X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lanterns and Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps Announced

DC ANNOUNCES FULL "REBIRTH" LINE, TWICE-MONTHLY BOOKS, LOWERED PRICE POINT
    Creative team information on DC's new lineup is set to be revealed next month at WonderCon in Los Angeles, on Saturday, March 26. The event will be live-streamed on DC's YouTube channel, bringing the news to those unable to attend the event in person.

June:

Rebirth Specials:

GREEN LANTERNS REBIRTH #1

New #1 Issues (Shipping twice monthly):

GREEN LANTERNS #1

July

Rebirth Specials:

HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS REBIRTH #1
    JUSTICE LEAGUE REBIRTH #1

HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #1
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #1

Fall

Rebirth Specials:

EARTH 2 REBIRTH #1

JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #1

New #1 Issues (Shipping monthly):

EARTH 2 #1
    Hypo
    Lil' Leaguer
    Last edited by Hypo; 02-18-2016, 11:28 PM.

There will be some sort of female GL headlining a book:

Comment

must be what's her name that's in the JL books right now (the one with Darksied in it)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
        must be what's her name that's in the JL books right now (the one with Darksied in it)
        Probably but she's still Power Ring at the moment so not 100% confirmed...just like 99%

Comment

true but wasn't it foretold that one day she'd get a GL ring

IonFan says

Comment

Either way it's titled Green Lanterns. Who's gonna train her officially? If it's Kyle, I don't care if he's sharing the book with the flavor of the week female replacement hero... I'd buy it.

~M~

Comment

The only way I wouldn't buy it is if the stars of the book are Cruz and Baz

Comment

Originally posted by -M- View Post
                Either way it's titled Green Lanterns. Who's gonna train her officially? If it's Kyle, I don't care if he's sharing the book with the flavor of the week female replacement hero... I'd buy it.

~M~
                if i'm remembering right it was also foretold that Baz would be doing that part ( like we need any more books with Baz in it)

IonFan says

Comment

Somewhere near the end of this JL run they acted as if it'd be Hal short term.

~M~

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                    if i'm remembering right it was also foretold that Baz would be doing that part ( like we need any more books with Baz in it)
                    Originally posted by -M- View Post
                    Somewhere near the end of this JL run they acted as if it'd be Hal short term.

~M~
                    Yea in the final issue of Johns GL run they had Baz teaching Cruz, supposedly set during a time when the Justice League disappeared.

Kind of doubt that'll end up being the case though, DC doesn't plan that far ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                      Yea in the final issue of Johns GL run they had Baz teaching Cruz, supposedly set during a time when the Justice League disappeared.

Kind of doubt that'll end up being the case though, DC doesn't plan that far ahead.
                      Are you kidding? Johns loves to foreshadow his next big thing.

Comment

So...the GL family will soon consist of TWO titles, both green titles, which sounds good. No more color brigade crap. And the two titles will be shipping twice a month so DC still gets four GL titles on the printing schedule. That is smart on their part. The question is if the two titles will be worth buying. Neither sounds like a solo title. One is Hal and the Corps, and the other is also plural.

A lot for me rides on what the cast and premise is for each of the titles. As well as who the creative teams are. I'll check them out, but if I'm not impressed or get a good whiff of the corporate, soulless, hack bullshit DC has shoveled out the last few years, I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                          Are you kidding? Johns loves to foreshadow his next big thing.
                          True but Johns is presumably still under the 3 projects rule and he's already got Batman: Earth One Volume 3 in the works. Gotta think a book that ships twice a month would take up two "slots" and that would leave him with no room for Rise of the Seven Seas.

The fact that it is gunna double ship is what makes me think it won't be a Baz/Cruz team-up book. Putting your least popular GLs in one book and double shipping it seems like a pretty predictable way to get a book cancelled.
                          Hypo
                          Lil' Leaguer
                          Last edited by Hypo; 02-19-2016, 05:14 AM.

Comment

A John/Guy buddy cop GL title in one book sounds nice. And the other being Hal, Kyle, and a cast of alien GLs.

Keep Baz and Cruz in JLA titles where they belong. In the shit corner of the DCU.

Comment

How will the art work on the twice monthly books? Will artists do arcs or will they alternate. Didn't Pacheco and EVA alternate arcs at the beginning of the volume after Rebirth?

Comment

Working...
                              X