The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics
View Poll Results: Rate Flashpoint
* 2 8.70%
** 5 21.74%
*** 5 21.74%
**** 9 39.13%
***** 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #1376
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Not bad for a fill in artist, not bad at all.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #1377
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

MARCUS TO Joins THE FLASH For 2 to Help Studio Mate
Old 05-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #1378
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Kid Flash To Star in Solo Adventure in DC UNIVERSE PRESENTS One-Shot
Quote:
You know him as part of TEEN TITANS. Now, Kid Flash will be starring in his first solo adventure!

In a special one-shot issue of the fan-favorite anthology series, DC UNIVERSE PRESENTS, Kid Flash will race against time as he deals with the prehistoric trouble the Teen Titans brought back from Mystery Island.

“The Teen Titans survived the Culling and are in for some Prehistoric adventures in both SUPERBOY and TEEN TITANS number tens on the aptly named Mystery Island. And when all is said and done, they will be taking home some souvenirs,” editor Eddie Berganza revealed to THE SOURCE. “Helping Kid Flash have a yabba-doo time with the visiting Dino teens (in back-ups in both TEEN TITANS #11 and #12 with a prologue and epilogue that connects to DC PRESENTS #12) are writer Fabian Niceza and artist Jorge Jimenez. As this story unfolds, we will see which species is really set for extinction!”

DC UNIVERSE PRESENTS #12 will be written by Fabian Nicieza and illustrated by Jorge Jimenez. Look for the issue in stores on August 15th, but in the meantime, check out the below promotional art from the issue’s cover artist, Ryan Sook.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #1379
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Oh Ryan Sook, if only you were fast enough to do interiors on a regular basis...
Old 05-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #1380
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
Oh Ryan Sook, if only you were fast enough to do interiors on a regular basis...
He's killing me.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #1381
W.West

The Flash #9 PREVIEW
Writer: Francis Manapul & Brian Buccellato
Artist: Francis Manapul

Manapul & Buccellato Reintroduce The Rogues To "The Flash"
Old 05-18-2012, 11:41 PM   #1382
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Tony's Flash looks better than his Batman. And To's Flash is pretty sweet too, I'm a growing fan of that guy ever since his work in the Red Robin series pre-relaunch.

I like the new looks for the Rogues, I'm impressed with what they did with Glider. I'm not a fan of Turbine taking the place of the Top though. I loved the Top. But I can see where he seemed like a bit of a lame villain to the casual reader.

If I had more cash I'd follow the Flash more regularly. I love FM's art, but for now unless Wally does miraculously show up I'll just try and pick this up in trades.

~KL~
Old 05-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #1383
Whitey
Corpse Trainee

I think the whole run sofar is better then the previous run. I like the work of Manapul and Buccellato a lot. Hope they can keep up the good work.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #1384
Jon Q. Citizen
Manhunter Repairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
I think the whole run sofar is better then the previous run. I like the work of Manapul and Buccellato a lot. Hope they can keep up the good work.
I agree with your statement....everytime I've seen or read anything about them and The Flash, they seem genuinely excited and inspired to be the creative team for this title. Knowing that they are enjoying themselves immensely and count themselves blessed just adds to my delight every month to pick up The Flash!
“You were electrocuted by a Giant Moth. That kind of thing will scramble your brain right good." -- Boxer (in Godzilla #6)
Old 05-31-2012, 03:59 PM   #1385
W.West

Audio of Ethan Van Sciver describing his & Geoff Johns' initial plans for The Flash
Old 05-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #1386
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

PCC-Ethan Van Sciver Panel.
Quote:
This of course brought up regular con whipping boy Wally West. EVS mentioned that Dan Didio has to love this. No matter where he goes it's all anyone asks about and he loves it. Wally will be back someday but he looks at it like he did years ago with NightWing. And how he was going to kill him just so people talked about him. We would see Wally eventually till then Dan just likes seeing people pissed/talking about him.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #1387
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

If that's true that's pretty stupid and childish. Thus confirming they just do this shit to piss people off. Is that really how they expect to keep fans?
Old 05-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #1388
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Well while it is true that DiDio subscribes to the any publicity is good publicity school of thought, we have no idea if EVS actually knows something or if that's just what he believes will happen
Old 05-31-2012, 04:34 PM   #1389
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
If that's true that's pretty stupid and childish. Thus confirming they just do this shit to piss people off. Is that really how they expect to keep fans?
I'd be happy with that statement if there was a Grant Morrison waiting in the wing to tell a Wally West story like he did with Grayson. But that isn't the case and I'm left to continue believing that DiDio just doesn't like the idea of legacy characters. He tried to kill Nightwing, Ryan Choi was bumped off the table just as quickly as he was put on it, Wally West isn't even an afterthought, Donna Troy is still in abyss, Kyle Rayner's history has been wrecked...and all for the "iconic" lineup he loves so much.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #1390
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Talking To Brian Buccellato About Foster, Flash And Fatherhood
Old 06-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #1391
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

The Flash #0 Promotional Art

Old 06-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #1392
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

The Flash #11 Cover by Francis Manapul