• Show
Clear All

Thanx a lot DA, this way really useful

Comment

Not a problem

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Thanks for posting that Andrea.

Seems to me that they only changed the Leigon/Radiation thing to Atrocitus.

Comment

I'm going to have to echo the appreciation.

I love creepy stories, and I definitely enjoyed that one, regardless of its ties to The Blackest Night.

Comment

Originally posted by GLC2814.4 View Post
            And how the hell can this violate copyright??? We don't pay money to post here (so its free of charge) plus DC doesn't get royalties or anything for old issues in the back issue market, so whats the beef?
            They put that story in two different paperback collections over the span of the last five years. If people want to read that story, they should buy one of those trades (or hunt for the back issue, if they swing that way). It doesn't matter if Andrew charges members or not, DC might still feel that this takes money out of their pocket.

Now while I think that DC has made enough money out of Alan Moore (with questionable methods to boot), legally they are in the right.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
              They put that story in two different paperback collections over the span of the last five years. If people want to read that story, they should buy one of those trades (or hunt for the back issue, if they swing that way). It doesn't matter if Andrew charges members or not, DC might still feel that this takes money out of their pocket.

Now while I think that DC has made enough money out of Alan Moore (with questionable methods to boot), legally they are in the right.

So that makes the people at DC either Orange Lanterns or canditates to become Orange Lanterns right ?

Comment

Morally, yes.
                Legally, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                  Morally, yes.
                  Legally, no.

And there is the UNOFFICIAL 1st set of Orange Lanterns or at least OL candidates LOL
                  The Pizza Guy
                  Corpse Trainee
                  Last edited by The Pizza Guy; 02-17-2009, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Anybody else find the interpretation of the ring really interesting? The idea of a disembodied mouth following me around talking to me is slightly disturbing. Also, just because Ranx failed in his initial attempt to destroy Mogo, doesn't mean his next one will fail. Especially if Guy happens to be on Mogo at the time.

This story does gel though with the predictions that in the wake of Blackest Night there will be no Guardians because thier skins will be drums. Slightly messed up, but for all the jerk moves the guardians have pulled I wouldn't be too saddened.

Oh and the DC Universe Stories of Alan Moore introduces Leezle Pon, Mogo, Rot Lop Fan, (who better appear in Blackest Night) and Dkrtzy Rrr, as well as some of the Really Big Green Lanterns.

Comment

Moore was always a inventive one. Doesn't seem to matter what he is witting he comes up with great characters and interesting stories that are rarely boring.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

'ed for the new crop of newbies

Darth_Andrea

Comment

THANK YOU, Andrea. I've been hunting around for the collected trade that contained this - the thread answered that question for me, as well.

Comment

This is being stickied for all new readers that are unfamiliar with Alan Moores original prophecy. Props to Darth Andrea for posting this
                            sigpic
                            Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                              This is being stickied for all new readers that are unfamiliar with Alan Moores original prophecy. Props to Darth Andrea for posting this
                              Thanks for the sticky Mav....a Year Later *teases*

Darth_Andrea

Comment

I could have sworn this used to be stickied, I just figured someone took it down to make room for something else. But it's up now, and here to stay for at least BN I'd imagine.
                                sigpic
                                Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Working...
                                X