Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which would you prefer on the big screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which would you prefer on the big screen?

Which clasic green lantern story would you like to see on the big screen?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For me, Blackest Night/ Brightest Day because to me, it's the most iconic storyline.
    Secret Origins
    11.76%
    Emerald Twilight (Parallax origin with Kyle)
    17.65%
    Emerald Twilight (Parallax origin without Kyle)
    0.00%
    Rebirth
    5.88%
    Wanted: Hal Jordan
    0.00%
    The Sinestro Corps War
    29.41%
    Blackest Night/ Brightest Day
    29.41%
    Mosaic
    5.88%
    Deadpool
    Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.
    Last edited by Deadpool; 09-10-2012, 05:07 PM.
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Secret origins only done properly.

Comment

I chose Mosaic, even though I'm not sure it would make a good MOVIE, because I don't really want to see any of your other choices on the big screen. (Well maybe Emerald Dawn, but the way you phrased those choices makes no sense to me, since Emerald Dawn had nothing to do with Parallax or Kyle).

Comment

I think he meant Emerald Twilight, but... I could be wrong? LOL

~KL~

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
          I think he meant Emerald Twilight, but... I could be wrong? LOL

~KL~
          If so, then I'm EXTRA glad I didn't vote for it...

Comment

fixed.
            [center]

Originally posted by W.West
            DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

Parallax origin, with Kyle. The original Parallax, mind you, not the stupid giant space bug.
              The last fan of 1990s comics
              Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                Parallax origin, with Kyle. The original Parallax, mind you, not the stupid giant space bug.
                Hell no. It was hard enough to deal with them $hi#ing on my hero the first time. I don't need to see it on the big screen.

Comment

sinestro corps war please

Comment

Would have liked to see a Secret Origins the first time around

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      Hell no. It was hard enough to deal with them $hi#ing on my hero the first time. I don't need to see it on the big screen.
                      Except they didn't shit on him. Rushed, yes, shit, no. Your reminiscence is flawed! If you want Hal shit on, read most of his dialogue from 2004-present. Or, his own damned book from 2007-present, where he's merely a co-star.

Regardless, it still beats a giant space bug being responsible for every negative thought Hal ever had...
                      SD80MAC
                      Not a True Fan
                      Last edited by SD80MAC; 09-11-2012, 01:06 PM.
                      The last fan of 1990s comics
                      Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Sorry, I get mixed up, lol!

And as for the which Parallax question, eigther. Could be a giant yellow bug if you want, Hal gone mad if you want, or maybe something new, like a possession by the guardians or something.

I'd love to see Emerald twilight done eventualy mainly because I love Parallax, but I still think blackest night/ brightest day because it's so iconic, onme of the most iconic arcs of GL ever.

BTW, are there any other story arcs that I've not put up there which would be iconic ennougth to put up there? I know little about green lantern before emerald twilight, and not to much then. Only know alot about volume four onwards. Mainly because I'm not a fan of golden age or silver age comics. Not sure about bronze age though.
                        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

I'd really love to see Sinestro Corps War and/or Blackest Night as a DC animated movie.

Comment

The original run of Green Lantern/Green Arrow is considered pretty iconic, though I doubt it would make for a good movie (other than the "inspired by" variety, that doesn't try to follow the original too closely, perhaps).

And of course the ACTUAL Emerald Dawn (and Emerald Dawn II), which I enjoyed more as an origin than Secret Origin. Though tastes definitely differ. I know some people despise it (much like some people despise ET. Heck SOME people probably despise each of your poll options, and any others you might name).

Actually, I think the initial issues of Vol. 3 would make for a better movie than Mosaic (though they set it up, pretty much) with the mad Guardian stealing cities from all over the universe, and Hal coming out of semi-retirement and working with Guy and John to take him down and restore the GLC.

Mosaic would be better as a TV series.
                            Mister Ed
                            Horse of a Different Color
                            Last edited by Mister Ed; 09-11-2012, 04:41 PM.

Comment

I'd also like a Mosaic TV series!

Ok, How about we remove the emerald twilight without Kyle, and put in the two Emerald dawns. Actualy, what is emerald dawn? Don't know the storys to eigther of them. Not even sure which green lantern this involves.

Comment

Working...
                              X