• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That looks sweet better add to my pull list

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
      A few thoughts:
      • Not happy about another crossover in the Superman books, the endless crossovers was one of the weaknesses of the Superman-line pre-Rebirth.
      • Did we see any Roy/Ollie interaction in the New 52? Or will the upcoming Green Arrow story be the first time since the relaunch?
      • I think Booster is spot on about Kyle becoming a Blue Lantern.
      • JRJR joining Suicide Squad is somewhat interesting I guess.
      • Really wish they would get a better artist on Teen Titans.
      • Interesting to see Rocafort back on a DC book, I thought he was a Marvel exclusive now.
      • Covers I like:

• A cover I don't like:

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
      Strange; no solicit for the next issue of Doom Patrol. They resolicit that director's cut of #1, and the silver age omnibus, but no DP #7. The other 3 Young Animal titles are there though.
      Looks like the book is gunna be suffering delays, likely hastening it's cancellation:

Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
      That looks sweet better add to my pull list
      Just in case you weren't aware about how the creative teams will work.

Comment

• Yea I know the creative teams switch but the first looks good and the roster for upcoming issues looks pretty good

Comment

• Comment

• This is the first Superman crossover I've looked forward to in a while, keep in mind that Scott Lodbell was in charge of the first few crossovers in new 52 with H'el on Earth, Psi War, and Doomed. Having this crossover tie into the bigger rebirth story has me really anxious for it, plus it'll be done in a month.

Comment

• Based on the covers for the Superman books it looks like we'll be getting yet another new spin on Superman Red/Blue. The red and blue energy around each of them pretty much makes it a given.

I remember when electric blue Superman happened and the red Superman showed up later and blue insisted he was the Cyborg Superman or something sinister. Then I think it happened just before the new52 where they just had all red and all blue tights on.

~//V\\~

Comment

Looks like the book is gunna be suffering delays, likely hastening it's cancellation:

I saw that #4 was severely delayed last week. It was supposed to be out the beginning of December and now it's the end of January, which is quite a bit. I wonder if they are reworking the issue when they got wind of the plummeting sales. It may not end up being as long as I originally thought, even with DC trying to give their new Young Animal line the ol' college try. In this case, DC really DID get behind it. I can't blame them at all. Time will tell sooner rather than later if there is still an audience out there for this kind of title, and if they will find it in time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                  I saw that #4 was severely delayed last week. It was supposed to be out the beginning of December and now it's the end of January, which is quite a bit. I wonder if they are reworking the issue when they got wind of the plummeting sales. It may not end up being as long as I originally thought, even with DC trying to give their new Young Animal line the ol' college try. In this case, DC really DID get behind it. I can't blame them at all. Time will tell sooner rather than later if there is still an audience out there for this kind of title, and if they will find it in time.
                  Have you been reading the series? I remember you were pretty lukewarm on it before it was released.

Comment

A few thoughts:
                    • Did we see any Roy/Ollie interaction in the New 52? Or will the upcoming Green Arrow story be the first time since the relaunch?

This will be their first interactions since the relaunch.

Comment

Have you been reading the series? I remember you were pretty lukewarm on it before it was released.
                      Yeah I was worried that it would try too hard to be Grant Morrison's DP and end up being Pollack's. That didn't happen though and I've really enjoyed the 3 issues they've done so far. It IS a straight up Morrison love fest, but it is well written and has fantastic art.

I dropped the GL books and pretty much my remaining pull list and haven't bought any GL titles since Thanksgiving. I'll keep with DP since it won't be long anyway. After that, there will be a few trades a year I will pick up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                        ...I dropped the GL books and pretty much my remaining pull list and haven't bought any GL titles since Thanksgiving. I'll keep with DP since it won't be long anyway. After that, there will be a few trades a year I will pick up.
                        So, since so few people here seemed to get the compulsion, I guess that leaves me the last guy here who collects because he "has to."

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          So, since so few people here seemed to get the compulsion, I guess that leaves me the last guy here who collects because he "has to."
                          I sometimes feel like there are titles I'm getting mainly because I've enjoyed them in the past, and even though I feel like they are weaker now, I don't want the hole in the collection should they pick up again in future.

That said, there are some things I probably need to drop, since I started getting them thinking that I could share some comics with the kids, but the kids never bit. I already dropped all Star Wars titles for that reason. They were OK, but I really thought they would be fun to share with the kids, and the kids never read ANY of them. Back to the Future I thought my oldest might like, and he did read a few, but then lost interest. Future Quest was another one that I thought I could sell the younger kids on, especially since we've checked a lot of those old shows out from the library on DVD, and they really enjoy Scooby-Doo Team-Up, which has often featured those characters as well, but that none of the were willing to give a try. I can probably stop getting the Batman '66 miniseries, too, since I'm the only one that reads THOSE (though I actually quite enjoy them myself mostly, even though the art on the last was iffy).

Comment

• It was a hundred times harder giving up collecting GL because of my compulsion to not have a hole in my collection, compared to leaving it and missing actually reading them. And that's just the thing, in the end I had to ask myself why I should continue to buy something I don't enjoy anymore. I could continue to buy them for another 30 years, but what's the point if I don't like them any more?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                              ...I can probably stop getting the Batman '66 miniseries, too, since I'm the only one that reads THOSE (though I actually quite enjoy them myself mostly, even though the art on the last was iffy).
                              Well, that one is easy. It's been cancelled, which saddened me. I got all the main issues and I did the crossovers except the Avengers one because I never really watched that show. I still might pick the trade of that up, though. But the main title is done indefinitely.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X