The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #3376
KilowogsDisciple
Green Lantern

I was just recently introduced to Bendis' Daredevil and am very impressed. I finished the first vol a couple of days ago and am waiting excitedly for the second and third (plus there's the promise of the following Brubaker run, I'm a fan of his too).

I also grabbed the first volume of the Waid DD, just to try the different (from Miller and Bendis) tone. Can't wait!
Old 03-29-2016, 10:39 PM   #3377
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

DEADPOOL Now The Highest-Grossing R-Rated Film Of All Time Worldwide

Doug Liman to Direct 'The Wall' Before Tackling Channing Tatum's 'Gambit' (Exclusive)
Quote:
Gambit was to have begun production in the first quarter of this year but rewrites have pushed the start of the movie project until the end of 2016, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. Reid Carolin, Tatumís producing partner, who wrote Magic Mike and Magic Mike XXL, is handling those chores.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:21 AM   #3378
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Smh. At this point, they should have just stuck with Wyatt and let him do his thing.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:00 PM   #3379
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

New Mutants Movie Will Bring a Young Adult Vibe to the X-Men Universe

Quote:
The X-Men movie universe is starting to grow in big ways and with Deadpool a smash hit and Gambit in the works (though production has been delayed until later this year), you’re going to be seeing a lot more films branching off from the core series.

At the Star Wars Rebels season finale screening this week, I asked Simon Kinberg – who is an EP on Rebels, while also playing a key role as a producer on the X-Men films – for an update on one of those projects, The New Mutants. Last year it was revealed that Josh Boone (The Fault in Our Stars) was attached to co-write and direct the film, based on the Marvel comic about a team of young X-Men in training.

Said Kinberg, of the current status of The New Mutants, “Josh Boone and his writing partner are working on the script. They're doing a really nice job of it, and it's a really cool one, because in many ways, like Deadpool was so different from the mainline X-Men movies, New Mutants… It’s maybe not as different as Deadpool, but it has its own unique, original voice to it."

Added Kinberg, "That's the fun for me, working in the X-Men universe, creating these sort of standalone movies that have a different vibe to them. And New Mutants has more of a YA [Young Adult] vibe to it.”

As for the characters we might see in the film, Kinberg noted that when it came to X-Men and New Mutant-related characters the films haven’t used yet, “There's a very deep bench. There's a long, long list of names, and I'll tell you some of the names on that list I don't even know. That's how deep it goes.”

Previous X-Men movies have used characters associated with the New Mutants, including Warpath, Sunspot and, of course, Professor X, the team’s original mentor. Speaking to whether we might see any already-introduced characters from the X-Men movies in the New Mutants film, Kinberg remarked, “Traditionally, the New Mutants have some characters that cross over from the mainline X-Men movies. As we are going, I would say it's likely that you will see some familiar faces.”

I couldn’t help but mention to Kinberg that I had my own lifelong affection for the New Mutant character Magik/Illyana Rasputin and had my fingers crossed she’d make it into the film. Kinberg replied, with a grin, “It’s a great role… It would be a great role to cast.”

Last edited by W.West; 03-31-2016 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:36 PM   #3380
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

So Civil War II is starting soon...anyone actually care?
Old 03-31-2016, 10:44 PM   #3381
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Nope

Old 03-31-2016, 10:47 PM   #3382
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Only issues I'll buy are the Captain Marvel ones, and that's only because I'm signed to the series at my LCS. Otherwise, I can't bring myself to even pretend to give a shit; not even the premise gives enough plausible reason to heroes trying to kill each other yet again. It's just marketing schlock, and frankly, I hope sales reflect a disinterested fanbase.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:10 AM   #3383
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

EXCLUSIVE: Are these Josh Boone's first three 'New Mutants'?
Quote:
Game Of Thrones is going to be one of those pop culture moments that ends up overstuffed with movie stars when we look back at it, and I suspect one of those movie stars is going to be Maisie Williams. She has a compelling combination of maturity and youth, and everyone Iíve talked to about how she is on set seems to be convinced that sheís in this for the long haul.

With her on-screen sister Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner) already joining the X-Men family in this summerís X-Men: Apocalypse, it makes perfect sense that the X-Men producers would be looking at the show closely. Now comes word that The Fault In Our Stars director Josh Boone, currently co-writing the film with Knate Gwaltney, has set his first three cast members for The New Mutants, which is my personal pick for the ďItís about time!Ē award when it comes to which of these spin-off properties they decided to develop.

And sure enough, Maisie Williams is attached now as Wolfsbane, better known as Rahne Sinclair. When I was a New Mutants fan during the initial run of the title back in the Ď80s, Rahne was always one of the most emotional parts of the puzzle. Sheís a shape-shifter, a wee Scottish werewolf, and her immersion into the world of Xavierís school was part of what hooked me on the series originally.

It appears that Anya Taylor-Joy, who made such an impression on audiences in The Witch, also made an impression on producers Simon Kinberg and Lauren Shuler-Donner, as sheíll be stepping up to play Illya Rasputin, aka Magik. Thatís a great role, and it makes me laugh that you can almost read The Witch as a prequel at that point.

It looks like theyíll also be casting Cannonball, Sunspot, and Mirage, so they really are going for the most traditional version of the team, the first line-up, and that makes me extremely happy. You can expect James McAvoy to play a significant role in the film, which makes sense, and Alexandra Shipp, who plays Storm in this summerís X-Men: Apocalypse, will make the jump to this team as well.

Itís exciting to see them finally bringing these characters into the world of X-Men, and it makes perfect sense in terms of timing. With Hugh Jackman already announcing that heís finished playing Wolverine after the release of the upcoming third Wolverine movie, itís clear that an era has ended, or is ending, and itís time to start expanding the roster and growing some new movie stars for the series. Williams and Taylor-Joy are both exciting young actors who have been doing strong and interesting work already, and this should launch them into a whole different level of public awareness.

There's no current release date for the film, but there's a strong chance you'll see The New Mutants onscreen in 2018.

Fox was not able to officially comment for this story.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:54 AM   #3384
W.West

Old 04-01-2016, 09:00 PM   #3385
Fearless
Agent Orange

That is some quality casting! I have to say, I'm impressed!
Old 04-01-2016, 09:42 PM   #3386
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

NOT SO FAST — FOX SHOOTS DOWN NEW MUTANTS CASTING RUMOR
Quote:
Nerdist reached out to Fox directly for a comment on the rumor and we were told that it was “not true.”
Marvel's Iron Fist casts The Force Awakens actress in lead role
Quote:
Jessica Henwick has landed the coveted role of martial arts expert Colleen Wing in the Netflix series. A martial arts expert running her own dojo, Colleen will serve as an invaluable ally to Iron Fist, aka Danny Rand (Finn Jones), as he returns to his life in New York.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:05 AM   #3387
W.West

Old 04-05-2016, 04:53 AM   #3388
W.West

Did Sony Pictures Accidentally Reveal the Title of the ‘Spider-Man’ Reboot?