge anymore. Maybe then he can start calling himself Sentinel again. Or something like Emerald Knight or Emerald Warrior.
I could get behind that visually, but not following the KC storyline.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:55 PM   #6
genesistorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyrquaze View Post
I could get behind that visually, but not following the KC storyline.
Me too.. visually, I'd love it!! Totally.. but no KC story mixed..
Old 10-25-2007, 02:24 AM   #7
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

That was initially what I meant anyway. Since they haven't been doing so with the others I mentioned, except for visually. ie Jason becoming Red Robin instead of Dick.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:10 PM   #8
GLC2814.4

I can dig it, and I'm probably one of the bigger Alan Scott fans here. I think they can do the costume thing in this universe, and leave out the KC deal. (But I do love that story tho, lol). And speaking of fucking up Kingdom Come storylines - I just posted about the whole Red Robin thing, which just adds to my "I hate Jason Todd" thing.

Last edited by GLC2814.4; 10-28-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:52 PM   #9
Shingo Wol

?? I thought the kingdom Come GL was Old Hal jordon?
Old 11-17-2007, 03:56 AM   #10
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

Hal was dead at the time KC was written and published. Although I don't recall them ever stating who it is exactly. I'm pretty sure it was intended to be Alan. Although it could have been Kyle, they might have just never named him to keep it open to whomever the fans saw it fit to be. J
ade was in KC so who knows. I don't own Kingdom Come and it's been years since I read it. Can anyone confirm?
Old 11-17-2007, 04:00 AM   #11
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cormier View Post
I don't WANT KC touched any more than it has to be...but there's this other part of me, the silly fanboy part that I can't ignore, that wants to see more of this shit. I KNOW it's a bad idea, but I just can't help it! I want to see MORE of the KC Green Lantern. I LOVE the costume Alan uses in that book, and it's be cool (or is that kewl?) to see him again.
Hahah, how true.

Personally, I would have liked Kingdom Come left alone. Maybe one day, see sequels or prequels to it... but nothing more. I don't like actually creating a Kingdom Come universe seperately in the multiverse... I liked it kind of vague, like KC could be the DCU in the future, but never really cementing it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:27 PM   #12
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Hahah, how true.

Personally, I would have liked Kingdom Come left alone. Maybe one day, see sequels or prequels to it... but nothing more. I don't like actually creating a Kingdom Come universe seperately in the multiverse... I liked it kind of vague, like KC could be the DCU in the future, but never really cementing it.
there was a sequel and it was called the kingdom, Thye confrimed AS was the Gl and did alot about the vunerablity to wood .... it should never be spoken of again
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:24 PM   #13
JMW326
Green Lantern Initiate

Send a message via Yahoo to JMW326

At the end of Kingdom Come they had a group of people sitting at a table kind of like the United nations and It showed a Name plate that had Alans name on it and showed his hand wearing a ring.
JMW326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #14
MarkPoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
Hal was dead at the time KC was written and published. Although I don't recall them ever stating who it is exactly. I'm pretty sure it was intended to be Alan. Although it could have been Kyle, they might have just never named him to keep it open to whomever the fans saw it fit to be. J
ade was in KC so who knows. I don't own Kingdom Come and it's been years since I read it. Can anyone confirm?
Yeah, the Kingdom Come GL is Alan. It's been said to be confirmed in the novelization, where he was referred to by name. Similarly, the Flash is Wally.

However, I heard that Alex Ross designed both GL and Flash in KC to reflect the different incarnations: Flash is a composite of Jay's helmet and Wally's identity. GL seems to be a composite of Alan's person/weakness and Hal's background (fighting space aliens, something Alan doesn't really do).
Old 12-19-2007, 04:44 AM   #15
Myth

In Alan's defense, he's more used to breaking up terrorist cells these days as a member of Checkmate and JSA.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:13 PM   #16
GLC2814.4

Alan's Still in Checkmate?!? I didn't know that.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:57 PM   #17
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Yeah, I thought he turned in his Checkmate membership card a while ago. But I don't know... I don't read it (or have any inclination to do so).
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:06 PM   #18
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

Send a message via MSN to methos Send a message via Skype™ to methos

he did...

Waller forced him out and he was replaced by Mr. Terrific who was his bishop. Terrific was replaced as bishop by the Thinker.

or thats what i know as 'current' anyway...

M
Old 12-20-2007, 12:14 AM   #19
GLC2814.4

Good, I like Grandpa Scott right where he is, not in some shadow government organization. Every time I hear of Checkmate, it reminds me of the government sponsored secret super dudes in Invincible
Old 12-20-2007, 12:22 AM   #20
Myth

Argh, this is the second time today that I find my info is outdated. :P

He's still used to just beating up on terrorists and Fifth Column nogoodniks though!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:33 AM   #21
GLJIMT

I believe Alan left Checkmate as of issue 5 - I stopped buying it when Alan stopped being the White King - goverment agency based on Chess is kind of retarded anyway
Old 12-20-2007, 10:51 AM   #22
MarkPoa

Checkmate's pretty good if you like your superhero action with a little espionage and politics. I find it very well-written.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:06 AM   #23
BuckyBarnes45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tons T View Post
see i have a problem with this.... KC supes arrives on Earth in JSA, right? - but on that KC earth, there's already a red robin! and its Dick! .. they shouldnt touch KC deeper IMO. It makes a lot of things confusing. but still on the concept of Alan looking a lot like the KC GL, i dont have a problem with that, but i just dont want him to be going to the direction in becoming the KC GL..
I fail to see how the Red Robin thing is a "problem".

For one, we don't know if KC/JSA Superman has encountered Jason Robin yet. He ust got the costume in countdown. For all you know, in an issue or 4 of JSA he might say something about Red Robin.

The KC supplimental material mentioned Dick became Red Robin at Superman's bidding. So this KC future Superman or Dick could have came up with the idea based on JASON's costume.

it's really not a big deal and one easy enough to "explain" if needed.

W
Old 03-31-2008, 09:58 PM   #24
GreenLanternGeek

I didn't really care for Kingdom Come I Can't Stand Alex Ross I really don't I can't stand him and his high and mightyness Not that I have anything against Mark Waid though
Old 04-02-2008, 06:31 AM   #25
BuckyBarnes45

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanternGeek View Post
I didn't really care for Kingdom Come I Can't Stand Alex Ross I really don't I can't stand him and his high and mightyness Not that I have anything against Mark Waid though
I don't see how the story of Kingdom Come comes off as "high and mighty". It was a fun read.

As for Waid...he wrote that horrific "The Kingdom" which sucked beyond belief. Besides some really bad art...that "writting" kind of showed how needed Ross was to KC.