Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's funny, but some of Isaac Asimov's novels actually addressed this situation. In Earth's future, the differences between men and women using the restroom had become ingrained and exaggerated to the point where it was UNTHINKABLE for men to talk to, look at, or pretty much even acknowledge each other in the bathroom, while for women it was perfectly normal for a trip to the restroom to be a social event. It was played up to somewhat comedic effect when the main character travelled to another world and was freaked out by a guy, in their different culture, casually trying to chat with him in the restroom.

Comment

• Restroom conversations are just plain awkward. I hate taking a leak while someone else is trying to talk to me. It's even worse if they're trying to talk to me about work. I usually time my restroom breaks during intervals where I know nobody is around or in the office, that is unless mud-butt is calling in which case there are stall walls protecting me.

Comment

• I hate it when your using a urinal and a drunk guy uses the one next to you and starts talking to you.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by projectile View Post
          I hate it when your using a urinal and a drunk guy uses the one next to you and starts talking to you.
          Well, generally I'm not too fond of random drunk guys trying to engage me in conversation, anyway.

(Drunk guys that I KNOW, that can be amusing. But not at the urinal.)

Comment

• Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
            Restroom conversations are just plain awkward. I hate taking a leak while someone else is trying to talk to me. It's even worse if they're trying to talk to me about work. I usually time my restroom breaks during intervals where I know nobody is around or in the office, that is unless mud-butt is calling in which case there are stall walls protecting me.
            you know what sucks about bar hopping? drinking so damn much and puking in the bathroom sink at the bar.

trust me i been there and i learned not to mix voka and jager
            .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
              you know what sucks about bar hopping? drinking so damn much and puking in the bathroom sink at the bar.

trust me i been there and i learned not to mix voka and jager
              See, the lesson I would have taken from that would have been a bit more general. Don't drink so much.

(How were you able to avoid using this: in that post? It seemed such a natural addition.)

Comment

• The Geezer bandit strikes again?

La Jolla robbery now linked to 'Geezer Bandit'

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...geezer-bandit/

LA JOLLA — A bank robbery at a Wells Fargo inside a Vons grocery store in La Jolla is believed to be part of the “Geezer Bandit” series, and a $20,000 reward is being offered for information leading to his arrest, the FBI said Wednesday.

The FBI had said following the Sept. 30 heist that it was investigating whether the robbery was believed to be part of the Geezer series, but Wednesday was the first time the agency confirmed it was linked. The announcement followed a lengthy investigation by the FBI and San Diego police.

The “Geezer Bandit” is believed responsible for 15 bank robberies since Aug. 28, 2009, FBI Special Agent Darrell Foxworth said.

The Wells Fargo robbery was reported at 6:34 p.m. at the bank on Girard Avenue near Pearl Street. The robber made a verbal demand for money and pointed a black revolver at the teller.

The robber had the same physical characteristics as the Geezer Bandit, Foxworth said. As in other heists in the Geezer series, he may have been wearing a mask and gloves, Foxworth said.

The La Jolla robbery marked the first time the bandit has not worn a cap or hat, Foxworth said.

The robber is described as white, 60 to 70 years old, about 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall, and 190 to 200 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call the FBI at (858) 565-1255, or Crime Stoppers anonymously at (888) 580-8477.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                  See, the lesson I would have taken from that would have been a bit more general. Don't drink so much.

(How were you able to avoid using this: in that post? It seemed such a natural addition.)
                  another time i drank i nearly died.

drank 12 shots of piss warm jager on a empty stomach in a house with around 300 ppl with no ac and it was like 100% weather.

i learned from that because i cut myself off on that shit.

the only stuff liqour wise i drink i just stick with vodka or tequlia
                  .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• I get annoyed when people say, "I could care less" when the mean to say "I couldn't care less."
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• ME TOO!!!! So obnoxious
                      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Or when people say " I don't have nothing" instead of " I don't have anything"

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                          I get annoyed when people say, "I could care less" when the mean to say "I couldn't care less."
                          I occasionally make that mistake, but I usually recover by adding, "but not without major surgery."

Comment

• grrr... some of my peeves also include:

"let me aks you a question"

"this is mines"
                            I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• I'M OFF TO AUSTIN COMIC CON PEOPLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Can't embed for some reason, but got a laugh out of this

http://youtu.be/WUxR-ELasrw
                                TheGoatLantern
                                Beta-Lantern
                                Last edited by TheGoatLantern; 11-11-2011, 09:08 PM.

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

Working...
                                X