The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Movies & TV
FLASHCHAT

Movies and TV

Old 08-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #3101
Fearless
Agent Orange

Just a thought: do you ever think people said this with the Bond series?
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #3102
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
I don't think the James Bond Series has ever been listed as underperforming domestically. Heck Die Another Day was the most successful of Bronson's films, yet the studio seems to treat it as if it were the black sheep of the family.

Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 08-04-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #3103
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
Not me. They could never come out soon enough in my lifetime. I specifically remember seeing every Bond movie in theater since The Living Daylights and my mother tells me she took me as a toddler to see Octopussy. Probably saw For Your Eyes Only and A View to a Kill as well.

Anyway, I think comedy series get tired sooner. Bond is at least reinvigorated by new actors as the main characters.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #3104
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

oh god i hope her head explodes from snorting to much cocain

Lindsay Lohan Joins Scary Movie 5
Charlie Sheen will also return to the franchise.

The ever comeback-ing Lindsay Lohan is reportedly signed on for Dimension's Scary Movie 5.

According to E! Online, Lohan's reps say that "as of right this moment," the actress has not yet signed the dotted line, but insiders close to the studio agree that she's on board for the project.

Lohan joins High School Musical's Ashley Tisdale, who signed on back in June for a starring role. Two leading ladies would seem to make sense as the upcoming lampoon film is said to parody Darren Aronofsky's Oscar-winning thriller Black Swan, starring Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis.

Sources also claim that Charlie Sheen will be returning to the franchise -- despite his character's death in the fourth installment. Needless to say, this cast is really shaping up.

Scary Movie 5 hits theaters January 11, 2013.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...-scary-movie-5

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #3105
Quaker
Leader of the Resistance

Send a message via Skype™ to Quaker

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #3106
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...er-2013-358594

The Baz Luhrmann film -- headlining Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby -- was set to open Christmas Day.

In a surprise move, Warner Bros. has pushed back Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby from Dec. 25 to summer 2013.
our editor recommends
CineEurope 2012: Warner Bros. Touts ‘The Hobbit,' ‘Great Gatsby’
'The Great Gatsby': Brooks Brothers Outfits Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire
'The Great Gatsby' Trailer Presents Leonardo DiCaprio and Empty Grandeur in 3D (Video)

The 3D epic, based on F. Scott Fitzgerald's iconic novel, stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan and Joel Edgerton.

"Based on what we've seen, Baz Luhrmann's incredible work is all we anticipated and so much more," said Warner Bros. president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman, who announced the move with international distribution president Veronika Kwan Vandenberg. "It truly brings Fitzgerald's American classic to life in a completely immersive, visually stunning and exiting way. We think moviegoers of all ages are going to embrace it, and it makes sense to ensure this unique film reaches the largest audience possible."

Great Gatsby was considered a prime awards contender for Warners, but the studio still has potential contenders in Ben Affleck's Argo (Oct. 12); Cloud Atlas, directed by Tim Tykwer and the Wachowskis and starring Tom Hanks (Oct. 26); and New Line's The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Dec. 14), from director Peter Jackson.

Village Roadshow Pictures is Warners' partner on Great Gatsby.

It used to be virtually taboo for a Hollywood studio to push back the release date of a high-profile title, but more and more, studios are doing just that for a variety of reasons.

One specific issue facing Great Gatsby: DiCaCaprio stars in another 2012 Christmas Day movie, Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained.

This isn't good news, it looks like it's a bomb in the making. It isn't good when a studio pushes back a film (unless it's for personal and dumb reasons like Gangster Squad).

Considering how high he budgets his movies, how Baz Luhrmann still has a job directing movies is beyond me.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #3107
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Is is just me, or does "The Great Gatsby in 3D!" sound like some kind of punchline (or possibly a sight gag in the background on a show like the Simpsons)?

I mean, even 5 years ago I feel like, if you suggested to somebody that they were going to re-make "The Great Gatsby" in 3D, it would be assumed that you were joking.

Nowadays, of course, people are surprised anytime a movie comes out WITHOUT a 3D version, it seems...
Old 08-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #3108
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

seal team 6 movie about bin laden killing titled zero dark thirty with trailer

with respect to seal team 6 id rather see the real footage

http://moviepilot.com/526241-first-t...s-and-a-poster

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:36 PM   #3109
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalliccorps View Post
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post

Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:53 PM   #3110
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:

Well that sounds and looks stupid.

Quote:

Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 08-07-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:33 AM   #3111
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalliccorps View Post
+ YouTube Video
pass

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:39 AM   #3112
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
Well that sounds and looks stupid.

hey im just saying i dont think the man is dead and i want to see the helmet camera footage of his ** demise**

either way shown or not your still going to have pissed off extreamists regardless so we are boned either way

Old 08-08-2012, 02:56 AM   #3113
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Quote:
hey im just saying i dont think the man is dead and i want to see the helmet camera footage of his ** demise**
Then either join the politicians or armed forces and rise high enough to earn the privilege of viewing such a thing, or wait until you're too old to feed yourself, because they are not going to declassify that sort of thing for home viewing.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:01 AM   #3114
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Then either join the politicians or armed forces and rise high enough to earn the privilege of viewing such a thing, or wait until you're too old to feed yourself, because they are not going to declassify that sort of thing for home viewing.
ok ok calm down now rainbow bright

no need to get all drama queen now

Old 08-08-2012, 03:08 AM   #3115
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Who's being a drama queen and who's starting to sound like a bigot?
Old 08-08-2012, 04:03 AM   #3116
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
Who's being a drama queen and who's starting to sound like a bigot?
this coming from the guy who likes posting his favorite racist black joke about how they cant swim

your statement isnt valid and you might want to look in a mirror if you want to see a true bigot

Old 08-08-2012, 04:08 AM   #3117
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Wow, pulling that one out of the cobwebs, but the funny thing is alot of black people agree with it. And if you really want to get technical since you don't know the difference between the two, its a stereotype, not a racist joke.

You called a gay guy rainbow bright. Not even in the same league dude. Next time you want to try to paint me as something I'm not try harder. Call me an asshole, jerk things like that yeah I'll admit it. Try to paint me as a racist and you'll see a whole different side to me that you haven't seen.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #3118
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

The Hobbit Will Get Limited Release in 48-Frames
High-frame-rate version only in select locations.

Quote:
Warner Bros. will reportedly only give a limited release to the much talked-about 48 frames-per-second (aka high-frame-rate) version of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey when it opens December 14, perhaps skipping some major metropolitan markets altogether.

"People who have seen much of the film in 48 frames-per-second 3D tell Variety the picture now looks vastly better than the test footage shown this April at CinemaCon, which had not yet undergone post-production polishing and got a mixed reception from exhibitors," according to Variety.

"But the studio still wants to protect the format by going into a limited release for the HFR version, hoping to test the marketplace and expand the HFR release for the second and third installments -- provided auds are enthusiastic. As of now, there are still no theaters ready for HFR projection, though some require only a software upgrade that will be ready in September. Warners is satisfied with the pace of efforts to ready theaters for HFR."
Old 08-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #3119
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

That news makes me happy. After news of the reaction to the HFR screening came out, I was DREADING the idea that they were going to only release it that way. Glad to hear that's not the case. Also glad to hear that the appearance of the HFR version has apparently improved. I'm not categorically opposed to it, but I'm just not convinced that it is a real improvement, so having both versions available to compare is good, and a good marketing decision, too I think. New tech always goes over better when people are allowed to decide for themselves that it is better, I imagine. Force them into it, and many will resist even if the improvements are real.

Of course, if HFR IS popular, that will just give everybody an excuse to use it on everything and then charge a bunch extra for it at the theater.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #3120
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Dumb and Dumber 2 Still Possible

Last month, the outlook for a Dumb and Dumber sequel was not looking good. Just three months after New Line and Warner Bros. confirmed that stars Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels were set to return for the follow-up, Carrey dropped out due to his increasing frustration with what he reportedly felt was an "unenthusiastic" studio.

However, Daniels is now claiming that all is not lost for Harold and Lloyd after all. During an interview following his TCA panel for HBO's The Newsroom, the actor shed some light on the comedy project.

Is there still hope for a sequel? "Oh sure, even more so now," Daniels told Crave Online. "Jim wants to do it. I want to do it. The [directors the] Farrellys want to do it. They want to rewrite the script a little bit and they aren't trying to jam it in before I have to go back and do Newsroom in November. So they're going, 'Why don't we just do it right? Let's get everybody organized to go next May or June.' If everything works out on the business side, that's what we'll do but I think there’s more hope than ever."

As for Carrey's conflict with Warner Bros. and New Line, Daniels added, "I think Jim just got frustrated and I completely got it. I was frustrated too. We thought it was in pretty good shape. The studio and others wanted some more work done [to] it. The Farrellys wanted more work done on it so they got working on it and I think last week they decided to push the shooting of it to next year, possibly because I wasn't going to move The Newsroom."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...still-possible

Old 08-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #3121
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Just kill the project. A Dumb and Dumber 2 is completely unnecessary. The Farrelly Brothers aren't as great as they used to be.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:40 AM   #3122
Fearless
Agent Orange

So...

Thoughts?
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:48 AM   #3123
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

...Ugh.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:11 AM   #3124
IonFan
Forum Member

i need to see a trailer before i give the green light, but i do like the poster

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #3125
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
i need to see a trailer before i give the green light, but i do like the poster
+ YouTube Video