Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what if someone wore all the different color power rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
    Well they could become like this:

White Lantern because Indigo-1 said that the White Light was fragmented also in Green Lantern Rebirth when Hal and Sinestro's rings clashed it made a white light. So I am definitely thinking white over rainbow here.
    Yes, the answer is white. White light is (in actuality: the real world) made up of all the colors of the spectrum. It would comprise not only the existing rings but every other ring color that could ever come about, with the exception of black: the absence of light.

Comment

Seeing as Hal Jordan has been in contact with practically all the lights...if anyone is going to become the "focal point" for the colors, it could very well be him.

On the other hand, the only person who's been shown as a White Light source has been Dove...maybe she'll get to wear all the rings or possibly end up as the "prism", whereby her white light is fueled up by the other Lantern's light.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbow Lantern View Post
        man, i knew that was going to come back and bite people in the ass lol

M

Comment

I knew it wouldn't take all the rings together, that seemed stupid from the get-go.

Comment

Thing is, now that white and black are the bookends and the emotional range has been pinned to "just" colors of the spectrum, how long until there becomes a way to combine corps and make new colors?

Would a yellow and blue ring equal a green lantern ring? No. They cancel each other is established, so then you can't really get additive or subtractive, but damn if they probably wont find a way to do it once sales flag a bit…

I think the fact that The CLB, the Starheart and Ion ALL co-exist is probably a closer way to get that multi-ring effect. Violets have Star Sapphires, Lanterns and rings and the Predator, Im sure there will end up being a stone of some kind for each eventually since theres an entity for each, then you can have a ring of one color, hosting the entity for another with a stone of another. They'd likely have to be one similar ends of the spectrum to work, though. Maybe Parallax hosted in Hal with a Green ring actually weakened the potential of the Parallax hybrid? Kyle and Yat both were able to pull directly from Ion when hosting him without their rings. (I could be wrong on Kyle, CMIIW)

What if Atrocitus, who the Spectre said would be killed easily on meeting the Rage entity, takes his Red ring, hosts Yellow's Parallax and finds an Orange lodestone - He'd be Fearsome, Greedy Rage - he'd run half the damned spectrum himself with no real counter in place.

When there isn't a counter in place from the Blue ring, you could get closer to an Infinity gauntlet situation – Take an Indigo Staff top it with a Violet Star Sapphire, wear a Blue ring and a Green ring, ramp up to 200%, and host Parallax? Thats crossing well into both ends of the spectrum, and I don't think the Blue ring depowers Parallax, just a Yellow ring… Parallax is a DCU entity, the Yellow rings were made by Anti-matter Qward Weaponers, or did they find them and claim they made them? How does Parallax link to another universes weapon otherwise?

/ramble

Comment

Originally posted by Plaid Lantern View Post
              Thing is, now that white and black are the bookends and the emotional range has been pinned to "just" colors of the spectrum, how long until there becomes a way to combine corps and make new colors?

Would a yellow and blue ring equal a green lantern ring? No. They cancel each other is established, so then you can't really get additive or subtractive, but damn if they probably wont find a way to do it once sales flag a bit…

I think the fact that The CLB, the Starheart and Ion ALL co-exist is probably a closer way to get that multi-ring effect. Violets have Star Sapphires, Lanterns and rings and the Predator, Im sure there will end up being a stone of some kind for each eventually since theres an entity for each, then you can have a ring of one color, hosting the entity for another with a stone of another. They'd likely have to be one similar ends of the spectrum to work, though. Maybe Parallax hosted in Hal with a Green ring actually weakened the potential of the Parallax hybrid? Kyle and Yat both were able to pull directly from Ion when hosting him without their rings. (I could be wrong on Kyle, CMIIW)

What if Atrocitus, who the Spectre said would be killed easily on meeting the Rage entity, takes his Red ring, hosts Yellow's Parallax and finds an Orange lodestone - He'd be Fearsome, Greedy Rage - he'd run half the damned spectrum himself with no real counter in place.

When there isn't a counter in place from the Blue ring, you could get closer to an Infinity gauntlet situation – Take an Indigo Staff top it with a Violet Star Sapphire, wear a Blue ring and a Green ring, ramp up to 200%, and host Parallax? Thats crossing well into both ends of the spectrum, and I don't think the Blue ring depowers Parallax, just a Yellow ring… Parallax is a DCU entity, the Yellow rings were made by Anti-matter Qward Weaponers, or did they find them and claim they made them? How does Parallax link to another universes weapon otherwise?

/ramble
              Quit it before you give Geoff any ideas.

Comment

*facepalm*

Point made…

Comment

one other interesting bit is, since you brought up entities.

blue cancels yellow out right.

the blue entity is a bird and the yellow entity is a bug.

birds eat bugs.

kinda weird how that worked out.

Comment

Blue also undoes Red...

Blue is a Bird...

Red is a.... um.... big... mammal.... thing....

Coincidence????? I THINK NOT!!!!

No but for realsies tho... stop attributing any kind of deep thought or hard work to Johns on coming up with this shit.

Comment

i wasn't saying there was a deep meaning just an amusing coincidence

Comment

Working...
                      X