The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern Vol. 1/Alan Scott/JSA
FLASHCHAT

GL Volume 1
View Poll Results: JSA #26
* 0 0%
** 1 33.33%
*** 1 33.33%
**** 0 0%
***** 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2009, 10:59 PM   #51
ion.nai
existential absurdist

Send a message via MSN to ion.nai

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL BoreBoy View Post
So this issue is about Stargirl whining endlessly her birthday, because those six panels didn't make it clear enough. I'm starting to think I did myself a favor by pulling this off my list.
i pulled it a year ago and buy it every so often to get a small dose of Alan Scott and The Sandman. JSA has much more potential than what is being produced.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:03 AM   #52
GL BoreBoy

I just hope they trim some of the characters because the cast is too full. Usually I like a big cast of characters but here I don't think its been handle well.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:34 PM   #53
Old School
Guardian of the Universe

Send a message via AIM to Old School

god what a filler issue this was.

the art was good though...

see what the next "era" has to bring to the table now next month
Old 04-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #54
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL

Poll added. This comic feels like it's going to be a burden to buy...I could get a good beer for the same price.

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:21 PM   #55
Old School
Guardian of the Universe

Send a message via AIM to Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_GL View Post
Poll added. This comic feels like it's going to be a burden to buy...I could get a good beer for the same price.

NOTHING HAPPENS

they celebrate stargirls b-day
Old 04-29-2009, 08:39 PM   #56
Maverick_GL

I think it's about time to drop this from my pull list. Not like it ever sells out anyway.

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Old 04-29-2009, 10:22 PM   #57
Maverick_GL

Ok...I had reservations, thought this issue would have sucked, but it didn't. It brought a smile to my face and a nice feeling, a rare thing in todays comics.

5/5.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:52 PM   #58
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Wow. I was NOT prepared for how disappointed I would be with this issue. It was just so bland. A really uninteresting way for the Geoff Johns era of JSA to end. I wasn't against a Cournteyspotlight issue, it just shouldn't have been the one that ended the creative team's run. It's the JSA, not Stargirl and the JSA. And the team's fawning over Courtney throughout the issue was a bit over the top (the scene with the entire team in the dentist's office for instance).

One thing I won't miss is how Eaglesham draws Jay Garrick. His hair gets longer and longer every issue. He's starting to look like grandpa hippie Flash who went to Woodstock! Other than that, I love Eaglesham's work on the book and think he's been great.

Geoff had a great long run and added a lot of amazing stories to the JSA mythos. It's become apparent that it's time for him to move on, but as a JSA fan I can't deny how many great stories there have been along the way over the last decade.

Love Alex Ross' covers, but I will not miss chasing down variant covers anymore.

So all in all, a mixed blessing for this changing of the guard. All of these guys are going to keep creating comics that I'll buy and enjoy, and at the same time I'm really looking forward to the next phase of JSA. Just wish it didn't go out with a whimper!