The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 05-25-2016, 09:54 PM   #14776
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
The movies can't get any worse at this point. At least they have the one direction left to go being up going for them.
A lot of people said the same thing about MOS, and we all know what happened with that, heh.

Keep in mind I did enjoy MOS, I'm just pointing that out.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:28 PM   #14777
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Well, I think Batman and Robin is still the worse DC film followed by Catwoman. So there's still room for the current DCEU to fall.

However, the first step to solving a problem is admitting there is one and WB/DC with all the shakeups have admitted there's a problem.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:33 PM   #14778
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
Well, I think Batman and Robin is still the worse DC film followed by Catwoman. So there's still room for the current DCEU to fall . . .
They're so bad they're good to me. I own both of those on BD. Steel, on the other hand, I'd put in the bad-bad category.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:36 PM   #14779
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Yeah, Steel looked so bad that I avoided watching that movie and I don't plan on wasting any time on watching it in the future. Tell me, are there references to Superman in that movie? Does Superman play a part in Steel's origin?
Old 05-25-2016, 11:34 PM   #14780
KilowogsDisciple
Green Lantern

Quote:
Yeah, Steel looked so bad that I avoided watching that movie and I don't plan on wasting any time on watching it in the future. Tell me, are there references to Superman in that movie? Does Superman play a part in Steel's origin?
I didn't even try with that one, either. It's a damn shame, I really like the character Steel.
KilowogsDisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:48 PM   #14781
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

If anyone knows the DC characters, it's Geoff Johns. So him now running DC Films is nothing but amazing news to me! This new DCEU is still so young so just because Snyder started things very dark, doesn't mean the universe can't shift towards the light.

Chris Terrio already said that Justice League Part One was going to be lighter, comparing BVS to the Empire Strikes Back of the series, and Suicide Squad already looks to be lighter in tone so Johns saying we wants to bring hope into this universe shouldn't be surprising. And not to mention Johns just did it in the comics with DC Rebirth so it only seems right he does it with the movies too.

He's also writing the Batman movie so he and Affleck must get along and have similar visions so with them both being producers on Justice League makes me very happy. But what I really liked about that report was the quote "Warners still wants to remain a filmmaker-driven studio" which I think is great and something I don't think marvel does. Zack Snyder, David Ayer, Patty Jenkins, James Wan, and Ben Affleck all are very stylistic directors so I'm happy to heard WB won't hinder and try and take control of them. I think Johns is just there to make sure the story and characters are being done right, while leaving the movie making magic to their directors.

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Last edited by CeltiC5-27; 05-25-2016 at 11:54 PM.
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:52 PM   #14782
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
A lot of people said the same thing about MOS, and we all know what happened with that, heh.

Keep in mind I did enjoy MOS, I'm just pointing that out.
Bit of a different situation now though, the overall audience reaction to MOS was positive after all.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:56 PM   #14783
KilowogsDisciple
Green Lantern

It wouldn't surprise me if the Green Lantern Corps movie ends up good, since Johns seemed to really love the characters and wrote what was for me the best stories for Jordan (Rebirth to Blackest Night).

But, overall I've been steadily losing respect for him; Rebirth #1 didn't do much for me at all, and the fact that he's not going to be writing comics...wow, talk about throwing away the one thing everyone knows you excel at. I can't get behind that.

Sigh. Timm, Timm, Timm.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:21 AM   #14784
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

I'd take movie money over comic money any day.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:50 AM   #14785
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Yea, I don't get it. Johns is accepting a promotion, presumably earning more money and moving on to new and bigger challenges, all of which are things that everyone who has a job works towards, but it's causing him to lose respect for Johns.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:23 AM   #14786
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

The less you wonder why he thinks the things he thinks the better your day will be.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:22 AM   #14787
KilowogsDisciple
Green Lantern

To be completely forthright, the only thing that is really bugging me about the GLC movie is that it won't be out for another several years! I'm really hoping we'll get something great, as the GLC continue to be my favorite superheroes, even after (what was for me) the revelation of the Civil War film.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:18 PM   #14788
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
I don't recall all the details well (although I have watched it more recently than 1997). I'm 90% sure it was in it's own continuity. They may have referenced Superman as a fictional thing (especially since Shaq is a fan), but I don't recall it. For sure, it wasn't the same origin involving Supes and he doesn't use the s shield.

In the movie, Irons works for a weapons developer and pretty much comes up with the thing wholesale, but splits from the boss because he's evil. Or something like that. I guess I've suppressed a lot of it. The bad guy is Judd Nelson.

The funniest on-purpose part was when Nelson first sees Shaq in his supposed identity-hiding costume (which reveals the bottom of his face and, of course, is seven-foot tall), he just drops a sarcastic "I wonder who that is?" line that made me burst out laughing.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:22 PM   #14789
KilowogsDisciple
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I don't recall all the details well (although I have watched it more recently than 1997). I'm 90% sure it was in it's own continuity. They may have referenced Superman as a fictional thing (especially since Shaq is a fan), but I don't recall it. For sure, it wasn't the same origin involving Supes and he doesn't use the s shield.

In the movie, Irons works for a weapons developer and pretty much comes up with the thing wholesale, but splits from the boss because he's evil. Or something like that. I guess I've suppressed a lot of it. The bad guy is Judd Nelson.

The funniest on-purpose part was when Nelson first sees Shaq in his supposed identity-hiding costume (which reveals the bottom of his face and, of course, is seven-foot tall), he just drops a sarcastic "I wonder who that is?" line that made me burst out laughing.
You know, now that we've gone on about it a bit I think I will check this out. I'm a fan of the character and hell I've willingly sat through some truly awful horror movies (Human Centipede, anyone?...hopefully no one).
Old 05-26-2016, 02:39 PM   #14790
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
You know, now that we've gone on about it a bit I think I will check this out. I'm a fan of the character and hell I've willingly sat through some truly awful horror movies (Human Centipede, anyone?...hopefully no one).
Well, you've been warned. I was just giving info, not a recommendation. If you do watch it, you can pop back in and fill in the details I missed or confused. I see now (in a quick Youtube search) that Irons has a Superman tattoo in it.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:31 PM   #14791
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I can't imagine willingly sitting through Steel today.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:11 PM   #14792
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
I can't imagine willingly sitting through Steel today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
Here's a not-bad review, which summarizes the story and mocks the movie with plenty of clips. It has the benefit of only being 24-minutes long, so you can get the idea without the time committment:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

So, as I thought, he confirms the Man of Steel tat and a non-specific Oracle-type character is the only real tie-in to the comics.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:09 PM   #14793
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
I'd take movie money over comic money any day.
There's no copnarison.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:32 PM   #14794
KilowogsDisciple
Green Lantern

I love both movies and comics (comics a bit more). I'd be heartbroken to lose either.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:52 PM   #14795
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I haven't read a Green Lantern comic since that last story arc by Johns. I watch bits and pieces of the Green Lantern flick. The WonderCon trailer for the film was amazing.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:05 PM   #14796
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

VIDEO: First Footage of “Justice League” Movie Shown at Comic-Con
Old 01-12-2017, 06:06 PM   #14797
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Deadline: Warner Bros Sets David Goyer, Justin Rhodes For Green Lantern Corps

Last edited by Hypo; 01-12-2017 at 06:09 PM.
Hypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:36 PM   #14798
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

David Goyer?
Old 01-12-2017, 11:03 PM   #14799
Space Cop
The Dandy

Not great.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:45 PM   #14800
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Well, good news for Hal and John fans are the article states the GL film will feature those two characters.

Tags
movie