No announcement yet.

Xbox One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which then leads to the question of what if the person who paid said fee to borrow your game doesnt want to keep it. Are they reimbursed? Maybe this thing is like a rental where the fee you pay is only for a limited time and once that time is up you can't play it anymore or get charge another fee like when you don't return a rental on time.
    I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

just take your xbox to your friends.

and if the games get installed onto the hd and you have a full hdd and uninstall a game, are you able to reinstall it at no charge?

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
        Which then leads to the question of what if the person who paid said fee to borrow your game doesnt want to keep it. Are they reimbursed? Maybe this thing is like a rental where the fee you pay is only for a limited time and once that time is up you can't play it anymore or get charge another fee like when you don't return a rental on time.
        I guess that could work, from Microsoft's standpoint anyway. It would still kill rentals and reselling, because what kind of rental fee can you charge if the customer then has to pay Microsoft on top of that, and who would ever buy a used copy if they only got it for a limited time before they had to pay again?

Comment

Well I meant the rental fee would be charged by Xbox but then again you would still need the game to download. There are just many question that arise from this which we won't get till E3 most likely.
          I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
            just take your xbox to your friends.
            Not ideal if you've got your Xbox running everything including the kitchen sink, like they clearly WANT you to do.

Comment

you sink aint running if you aint home is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                you sink aint running if you aint home is it?

If you live alone, I suppose. Lots of people don't. If my kid wanted to take the Xbox to a friend's house to play, and everything was routed through it, I'd say, "Nope. Sorry."

Comment

It's a dumb move either way. I pray that the public don't go along with this, like they have for day1 DLC and other bs. If people actually accept this and Sony and other companies start doing it....well screw everything.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

+ YouTube Video
                    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Yeah this fuggs me over pretty hard. Because most of the games I play are fighting games that I want to play with a specific friend,that I see often. The Injustice copy that I am playing right now is his copy. The only game we don't go over to each others houses and Play is Marvel Vs Capcom 2.

This kinda kills a tradition with me and him, I have been playnig games with my best friend since the 8 bit days. Now we have to cough up well over 100 bucks just to play a game? I am afraid that just is not gonna happen. Why dose the industry hate casual gamers so much?
                      Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

i am not understanding the uproar of people with the new console. sure will it suck if you buy a game and can only use it on one account per system yes... however microsoft has not given full explanation about how this will work. it would be nice if you create an account on the system and can assign a number of gamer tags within that account that can all use games. on the gaming with friends end of things as far as taking the game to a buddy's house tell your friend to stop being cheap and buy the game or here's an idea YOU host the friends at YOUR place problem solved. and on the trade in front it does appear as microsoft has a plan in place how exactly it works is not yet known but they have said they plan to allow the trading this could be something were you release your rights to the license before you trade it or maybe the trade location is able to do such a thing through some ms database things aren't going to be as bad as everyone is crying about

Comment

XBOX needs to jump through hoops to please the consumer not the other way around. Being a gamer is so much more expensive then it was back in the day.

You pay for memberships,You pay for more Maps and Charaters,You pay to make you avatar look cool,You pay for themes,you pay to add new things like kencet. You pay and pay and pay. It is rediculious to those of us who remember the day when you paid 50 bucks for a game and that was the end of it.
                          Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...e-world-works/

Wow. just wow MS. You done fucked it all up. I can't believe a company could be so stupid.

That "fee" is full price. Game over son, you could show Shenmue 3, Final Fantasy 7 remake all at E3 nobody with any sense is going to touch your shit.

Given how well MS and Nintendo cameback this gen, its amazing to see them fall back to where there were before. I mean the question marks where always going to be over Nintendo, but for MS to essentially blow off their own two legs is quite something.

If Sony dont do this same bs then we are looking at another Xbox/Gamecube/PS2 era, where there was only one clear winner, by a massive distance.

If they do, then I guess it's over for me and consoles and PS3 will be the last machine I buy. I'll just stick to PC, like I have for most of this gen.

I just can't get over how dumb this is.

+ YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                            Frank Castle
                            Alpha-Lantern
                            Last edited by Frank Castle; 05-22-2013, 11:41 AM.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

yeah but everything in that time has jumped in cost. movie theater prices are crazy high it's about 10 dollars for the cheapest time of the day but people still go to the movies. the cost of dvd's and blu ray's are much more expensive then vhs was and people still purchase those. point being if you want type of the line entertainment you have to pay the cost for said entertainment or go without if everyone boycotts prices drop but if people continue to pay the high prices the industry has no reason to lower prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
                                http://www.computerandvideogames.com...e-world-works/

Wow. just wow MS. You done fucked it all up. I can't believe a company could be so stupid.

That "fee" is full price. Game over son, you could show Shenmue 3, Final Fantasy 7 remake all at E3 nobody with any sense is going to touch your shit.

Given how well MS and Nintendo cameback this gen, its amazing to see them fall back to where there were before. I mean the question marks where always going to be over Nintendo, but for MS to essentially blow off their own two legs is quite something.

If Sony dont do this same bs then we are looking at another Xbox/Gamecube/PS2 era, where there was only one clear winner by a massive distance.

If they do then I guess it's over for me and consoles and PS3 will be the last machine I buy. I'll just stick to PC like I have for most of this gen.

I just can't get over how dumb this is.

+ YouTube Video
                                ok paying full price will suck at least the other end of things has been clarified with every account on said system of activation will be able to access the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X