The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 10:43 PM   #51
TazzMission
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanofSector2814 View Post
Considering everything, im suprised that im not clamoring for a BL Batman. I just wasnt impressed enough with the design to want one. That and i know its not Bruce, so to me its not really "Batman".


or maybe a bruce wayne corpse with grave playset
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #52
BatmanofSector2814
Hal's Understudy
 
BatmanofSector2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denham Springs, LA
Posts: 516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
or maybe a bruce wayne corpse with grave playset
With black-ring vomiting action!!!
BatmanofSector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #53
Rainbow Lantern
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

They should have some bigger figures like Nekron or Blume.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:37 PM   #54
TazzMission
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Lantern View Post
They should have some bigger figures like Nekron or Blume.



black power battery with removable nekron same with green power battery to release paralax
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:04 AM   #55
kdogg87
Sinestro's Sparring Partner
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 102
Default

I agree with the ideas of releasing figures of the entities. I would prefer them in hosts, like the Yellow version of Parallax from the SC War, and either version of Ion. Same with whoever becomes hosts for the remaining entities. But if they don't get hosts, I think translucent versions of the actual creatures would be pretty cool, ESPECIALLY if they came with a power batter. The battery could be the casing!
kdogg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:25 AM   #56
BatmanofSector2814
Hal's Understudy
 
BatmanofSector2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denham Springs, LA
Posts: 516
Default

sounds good to me.
BatmanofSector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:27 AM   #57
Rainbow Lantern
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

They could have the entity with the host. And a power battery case is too much.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:37 AM   #58
BatmanofSector2814
Hal's Understudy
 
BatmanofSector2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denham Springs, LA
Posts: 516
Default

idk, as much as the hosts have changed hands over the past few years, i would rather invest my money into a figure thats going to have some longevity. The entities will always be the entities, that wont change. just the "host of the week" as it were
BatmanofSector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:39 AM   #59
Rainbow Lantern
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanofSector2814 View Post
idk, as much as the hosts have changed hands over the past few years, i would rather invest my money into a figure thats going to have some longevity. The entities will always be the entities, that wont change. just the "host of the week" as it were
Well atleast a Sodom figure.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:47 AM   #60
BatmanofSector2814
Hal's Understudy
 
BatmanofSector2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denham Springs, LA
Posts: 516
Default

yeah, i agree we need a Sodam figure. or maybe do like they did with sinestro and larfleeze: have the current host with a special lantern with the entity as bonus figure.

just had an idea for a box set: Vath Sarn and Isamot Kol (the Riggs and Murtaugh of the GLC) and Soranik Natu and Pricess Iolande.
BatmanofSector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:51 AM   #61
Rainbow Lantern
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Sinestro and Larfleeze don't include entities, they include Despotellis and Glomulus. Entities are much are too huge to be a bonus to anything.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:54 AM   #62
kdogg87
Sinestro's Sparring Partner
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 102
Default

Agreed, Batman2814, on that boxed set idea. But if they made the Entities WITHOUT hosts, then I think they should definitely use the Power Battery case Idea. The thing couldn't be a carded package anyway if they made it even remotely a decent size. But I would settle for entities AS hosts, without the battery and packaged the normal way. I just thought the Power Battery case could be really cool for making displays of the various corps. But once again, what's the likeliness that DC Direct would do something like that anyways. They don't even do "Ask DC Direct" anymore on the website, so I don't know if and where from they get input from fans.
kdogg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:03 AM   #63
Rainbow Lantern
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg87 View Post
Agreed, Batman2814, on that boxed set idea. But if they made the Entities WITHOUT hosts, then I think they should definitely use the Power Battery case Idea. The thing couldn't be a carded package anyway if they made it even remotely a decent size. But I would settle for entities AS hosts, without the battery and packaged the normal way. I just thought the Power Battery case could be really cool for making displays of the various corps. But once again, what's the likeliness that DC Direct would do something like that anyways. They don't even do "Ask DC Direct" anymore on the website, so I don't know if and where from they get input from fans.
Riots. That always gets a figure out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:04 AM   #64
BatmanofSector2814
Hal's Understudy
 
BatmanofSector2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denham Springs, LA
Posts: 516
Default

I dont think they do...and there lies the problem. Take the upcoming Batman Reborn line for instance. most waves have four spots. they chose to go with Jason Todd as Batman (which for me was kinda "meh"), the new batgirl (which i will buy) the new azrael (also buying) and then they come out with the two-face as batman that was in a teaser image and a four panel hallucination. what are they thinking?!?! i havent seen one person who has even considered buying it. they could have used that space to make a figure that the fans really want, like Dick as Batman or Damian as Robin, Tim as Red Robin, Jason as Red Hood, Scarlet. i mean if you are going to release two-face, release one that someone will actually buy. I'd love for a modern version that doesnt look like it came from the campy era of comics.
BatmanofSector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:08 AM   #65
BatmanofSector2814
Hal's Understudy
 
BatmanofSector2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denham Springs, LA
Posts: 516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Lantern View Post
Sinestro and Larfleeze don't include entities, they include Despotellis and Glomulus. Entities are much are too huge to be a bonus to anything.
i know they didnt come with entities. i was referring to the fact that they came with a smaller bonus figure. for example: have Sodam yat with a new lantern mold with the Ion entity as the smaller bonus figure. its not like DCD is concerned with scale or anything. Despotellis is microscopic, yet is figure is the size of a small dog (i would hate to have to explain to the doctor how i caught THAT virus) compared to Sinestro.
BatmanofSector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:14 AM   #66
Rainbow Lantern
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanofSector2814 View Post
i know they didnt come with entities. i was referring to the fact that they came with a smaller bonus figure. for example: have Sodam yat with a new lantern mold with the Ion entity as the smaller bonus figure. its not like DCD is concerned with scale or anything. Despotellis is microscopic, yet is figure is the size of a small dog (i would hate to have to explain to the doctor how i caught THAT virus) compared to Sinestro.
Despotellis was just a random extra. Glomulus is in scale though, and to make a character that's 9 feet tall and 30 feet long 2 inches by 4 inches is retarded.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:15 AM   #67
Phantom6
Corpse Trainee
 
Phantom6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Lantern View Post
Sinestro and Larfleeze don't include entities, they include Despotellis and Glomulus. Entities are much are too huge to be a bonus to anything.
A new Build a figure in each wave.
Phantom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:28 AM   #68
BatmanofSector2814
Hal's Understudy
 
BatmanofSector2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denham Springs, LA
Posts: 516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Lantern View Post
Despotellis was just a random extra. Glomulus is in scale though, and to make a character that's 9 feet tall and 30 feet long 2 inches by 4 inches is retarded.
nor was i saying making the entities to actual scale with the figures. I was merely suggesting they put out a physical representation of the entities without their host. Im ok with them not being to scale with the figures. I KNOW they wont be in scale with the figures. you cant apply nonsensical things such as logic and reason to comic books, much less to the plastic representations of the characters. I personally think a 6 inch representation of each entity with a respective central power battery would look fantastic with my GL display, but thats just me.
BatmanofSector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:29 AM   #69
Rainbow Lantern
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom6 View Post
A new Build a figure in each wave.
Mattel wouldn't go for it. If they did Blackest night figures they would focus on corps members.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:40 AM   #70
BatmanofSector2814
Hal's Understudy
 
BatmanofSector2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denham Springs, LA
Posts: 516
Default

I refuse to buy the Mattel figures anyway. they just look bad to me. I get figures to put on display, and i wouldnt want to display them. but thats my opinion on the matter.
BatmanofSector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:50 AM   #71
Rainbow Lantern
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanofSector2814 View Post
I refuse to buy the Mattel figures anyway. they just look bad to me. I get figures to put on display, and i wouldnt want to display them. but thats my opinion on the matter.
I only get figures I can't get from dcd and the new Kilowog cnc cuz he looks better than the dcd.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:07 AM   #72
acidburn135
Manhunter Repairman
 
acidburn135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg87 View Post
I agree with the ideas of releasing figures of the entities. I would prefer them in hosts, like the Yellow version of Parallax from the SC War, and either version of Ion. Same with whoever becomes hosts for the remaining entities. But if they don't get hosts, I think translucent versions of the actual creatures would be pretty cool, ESPECIALLY if they came with a power batter. The battery could be the casing!
I like this Idea. I really was hoping they release a parallax host like my avatar. And they should make him partially morphed so he looks monstrous. If they did that I'd only need SBP in his SC outfit to complete my SC Heralds =D. But I agree they need Sodam Yat Ion figure as well. we already got a Kyle one.
acidburn135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:27 AM   #73
kdogg87
Sinestro's Sparring Partner
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 102
Default

Um...when was this? I haven't seen or heard of said Kyle/Ion figure. I know they made a figure of him with his GL outfit from BETWEEN his two stints as Ion, but I don't ever recall seeing an Ion figure.
kdogg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:29 AM   #74
kdogg87
Sinestro's Sparring Partner
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 102
Default

Sorry. Just realized that you meant the new GL Kyle from BN, not Ion Kyle. IDK, I liked they way Ion/Kyle was drawn in the opening issue of Sinestro Corps War. And I never really cared for Sodam. But I get where you're coming from.
kdogg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:29 AM   #75
kdogg87
Sinestro's Sparring Partner
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 102
Default

double post. Sorry.

Last edited by kdogg87; 12-02-2009 at 03:08 PM.
kdogg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.