The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 12-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #126
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Be that as it may. I don't ever see that happening.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #127
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL2873 View Post
If people stop paying scalper prices, then what is in it for the scaplers? Why would they continue to do it? They wouldn't. If it doesn't hold personal interest for them, and it doesn't make them profit, it's a waste of their time. They wouldn't want truck loads of crap around that they can't sell. Pointless. Better they put their money into something that sells. Stop paying scalper prices, and *poof*, they disappear

But it takes a village, lol.
Blame Graphitti. If they didn't put such a limit on these pieces, they wouldn't be demanding so much on the secondary market. What they should have done was offer them on their website after the con in different packaging. That way, eveyone gets a set and the people at the con get something limited and unique.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:43 AM   #128
jimm

These sets look great (especially open). Can't say I'd spend the time at sdcc or dough on the bay they demand though. More of a dcuc completist myself and thats spendy enuff
Old 12-13-2009, 04:16 AM   #129
GL2873
Fatality's Blacksmith

I used to be a DCUC completist (GLs), but ended up returning them all, got to be too much ($ and space). So I agree - pick one and stick with it.
GL2873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #130
Hellboy
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Send a message via MSN to Hellboy Send a message via Yahoo to Hellboy

Finally started down this road... the road full of heartache and grief that will eventually lead to the elusive Rainbow Hals...

First one came today, Green for $60 including shipping. They look even better in person... but it wasn't in the original plastic bag. Blister's coming off at the top. Blisters a little smooshed at the bottom. I guess I can live with those, although seeing that the first one isn't in the bag means that the rest will have to be unbagged (or I'll have to remove them); I have this weird OCD completist thing...

I was also obsessed with the bags, my logic being that if they're still in the bag, there's a lower possibility of damage to the packaging. Judging from this first purchase, I may have been right *sigh*

In any case, I'm happy. I've made the first purchase so there's no stopping now.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #131
James Bond
Banned

I'm glad you bumped this thread so I can see what people posted about their experience. I was able to get my sets with the help of friends and strangers.
James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #132
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
This should answer your question:

I'm still looking to trade 1 for 1 for a Red one. I contacted several sellers on eBay, but they're only looking to make a buck. What sucked about waiting in line at the Con was 80% of the jerkoffs there knew NOTHING about Green Lantern. They should have had a quiz to purchase instead of an asinine raffle.

would you trade the blue hal for a wl sinestro?
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #133
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I had my opportunity to buy a few of these, but I passed. I should have at least bought the GL Hal, since I don't have one and they were available the day after as they weren't sold out. Oh well.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #134
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
would you trade the blue hal for a wl sinestro?
Those are LONG gone. I've sold those off to other members of the forum right after the Con last year... and I already have 3 White Sinestro's: One that I ripped out of the package to display, one to keep in the package and one to trade.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #135
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I know this is a stupid request but if anyone was willing to part with a red and/or yellow pm me. I doubt that it's possible but it never hurts to ask.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:55 PM   #136
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
Those are LONG gone. I've sold those off to other members of the forum right after the Con last year... and I already have 3 White Sinestro's: One that I ripped out of the package to display, one to keep in the package and one to trade.

oh ok wow. you should try selling them on ebay . sell 5 a set and charge 200 or something ya know?
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:50 PM   #137
Bjjer
Alan's Drycleaner

I just have the Green Hal, which to me is the most important. I kinda want the red but wont jump through hoops to get it. If, a few years down the road I find one for cheap ill pick it up, but that also goes for the rest of them. They are nice but to me not necessary for my collection.
Bjjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #138
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
oh ok wow. you should try selling them on ebay . sell 5 a set and charge 200 or something ya know?
Too much hassle. Then, there's the listing, final value and paypal fees.

Plus, I'd rather sell the stuff to people here that didn't get a chance to visit the Con. At least I know the people here will take care of the toys.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #139
DemiMatt

I got a set, my friend bought me a blue, I ended up getting 2 oranges, traded an orange for a red, then bought a yellow and a green. TBH I am quite over them (except the red) debating if I should sell my set, they are all open of course, but yeah looking for 40 a figure? Wouldnt mind selling as a set with the Wonder Con guys, if anyones interested LMK.

Ill be listing a bunch of GL stuff on the boards possibly tonight (alot of variants signed as well)

Very inclined to have board members get these items rather than ebay (wont gouge on prices either, if I am just LMK)
Old 05-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #140
Hellboy
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Send a message via MSN to Hellboy Send a message via Yahoo to Hellboy

I'd take them off your hands including the Wondercon set. Let me know.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:42 AM   #141
jourdo
Kyle's Nude Model

If anyone is looking to rid themselves of a set, I would be more than happy to take them off your hands.

I still have an arm and leg that I might be willing to part with. However, my soul has been sold so many times it really isn't worth that much anymore.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #142
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

must have red and blue one day
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote