This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Getting back to non-centipede topics....

If that is Cruz, the one good thing is that her silhouette looks free of that survivalist nonsense she had been saddled with. Between Simon's gun, Jessica's guns, John always making sniper rifles or machine guns now to show he's a marine and Hal making that chaingun from the movie, I'm sick of GL's with guns. They should be much more impressive than that.

Comment

New DC Rebirth teaser is up, Jessica Cruz is featured:

Hypo
        Lil' Leaguer
        Last edited by Hypo; 03-23-2016, 07:54 PM.

Comment

HA! knew it

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

John Stewart fans will be pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
              Why? Or rather why now? I mean the character has been mishandled or ignored for so long, what is happening now that will make them actively pissed off? I would think by now they'd just be resigned, barring some particularly egregious misuse of the character (I know that's how I, as a John Stewart fan, feel on the matter, anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                Why? Or rather why now? I mean the character has been mishandled or ignored for so long, what is happening now that will make them actively pissed off? I would think by now they'd just be resigned, barring some particularly egregious misuse of the character (I know that's how I, as a John Stewart fan, feel on the matter, anyway).
                I'll PM you.

Comment

where is the trailer at?

Comment

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
                    Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                    Lol, he's referring to a specific person.

Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
                    where is the trailer at?
                    Edited my post with the link.

Comment

Thanks Hypo, color me meh, it appears that once again the GL universe is tasked with helping DCU with it's diversity issue, ala nu Alan Scott or Baz. I have no problems with Jessica joining the corp. However a character with next to no character buildup, next to zero following being forced to the forefront is maddening. I mean if a character catches the imagination of the masses then great. It worked for Wolverine and lately for Harley Quinn and Deadpool. However to try and force a character to the front of the line, is tantamount to when in Pro Wrestling the bookers try to put a wrestler over that the fans really don't like. No matter how many matches he wins, the resentment grows. Marvel has tried it repeatedly with Moon Knight and to a lesser extent all the Marvel Knights, DC tried it with Supergirl during the Michael Turner volumes.

This feels like Amazon Attacks, here get this because it will be big, and no one cared while at the same time with no fanfare the SCW took over the zeitgeist of the industry. I usually wouldn't care, failed concepts die all the time but the Green Lantern franchise only has two books so far on the deck for publication, and the idea of one of them being saddled with having to take a character from nowhere to important is maddening. What good did Baz do for DC's bottom line and the GL franchise in particular? If Cruz were to just be a supporting character that took off like Ravenger did during a Teen Titans run. Fan excitement, more sales when she was on the cover ect, then increasing her exposure would be merited. OK off the soapbox this feels like
                      EmeraldGladiator
                      Manhunter Repairman
                      Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 03-23-2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

wonder how long it'll be before she's the one and only GL (FOR THE JL FILM)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Thanks Hypo, color me meh, it appears that once again the GL universe is tasked with helping DCU with it's diversity issue, ala nu Alan Scott or Baz. I have no problems with Jessica joining the corp. However a character with next to no character buildup, next to zero following being forced to the forefront is maddening. I mean if a character catches the imagination of the masses then great. It worked for Wolverine and lately for Harley Quinn and Deadpool. However to try and force a character to the front of the line, is tantamount to when in Pro Wrestling the bookers try to put a wrestler over that the fans really don't like. No matter how many matches he wins, the resentment grows. Marvel has tried it repeatedly with Moon Knight and to a lesser extent all the Marvel Knights, DC tried it with Supergirl during the Michael Turner volumes.
                          Eh, honestly the people who post about comics online is such a microcosm that I don't think it's fair to say whether people want the character or not until we actually see sales and even then you have to factor in the creative team. This forum is definitely down on Cruz and Baz, though to be fair we're kind of negative on everything DC, but I've seen a much more mixed reaction to the character across the web....even that though is just anecdotal until we see sales since people who post online about comics is such a microcosm.

more sales when she was on the cover ect
                          When has that ever happened in the modern era?

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post

When has that ever happened in the modern era?
                            Actually I heard about it with Deathstrokes daughter during I think John's Teen Titans run. It got to a point where she was on lots of covers even when she wasn't in the actual issue and I heard it suggested the only reason to do that would be sales related. It was awhile back and I don't know how much credence to give it but at the time her cover appearances spike was noticeable since she went from a supporting character to one of the most popular core characters on the team. Popularity is hard to quantify but I am going by cover appearances, and becoming central to the book storyline wise.

Comment

Hypo back to Cruz I mean character on far left aside, you have the Trinity, possibly two legacy characters from said Trinity, possibly a much requested speedster highly tied to current hit tv show, stars of an upcoming big budget movie, and ...Cruz. Which one doesn't belong? You could say as far as the nu 52 is concerned Cruz has as much gravitas as Clark's son or new Wally but you can't argue with the importance of Wally West in the DCU mythos. Unless the character on the left is Baz in which case she won't stick out, she will have company as far as not belonging, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                                New DC Rebirth teaser is up, Jessica Cruz is featured:

Steve Orlando retweeted this teaser but didn't retweet the first one. Could be something, could be nothing.

Hypo back to Cruz I mean character on far left aside, you have the Trinity, possibly two legacy characters from said Trinity, possibly a much requested speedster highly tied to current hit tv show, stars of an upcoming big budget movie, and ...Cruz. Which one doesn't belong? You could say as far as the nu 52 is concerned Cruz has as much gravitas as Clark's son or new Wally but you can't argue with the importance of Wally West in the DCU mythos. Unless the character on the left is Baz in which case she won't stick out, she will have company as far as not belonging, lol.
                                Yea, I disagree...given how clear DC has made it that Wally isn't a priority I think Cruz belongs on that teaser just as much as him, which is to say neither of them truly belong on a teaser announcing a major DC relaunch. Ditto to whichever Superboy that ends up being.
                                Hypo
                                Lil' Leaguer
                                Last edited by Hypo; 03-24-2016, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X