Clear All

• Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #34

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #34

0.00%
    0.00%
    66.67%
    0.00%
    33.33%

Please tell me we aren't offing the Guardians AGAIN. Heck, I wasn't even clear on whether they were still AROUND, they've been so neglected by the writers. Having them reappear only to get killed would be pretty lame.

Comment

I liked this issue. In particular, I liked the three different forms of investigations Hal, Kyle, and Guy perform.

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      Please tell me we aren't offing the Guardians AGAIN. Heck, I wasn't even clear on whether they were still AROUND, they've been so neglected by the writers. Having them reappear only to get killed would be pretty lame.
      I doubt it since that would mean the GLC losing this arc.

Comment

John Stewart - Trust his brain
        Guy Gardner - Leads with his fists
        Hal Jordan - Goes with his gut
        Kyle Rayner - Follows his heart

I loved this descriptions

And glad to see another young Lantern apart from Kyle. I like Somar-Le. I agree with Ganthet, no living thing possesses a stronger will than of children. It makes sense and a logic explanation of why Kyle could do what he did back in the 90s surpassing by far what his predecessors ever did. The younger the stronger the will.

Comment

I hope all the Vuldarian name dropping is leading to something.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
            Probably just an Easter egg. These writers these days don't seem to delve much into pre-Geoff Johns stuff, and when they do, it's usually only skimming the surface and somehow doesn't feel very sincere.

John Stewart should have some interesting interaction with the Controllers since he used to work for them, but I doubt he will. If the Darkstars are mentioned at all, it will probably just be in one sentence. If I am wrong about that I will truly be surprised.

Green Lantern never reboots, but its history outside of the Sinestro Corps and Parallax entity and whatnot doesn't really seem to matter all that much. Relevant Green Lantern history only really goes back about 14 years, which sounds like a while, but considering how same-y the stuff that happened within that time span is (Corps war or some crap), it feels VERY small. You'll note that the only support characters or villains from before then to still matter were inserted into some Corps (Sinestro, Carol Ferris, Fatality). I suppose you can make cases for Hector Hammond and Hal Jordan's brother, but I think it's debatable whether they actually matter. Had Carol Ferris not been inserted into some Corps and thus given some reason to exist in the current scheme of things, I think there is a good chance she would have fallen by the wayside like Tom Kalmaku.
            Star-Lantern
            Weaponer of Qward
            Last edited by Star-Lantern; 12-15-2017, 11:34 PM.
            ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
              I never read "Warrior" but I was under the impression Guy was supposed to be the end of the genetic line or am I misremembering? Because Guy asked if that was a "new" Vuldarian microbrew. If that's a change in the status quo maybe we will see some Vuldarians coming up. It wouldn't surprise me if they do, that they'll introduce a new "Warrior" with that power set since Guy is back in the Green.

Comment

Working...
              X