Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 11-30-2017, 02:10 PM   #3401
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK HAND View Post
Wow, and I heard they refuse to turn them off now. Dummies, what a PR disaster. I actually like the game too.
Is it decently playable without micotransactions? I can live without being Luke if it doesn't mean the rich kids are winning every battle.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:39 PM   #3402
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK HAND View Post
Wow, and I heard they refuse to turn them off now. Dummies, what a PR disaster. I actually like the game too.
As the article notes, microtransactions make EA so much money that removing them is outright impossible; it would be like asking them to liquidate the corporation entirely and sell all rights to their franchises. Not gonna happen, so everyone just has to settle for a mix of "putting up with what's there" and "hoping the worst of it gets toned down a notch."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Is it decently playable without micotransactions? I can live without being Luke if it doesn't mean the rich kids are winning every battle.
My understanding is limited, but I've heard it's a decent enough game without having to pay to win. Before the MTX were turned off completely (a temporary act), I read the hero purchasing requirements had been markedly cut down (something like 75% cost reduction), which means far less grinding for non-hardcore players, and therefore special characters can be had with much less ass-pain.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:00 PM   #3403
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

The True Legend of Nintendo's lawyer John Kirby, who defeated Universal Studios without eating them alive and screaming...before he went on to do that to millions of King Dedede's minions
Old 12-06-2017, 06:33 PM   #3404
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

interesting post on reddit, from the user dd179 about Destiny 2's new dlc:

Quote:
In case you weren't aware, the new Destiny 2 DLC, Curse of Osiris, dropped yesterday for $20. It brought with it a couple of new strikes, a new zone, new story and a new raid that will be released soon.

Before the DLC dropped, players were able to do the prestige Raid (hard mode raid), Nightfall (end-game strike with modifiers) and Trials (end-game PvP) on a weekly basis for rewards.

Now that the DLC has dropped, these three activities have been locked out for players who didn't purchase the DLC. All three of them have been moved to sort of a DLC playlist, so vanilla players can no longer access them.

They are essentially locking you out of content you have already paid for.

EDIT: To a little bit more to this, this has been happening since Destiny 1.

In Destiny 1, there would be around 6 or so PvP playlists at any given time, with different game modes such as Rumble, Clash, Control, etc. If you had the base game, you always had access to all of the playlists and you could play every single mode. If a new DLC dropped and you didn't buy it, most of the playlists would get locked out for you, since everything moved to a DLC play list. Instead of having all 6 playlists, you would only get to play Clash and Control, for example.

The same thing would happen with the Strikes playlists. Instead of having three strike playlists to choose from, you would get just one playlist that wasn't even worth your time, since the gear it dropped was way below the cap of the vanilla game. You couldn't even do the hard mode you previously had access to.

This is one of the scummiest practices I've ever seen in AAA gaming.

EDIT 2: Vanilla owners can no longer get all the vanilla achievements/Platinum trophy (for PS4 users) because some of these are locked behind the Prestige Raid, which vanilla players don't have access to anymore.
.......wow. that's pretty fucked up. :/

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:52 PM   #3405
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

That's Bungie for you: they say they listen, but they don't.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:14 PM   #3406
BLACK HAND
Manhunter Repairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I am usually at the middle of the pack, I'm not even double digit level yet. Having Luke or Darth can be a big advantage, but honestly it really depends on how well you stick with the objectives and keep a good kill/death ratio, without using up all your teams re-reinforcement points by being suicidal. I don't even want Luke or Darth, I never chose them as heroes on the last game. I'm more about Boba.
BLACK HAND is offline   Reply With Quote