The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I overheard Eddie 'the Animal' Lopez] telling stories in a diner once, and he was hilarious. He could have had a huge career as a boxing commentator.
    That must be the benefit of being in the LA area. I wish I just heard heavyweights discussing their career. Then again, I don't get out much locally either, so maybe I'm missing a bunch of such opportunities.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 09-18-2019, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

That must be the benefit of being in the LA area. I wish I just heard heavyweights discussing their career. Then again, I don't get out much locally either, so maybe I'm missing a bunch of such opportunities.
      He said he fought one guy and thought, "He's just a white boy. He ain't got no power." He said the guy immediately hit him so hard that he spun around 360 degrees.

He might have been talking about Gerry Cooney, but I'm not sure.
      Trey Strain
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by Trey Strain; 09-18-2019, 10:16 PM.

Comment

The people who are bitching in the comments section about the stoppage are idiots. If one guy is obviously overmatched and gets knocked down immediately, then the ref should stop it.

Yeah, I know -- those turds get aroused by seeing people get knocked completely unconscious. If they don't get to see that, then they feel cheated.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/evan-ho...014243856.html

Comment

I don't know. I'm not real knowledgeable about boxing scoring and Holyfield clearly dominated, but the other kid did practically jump up. My gut would be that it should've continued and if he went down again like that in seconds it could've been a call. Clearly, the commentators were shocked too and they're not bloodthirsty net posters.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            I don't know. I'm not real knowledgeable about boxing scoring and Holyfield clearly dominated, but the other kid did practically jump up. My gut would be that it should've continued and if he went down again like that in seconds it could've been a call. Clearly, the commentators were shocked too and they're not bloodthirsty net posters.
            That kid didn't belong in the same ring with young Holyfield. The fight should never have been made. If one fighter can't possibly win and is getting hit, then you call it off.

Comment

^That's a real possibility, in which case it's on the promoters and managers.

Comment

Like him or not, Fury deserves great credit for what he did here. He beat the most feared fighter in the world, and he did it convincingly and with no problems.

https://www.mma-core.com/videos/Deon...art_1/10343486

Comment

Working...
                X