No announcement yet.

Space Cop's Fortress of Solitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah! Thanks for the info. It is very hard to get stuff for these two, but I like 'em :-D

Comment

Sorry I missed the questions.
      The playmates line had both. I have the Wizard Exclusive CBG (Bi-Mon Sci-Fi Con). They can occasionally be found on eBay or such, but at a price now.
      There's a book of CBG's Wisdom, which is a fun read.

Comment

Thanks! I will look for the books! At least I've found a CBG Plush-Figure which I like, but it seems as if the Prof. is even harder to cope with. ^^

Comment

Yeah, I have Professor Frink too. He's visible in the second Simpsons pic, second row down, third from right.

I remember a friend (who also collects Simpsons) and I were at a store and they had 1 Frink and 1 Stephen Hawking. I forget if we flipped a coin for it or just decided, but he got Hawking and I got Frink. I wish I had both, but I guess that's the way I would've chosen it.

Comment

Wow, I'm just seeing this thread for the first time. Impressive, man. Very impressive. Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              Yeah, I have Professor Frink too. He's visible in the second Simpsons pic, second row down, third from right.

I remember a friend (who also collects Simpsons) and I were at a store and they had 1 Frink and 1 Stephen Hawking. I forget if we flipped a coin for it or just decided, but he got Hawking and I got Frink. I wish I had both, but I guess that's the way I would've chosen it.
              The Figure is very nice! To flip a coin seems to be the best way to decide. I think I would've wanted both, too. But maybe you stumble upon Hawkins sometime.

Yesterday night I wrote my CBS right away if they could order me the Comic Book Guy Plush Figure. Wanted to ask them first before I order from Amazon. But I have to have one of these, even though some of these seem a little bit strange to me, because Simpsons in 3D isn't always working, but the CBG looks nice to me.

The Book you've mentioned is also available and I'm thinking about if I should get it in mint condition from Amazon or just to buy it used from Ebay. But it seems to be a nice addition anyway.

Comment

Sorry for the double-post, but maybe you're interested:
                http://www.amazon.com/Simpsons-Steph...+action+figure

Comment

Originally posted by Metroplex View Post
                  Wow, I'm just seeing this thread for the first time. Impressive, man. Very impressive. Looks great!
                  Thanks. I moved some things around. I'll probably need to add a photo or two soon since the downstairs desk is now a diecast car display.

Originally posted by Whitey View Post
                  ... The Book you've mentioned is also available and I'm thinking about if I should get it in mint condition from Amazon or just to buy it used from Ebay. But it seems to be a nice addition anyway.
                  Yeah, I mean it probably doesn't have a lot of collectibility, but on the other hand it's an art book (as in glossy pages, all illustrated).

Originally posted by Whitey View Post
                  Sorry for the double-post, but maybe you're interested:
                  http://www.amazon.com/Simpsons-Steph...+action+figure
                  Yeah, thanks. I know he's out there. I just haven't brought myself to spend the over $30 price.

Comment

I want a Jet Jaguar figure.

Comment

UPDATES to come soon, I hope.

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                      I want a Jet Jaguar figure.
                      I pick that guy up a lot just to hold him (Japanese vinyl toys are soft so they're kind of fun to hold almost like a stress toy) and repose (even though he only moves his arms). There's two variants of him, I'd really like to get--an all-white "Medical" version and an all-red "Fireman" version, but they were exclusive to a Japanese collector's magazine and I've only seen them once (sadly, I didn't know enough then to snatch them up).

Comment

Is that an issue of Sonic Disruptors hanging on a wall I see in one of those pics?!?

If so, I salute your inner fanboy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                          Is that an issue of Sonic Disruptors hanging on a wall I see in one of those pics?!?

If so, I salute your inner fanboy!!!
                          Ah, no, sorry. I hang a comic on display by my boxes (I have a real frame now), which I switch out periodically. It looks like at the time it was an issue of Sonic Universe, which means it must have been from the Sonic and Mega Man crossover.

Alas, I am many shades of fanboy as it is. I am a fan of too many things.

Comment

So, a local Youtube show spotlighted my collection. I swear I don't sound like that, but I guess I do.

+ YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Masters of the Universe has expanded and become the centerpiece of the den (my fortress). Here's the three combined shelves overall, from behind and then each of the units close up:

Comment

Oh that's fantastic! You did a nice job displaying your motu collection. I am envious sir!!

Comment

Working...
                                X