Blackest Night Figures (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
    It's the same Hal from the Superman/Batman line. Just buy that one.
    And that's a great figure, too.

Comment

• These are how the waves will be set up plus more are on their way but in planning.

IGN Comics: Can you give us the technical specs for these figures - size, articulation, MSRP and any other noteworthy features?

Brewer: Sure!

Wave #1
      - Black Lantern Earth-2 Superman 6.5"
      - Alpha Lantern Boodika with removable face plate 6.75"
      - Blue Lantern Saint Walker with power battery 7.5"
      - Atrocitus with power battery 7.25"

Wave #2
      - Black Lantern Martian Manhunter 7"
      - Green Lantern John Stewart with power battery 6.75"
      - Indigo with Power battery 7"
      - Kryb with removable back cage that stores 2 alien children 7"

Wave #3
      - Black Lantern Aquaman 6.75"
      - Green Lantern Arisia with power battery 6.5"
      - Star Sapphire with power battery 6.625"
      - Larfleeze The Orange Lantern with Glomulus and power battery 7" GLOMULUS is 2.375"

Wave #4
      - Black Lantern Firestorm 6.75" to top of head (helmet increases height)
      - Green Lantern Kyle Raynor with power battery 6.75"
      - Black Hand with Batman skull 6.75"
      - Wonder Woman 6.625" to top of head (hair increases height)

Later waves are in the planning stages.

Multi-Colored Ring ReplicasIGN Comics: We notice Hal Jordan and Sinestro aren't among the figures - is that simply because you've been releasing Hal and Sinestro in other lines?

Brewer: Our collectors (thank you all) tend to stay with our lines for some time, so we felt that the relatively recent releases of the figures satisfied the need. Their scale and sculptural style where a perfect fit for the line, and we had another plan for Hal from pretty early on as a key player for our summer convention exclusive.

IGN Comics: You mentioned more figures planned for the Blackest Night line. Some of our more favorite creatures in the Blackest Night series - such as Arkillo, Mogo or Dex-Starr - are a bit out there. Are characters like that a bit tougher to pull off, particularly if they're, say, a Green Lantern planet?

Brewer: The wider Corps is filled with cool characters that we would love to play with sculpturally. As we continue to add to this line some of the ones you mentioned may find their way in. I've asked my production team several times where the manufacturing quotes are for our scale 1:1 Mogo figure, but I think it is bogged down in some silly discussion about packaging and shipping issues. I'll have to ask again...

IGN Comics: Are there plans to do more deluxe items like oversized action figures or statues? Are those a bit tougher to time to storylines as you have with Blackest Night?

Brewer: We have a number of GL related product coming out in the next year, which we hope will help extend the Blackest Night fun. Props are always tricky as they each present unique manufacturing challenges, while statues can be easier than actions figures because the production time is a bit shorter. Our multi-colored ring Prop and quarter scale Hal statue hopefully will extend this program and satisfy collectors of all stripes. We have a few more things in the hopper so keep watching dcdirectonline.com!

IGN Comics: Anything else you'd like to add about DC Direct's Blackest Night action figure line-up?

Brewer: Blackest Night has work for us on a number of levels, and presented the perfect opportunity for DC Direct at the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con. When we were kicking around ideas for our exclusive figure, this seemed a natural fit. Seeing Hal in the uniforms of the various colored Corps is an interesting story point and makes for some cool figures. From the costume designs to the packaging these figures will be essential for anyone who wants to complete their Blackest Night collections.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
        Ok, seriously hate the chrome uniforms... the Green Lantern uniform, hell, no Lantern uniform has EVER been shown as Chrome in the comics...

If i do buy them, it'll be for parts and mods

M

Comment

• I think the pearled color works for yellow and red.

Comment

• I've asked my production team several times where the manufacturing quotes are for our scale 1:1 Mogo figure, but I think it is bogged down in some silly discussion about packaging and shipping issues. I'll have to ask again...
            That would be sweet.

Comment

• s#it !! all figs are awesome... but carol again ??! wtf ?!?!

and where d hell's GUY GARDNER!!!??!

Comment

• Originally posted by methos View Post
                Ok, seriously hate the chrome uniforms... the Green Lantern uniform, hell, no Lantern uniform has EVER been shown as Chrome in the comics...
                To be fair, though, I've never imagined them to actually appear as spandex or cloth or even leathery in real life... I'd expect the material itself to be somewhat otherworldly, or something.

Comment

• i will admit not spandex... an otherwordly texture yes... almost leather but not quite

M

Comment

• Originally posted by methos View Post
                    i will admit not spandex... an otherwordly texture yes... almost leather but not quite

M
                    To be fair, most corps hotties would look awesome on spandex...

Comment

• Originally posted by Orion Pax View Post
                      To be fair, most corps hotties would look awesome on spandex...
                      On spandex... in spandex... next to spandex... yeah, my head is aflood with images of Jade now lol

M

Comment

• Cool figures, I probably going to get Kyle and John to complete the Lantern collection of the Earth ones. Might get Agent Orange and BL Aquaman who looks sweet with his Orange shirt.

Anyways I hope that we can get the other colored Hal figures for the ones who can't make it to SDCC, without paying an arm and 3 legs for them.

I think they might be hiding a new Hal and Sinestro figures depending on what happens to them both during the Blackest Night. I also figure there will be a Scar and whoever the Black Lanterns' Guardian is figures as well.
                        No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

• YES!

I've been waiting for the news about any new Blackest Night figures, and I'm pretty happy with the line-ups. I'll admit that I'd rather have more of the other Corps rather than more Black Lanterns, but for marketing it makes more sense to do the popular dead characters, so I can live with that. And another Star Sapphire Carol is just stupid -- why not Fatality or Miri? -- but...

A new Kyle, and better yet, an Arisia, make up for it. Figures they'd announce an Arisia as I'm working on a custom of her, but hey, I'll take what I can get. My Green Lantern shelf is horribly bare of females.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duskdog View Post
                            Figures they'd announce an Arisia as I'm working on a custom of her, but hey, I'll take what I can get. My Green Lantern shelf is horribly bare of females.
                            I know that feeling since I just finished a custom of her

Comment

• No clue why we are getting another Carol, I'll paint the damn thing black and pretend. other then that I love the whole line, my wallet does not though

God Damn I can't wait!
                              My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

• looks like the pink is translucent on this Carol, look at her right arm you can tell there.
                                My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X