The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 03-04-2017, 03:07 PM   #14876
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Wink

They're struggling with the script. Maybe I should go ahead and finish it for them.

Where they went wrong was in dragging the Sinestro Corps into it. They don't need two big armies fighting each other in space for two hours. Who wants to see that? Sinestro should be secretly working for the Weaponers of Qward.

He shouldn't be a Green Lantern legitimately chosen by the CPB. He should be an agent implanted in the Corps by the Weaponers to kill Abin Sur and steal his ring. And he should see the rookie GLs from Earth as easy marks to manipulate.

No other Corps in this movie except the green one.

Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-04-2017 at 03:32 PM.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 04:24 PM   #14877
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Oh, and the Weaponers could recruit Sinestro because he was jealous that Abin Sur was chosen as a Green Lantern over him.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:30 PM   #14878
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

This thread is merged with the appropriate thread now.

Carry on!
Old 03-05-2017, 12:01 PM   #14879
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

So that's how to make the movie. And to write the first story of the comics reboot as well.

Anything they do with different Corps fighting each other will suck.

Keep the number of protagonists and antagonists to a minimum. Four GLs and Sinestro will be a lot for movie audiences to digest. Don't have countless CGI gobbedly-gookers shooting silly-assed and expensive ring constructs at each other. Tell a story.

Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-05-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #14880
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Here's the problem. There shouldn't be anything in that movie that comes from any later than the early Nineties. But with Geoff involved, it won't get done that way. His stuff will be in it.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #14881
Space Cop
The Dandy

Armie Hammer Teases Potential ‘Green Lantern’ Role
Old 03-07-2017, 03:25 PM   #14882
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I wouldn't mind if Armie Hammer is Hal. And I would not mind if DC/WB keeps this under wraps until the Justice League flick hits theater. I mean, how nice would it be to be surprised by a Green Lantern appearance in Justice League that wasn't leaked or spoiled.

I often imagine what the reaction would have been if Wonder Woman's and Doomday's appearance where kept under wrap until the debut of Batman v. Superman. I would like everyone would probably tell their friends and family to see this film just for the surprise of Wondy and Doomie.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:42 PM   #14883
Space Cop
The Dandy

^Me too, but I don't think it's possible any more.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:07 PM   #14884
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

This is how it happens. They've got no story to tell, but they've got a star.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:54 AM   #14885
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I would be fine with Armie Hammer as Green Lantern.

Man, I may end up seeing the Justice League movie in the theater if this happens.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:18 PM   #14886
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
I would be fine with Armie Hammer as Green Lantern.

Man, I may end up seeing the Justice League movie in the theater if this happens.
So, as of now, you're not planning to see the Justice League movie in the theater?

I find it pretty much impossible to skip a major comic book film when it's released in theaters because of the great risk of spoilers and wanting to be part of the "water cooler" conversation. So even when films get bad reviews, ala Fant4stic, I make my way to the theater.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:26 PM   #14887
Space Cop
The Dandy

^I used to do that, but now there are too many and a lot I don't care about. Justice League is one I do care about, though. It's a real bummer that GL isn't in the lineup, but I'm too much a JL fan to skip it for that.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:17 AM   #14888
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I just ended my Batman vs Superman boycott and saw it for the first time last week. On tv.

This Justice League movie looks so bad that I have been planning on the same boycott I did for BVS, Suicide Squad and Ghostbusters. The GL angle is the only thing perking my ears about it at the moment.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:15 PM   #14889
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
I just ended my Batman vs Superman boycott and saw it for the first time last week. On tv. . .
That's what I did with The Force Awakens--saw it like a year later on Netflix (and then wish I hadn't). I'm also like that with the Avengers cycle stuff from Marvel. I'm burned out on that. I still haven't seen Civil War, but now that it's on Instant Netflix, I'll give it a try some day. I really haven't heard spoilers about that (except that Spiderman pops up), but even if I do, I don't care. I also have not seen that last Ghostbusters. I probably will some day, but with no real effort on my part.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:13 PM   #14890
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I just ended my Batman vs Superman boycott and saw it for the first time last week. On tv.
What did you think of Dawn of Justice and the whole Martha resolution thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
That's what I did with The Force Awakens--saw it like a year later on Netflix (and then wish I hadn't).
So, does this mean you're boycotting The Last Jedi?
Old 03-10-2017, 03:29 PM   #14891
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
So, does this mean you're boycotting The Last Jedi?
I don't know that one person (or three if you include my mother and father) counts as a boycott, but yeah.

I don't have any desire to see it. I'm not the least bit curious about any of the cliff-hangers or mysteries. If I ever watch it, it will be for no extra cost (like Netflix) and only because I feel like I "should" see it, not because I want to.

I'm very much looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy 2, though!
Old 03-10-2017, 04:51 PM   #14892
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

I *would* boycott Star Wars stuff, if for no other reason than Ron Marz doesn't get the due credit for having come up with a ton of the shit in the expanded universe Dark Horse stuff he worked on. He came up with the variations of lightsabers like the one used for Darth Maul, the Knights of Mandalor, tons of shit back in the 90's. I'm not sure he got any credit for the stuff they used in Eps 1-3. Though admittedly the biggest thing was the twin bladed lightsaber IIRC, so it probably doesn't amount for anything in movie credits.

I try and see what movies I'm really rooting for in theaters within the first week after release. Anything Marvel or stuff I don't have as much interest for I usually wait a month or so till it drops down to the $3 theater in the next town over.

~//V\\~
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:54 PM   #14893
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
What did you think of Dawn of Justice and the whole Martha resolution thing?
Ugh. I saw it either on Stars or HBO last week, I can't remember which, but it was the theatrical version. The one everyone warned me not to see, but I didn't have the urge to hunt down the extended version. What a mess that movie was! The editing was off enough that the movie didn't flow right. So many stupid things happened in the film that irked me. The cameos by other heroes felt more like teaser trailers than cameos, none of which worked in the movie.

Batman's dreams were awful. they kept doing them, and one of them went on and on and I was literally laughing out loud while watching it the movie was so bad.

The Martha thing was so eye rolling. Making the connection that Clark and Bruce's mothers are both named Martha into an actual plot point? Groan.

Every second that little girl that played Luthor was onscreen was pure death on film. It was more like a horrible screen test for the Joker than Luthor. Why on Earth WB doesn't just cast Billy Zane to play Lex is beyond me. THIS little twerp? No, just no.

The Doomsday thing didn't work. The whole end of the movie felt tacked on and like some bad fanfic (reduntant, I know. ALL fanfic is bad) come to life.

The worst was the resolution and the service in Smallville. Really? REALLY?!?? Are you really stupid enough to paint yourself in that corner when you KNOW it has to be undone in the very next movie? Or does Snyder just not care and feels free to dismantle the Superman mythos?

I'd give Batman Vs Superman an F. It fails on almost every level. Zack Snyder should never be allowed near a super hero movie EVER again. WB should have yanked him off Justice League, scrapped the footage he did, and started over. The WB/DC cinematic universe can't even BEGIN to recover until the stank of Snyder's DNA is completely off these movies. I want him long gone before any Green Lantern or Flash movie happens.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:04 AM   #14894
Space Cop
The Dandy

^So, you're not a fan of BvS?
Old 03-11-2017, 04:23 AM   #14895
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

As it turns out, I am not.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:25 AM   #14896
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

There were good things; Batman looked the amazing. His costume was the best it ever has been. And the Batmobile was great. Supes amd WW all looked good. Aquaman looked good.

That might be it.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:49 PM   #14897
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

I thought there was too much exposition and not enough actual Batman and Superman in the film. I remember it being reported Superman only had something like 40 lines of dialogue, which is ridiculous. Even with an extra 30 minutes of film in the extended version, it was just more story with not much additional stuff with Batman and Superman in costume. Some stuff made more sense sure, but for a movie about Batman and Superman there wasn't enough of either to justify the money spent on making the film.

I'd have much rather saw a film that focused more on Superman and Batman and supporting characters I actually care about like Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and maybe another reporter like Vicki Vale.

~//V\\~
Old 03-11-2017, 03:29 PM   #14898
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Jimmy Olsen was apparently the government agent that was murdered at the beginning of the film and they just didnt tell us. Sounds legit. That's classic Jimmy!
Old 03-11-2017, 03:39 PM   #14899
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

I remembered reading that, which was so freakin stupid. Supposedly there was a female Jimmy Olsen in the Man of Steel film but I've yet to watch the movie in it's entirety.

You can't expect me to believe they can get the main protagonists right when they can't even make the supporting cast somewhat recognizable. I'd be fine with a black guy as Perry White or a female Olsen, but give us more of them than just one or two brief scenes.

~//V\\~
Old 03-11-2017, 03:54 PM   #14900
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

The Jimmy Olsen thing was so badly done. You kill off a principal character of the superman mythos without even naming him? And change his story so much hes not even recognizable? Perry may be black, but at least he acts recognizably as Perry. Olsen was like a middle finger to fans.

Tags
movie