Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Movies & TV
FLASHCHAT

Movies and TV

Old 12-23-2014, 07:43 PM   #3976
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Entourage Trailer Official - Adrian Grenier, Jeremy Piven

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:39 AM   #3977
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
It's fine with me and I am a 60s Trek fan. And, no, I'm not going to blow you.
you couldnt afford me

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #3978
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

sry, Sony's still lame: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=27815069

Quote:
Sony to Distribute 'The Interview' Online Through YouTube and Google Play

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 05:57 PM   #3979
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
the ending was leaked online. now if only we can do that to the real kim jung un ill be happy

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:01 PM   #3980
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

:sigh: this is one of those films i dont want made because i feel its one of those cases where its a taboo

Liev Schreiber To Play Chris Benoit In Crossface Movie

Liev Schreiber is set to portray former WWE World Champion Chris Benoit in Crossface, a re-telling of the tragic double-murder suicide that rocked the wrestling world in the summer of 2007.
The circumstances surrounding that devastating weekend where Benoit killed his wife and young son, before committing suicide in his home, caused a media sensation that the sports entertainment industry had never before, or has seen, since.
MoviePilot.com say Schreiber will portray Benoit in the film that will cover the Canadian grappler’s early career days, right up to that horrific weekend.
The controversial ‘biographical thriller’ does not have the backing of World Wrestling Entertainment, Chris Benoit’s employer at the time, but former Weinstein Company staffer Sarah Coulter’s script does reportedly include several WWE stars, including the late Eddie Guerrero (Benoit’s good friend who died less than a year before the fatal incident from heart failure), Triple H and even Vince McMahon.
Actors will almost certainly portray these roles. Coulter previously said about the structure of the movie;
“Chris had a remarkable career. You take a look at his time in Japan and with Stu Hart, and you realize that you’d need more than one movie to tell the entire Chris Benoit story. Ultimately, it’s about the 2007 murders/suicide, so we had to pick and choose the right moments in Chris’ career that may have been factors in his downfall.“
Crossface is setup at SRG Films who have bought the rights to Matthew Randazzo’s book “Ring of Hell: The Story of Chris Benoit and the Fall of the Pro Wrestling Industry”, one of the countless number of books about the pressures the wrestling superstar faced throughout his career and tells how it was that a quiet family man, who was 100% dedicated to their safety and his ability to be the absolute best in the squared circle, one weekend murdered his wife and young son before hanging himself.
Randazoo’s book suggests severe depression caused by head trauma and steroid/drug-use that damaged his brain and had turned him psychotic.

Schreiber looks to be astute casting for the immensely difficult to cast part of Benoit. When you remember the impression he left from Scream 2 and other movies, he ability to portray a seemingly nice guy on the outside who has inner darkness and trauma is second to none… and he even looks like Benoit!
It’s a highly controversial role in a highly controversial movie, but the producers have sure jumped over a massive hurdle here in getting this project to the filming stage by hiring such a great talent.

source

http://whatculture.com/film/liev-sch...face-movie.php

Old 12-24-2014, 07:46 PM   #3981
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

So its ok to make movies about other murderers but because you like wrestling it's now taboo?
Old 12-24-2014, 08:25 PM   #3982
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
So its ok to make movies about other murderers but because you like wrestling it's now taboo?
i actually fell out of wrestling believe it or not. now when you say other murders can you be more specific?

Old 12-24-2014, 08:33 PM   #3983
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

You fell out of wrestling in the last 10 days?

and there's plenty of movies about murderers.

http://whatculture.com/film/10-films...al-killers.php
Old 12-24-2014, 08:57 PM   #3984
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
You fell out of wrestling in the last 10 days?

and there's plenty of movies about murderers.

http://whatculture.com/film/10-films...al-killers.php
yea i did. i realized it isnt going to give me what im looking for as far as entertainment go's. in the end it just boils down to why watch when i know ill be disappointed? as for the link you posted i never really got into the whole movie thing about real life serial killers. i mean yea make believe serial killer films i can handle but i have this weird thing about real life serial killers getting a film.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:09 PM   #3985
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

this guy aint dead from an overdose yet? im not a james bond fan and wile alba is a good actor i find him over rated but this comment is just as retarded as trigg palin

RUSH LIMBAUGH SAYS IDRIS ELBA SHOULDN’T PLAY JAMES BOND BECAUSE HE’S BLACK

Here’s what Rush had to say:

“James Bond is a total concept put together by Ian Fleming. He was white and Scottish. Period. That is who James Bond is, was,…But now [they are] suggesting that the next James Bond should be Idris Elba, a black Britain, rather than a white from Scotland. But that’s not who James Bond is and I know it’s racist to probably point this out.”

source

http://www.epictimes.com/2014/12/rus...use-hes-black/

Old 12-24-2014, 09:44 PM   #3986
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

O.oh i likey i take it its about the first 9 and the start of the club wich would be in the 1960's

Kurt Sutter Announces Plans For ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Movie Starring Charlie Hunnam, Brad Pitt

Kurt Sutter, creator of the hit FX drama Sons of Anarchy, has announced plans to turn the popular television series into a major motion picture.

Sutter, who was also a writer, producer, and director on the series, said in an interview with Hollywood Today magazine that he has long contemplated taking S.O.A. to the big screen following its run on television. “People absolutely loved the show, as did I, and I have put a lot of thought into the matter, and we are going forward with turning it into a feature film” Sutter said.

Sons of Anarchy ran for seven seasons on FX, from 2008-2014, and in the process built a huge following. Sutter said the film will star Charlie Hunnam, who played the lead character Jax Teller, as well as Ryan Hurst who played Opie Winston, and Katey Sagal as Gemma Teller. The film, which is a prequel to the storyline of Sons will also introduce fans to Jax’s father, John, who will be played by Brad Pitt.

“I am most excited about bringing Brad (Pitt) on as John Teller, he is absolutely perfect for the role. The movie will take place from the day Jax was born, and leads up to the era just before Sons Of Anarchy began as a series.”

Sutter also said that he is really happy to bring Ryan Hurst back as Opie Winston, and hopes fans will forgive him for killing Opie off. “Man I tell ya, when we killed Opie off, it was like the thing turned real. I’ve never gone public with this, but I’ve had people get really crazy when they see me in public,” said Sutter. “They shout at me, and they get angry - ‘You shouldn’t have killed Ope! I hope you rot in Hell!,’ that sort of thing. I had people try to run me off the road when they recognized me, although that just might be because I’m kind of a dangerous driver. Anyway, my hope is that this film will help them cope.”

Sutter says pre-production on film will begin in the middle of 2015, and will begin shooting sometime in the fall. “For a movie of this scope, with this much storyline attached, you should expect to see the film by the end of 2016,” said Sutter. “In the mean time, buy all the official Sons of Anarchy merchandise you can. Every dollar goes to helping get this movie completed. Brad Pitt isn’t cheap, you know.”

source

http://empirenews.net/kurt-sutter-an...nam-brad-pitt/

Old 12-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #3987
IonFan
Forum Member

Idris Elba Responds To James Bond Casting Rumors

believe it or not i'm ok with this, he's a great actor and would bring it as James Bond BUT (and that's a big but) they'll have to finally explain what JB is, is it just a title that you take over when the old JB dies their/there/they're by your old life ends and you become JB OR.......................... is JB a timelord and this time his regeneration cycle turned him into a black man (next will be a women )

that's all i'm asking for

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:49 PM   #3988
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

i got into a discussion a week ago with the success of bible themed films do you think a genre based on mythology can sell as a film? like celtic roman mythology? i think back to the very old clash of the titans film wich is amazing and i wonder why we dont see any more films like those

Old 12-29-2014, 05:59 PM   #3989
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
i got into a discussion a week ago with the success of bible themed films do you think a genre based on mythology can sell as a film? like celtic roman mythology? i think back to the very old clash of the titans film wich is amazing and i wonder why we dont see any more films like those

There's usually at least one or two Greek mythological films per year, doesn't seem like any more or less than any Bible films put out. Celtic mythology, while interesting, is more obscure and probably wouldn't attract the audience that Greek mythology would. Everyone knows Greek mythology, and there are usually facets incorporated into films focused on Greece even when the plot isn't strictly about mythology.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:00 PM   #3990
Space Cop
The Dandy

It could work. Think of the success of Thor. There have been a few other tries, like Hercules and Immortals. But I think it could still happen.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:01 PM   #3991
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
There's usually at least one or two Greek mythological films per year, doesn't seem like any more or less than any Bible films put out. Celtic mythology, while interesting, is more obscure and probably wouldn't attract the audience that Greek mythology would. Everyone knows Greek mythology, and there are usually facets incorporated into films focused on Greece even when the plot isn't strictly about mythology.
i just think now is the time for a new genre because how many movies can hollywood really remake and how many biblical films can they make that arent accurate. i was hyped for gods and kings but my one aunt told me it was inacurate and hollywoodized. believe me she would know

Old 12-29-2014, 06:04 PM   #3992
Space Cop
The Dandy

Personally, I loved Celtic mythology, but I wonder how it would work. Most of their creation myths and such are pretty fragmentary. It would probably be best to do a Cuchallain movie if anything.

Last edited by Space Cop; 12-29-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Space Cop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:05 PM   #3993
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
It could work. Think of the success of Thor. There have been a few other tries, like Hercules and Immortals. But I think it could still happen.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but keep in mind that Thor, at least the Marvel version, has been around since the 60's, not to mention the overt influence of Norse mythology on Tolkein's work. That's the better part of a century to acclimate the general public with Norse mythological elements and aesthetic. Greek mythology has been popular for as long as I care to remember. Celtic mythology just isn't as popular, so it probably wouldn't be the next big blockbuster right away. Like I said, I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but it just wouldn't go over big with American audiences who still look forward to Greek and Norse mythological stories, at least not right away.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:06 PM   #3994
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
i just think now is the time for a new genre because how many movies can hollywood really remake and how many biblical films can they make that arent accurate. i was hyped for gods and kings but my one aunt told me it was inacurate and hollywoodized. believe me she would know

You clearly underestimate the laziness of Hollywood executives and the variety of myths from which to draw on before having to find a new well.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:07 PM   #3995
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Personally, I loved Celtic mythology, but I wonder how it would work. Most of their creation myths and such are pretty fragmentary. It would probably be best to do a Cuchalain movie if anything.
i was doing some research on a name a pro wrestler was using and from what i read it sounds pretty bad ass

Balor, King of giant demonic race of Fomorians, is a one-eyed figure in Irish myth often compared to the Cyclops. Some mythologists interpret him as an earlier sun-god overthrown by the new god Lugh, his grandson and hero in the story. Dún Baloir, home of the one-eyed giant, is on Tory Island, a barren and windswept place off the coast of Donegal. His eye kills anything and anyone who gets in his line of vision. In fact, this poisonous eye is what was supposed to have laid waste to Tory Island in the first place, as well as the craggy mountains on the coast of Donegal. Lugh slays him by slinging a stone that hits its target so hard that it takes the toxic eye right out through the back of Balor's head, where it falls among the Fomorians and wreaks havoc among them.

In one legend, Balor's eye burns a crater into the ground when it falls. After awhile, the hole fills with water and becomes Loch na Suil (Lake of the Eye) in County Sligo.

As a child, Balor was observing his father's druids brew up their poisonous spells and some fumes got into his eye, which absorbed the evils. He kept the eye shut except when in battle. On those occasions, it was pried open by four men using a contraption like a handle attached to his eyelid, or something like a rope and pulley.

Druidic prophecy foretold that Balor would be killed by his grandson. To escape that fate, he locked his daughter in a crystal tower where no one could get at her. Cian, one of Tuatha Dé Danann, found a way into the tower with the help of the druidess Birog and impregnated Ethlinn with triplets. Balor threw all three of his grandchildren into the sea but Birog rescued one, Lugh, and gave him as a fosterling to the sea-god Manannan mac Lir.

Lugh grew up to become a warrior with the Tuatha Dé Danann, leading them into the second Battle of Magh Tuiredh where Balor inevitably met his fate.

Some folklorists see this story as a descendant of some older myths that date back to the same roots that branched into other versions of this tale, such as Gilgamesh, Osiris, Balder, Danae, or Kronos, in which a fertile woman symbolizing the earth is shut away by an old man who is the old year, made pregnant anyway, and the child then kills the old man. It could be the old god deposed, or the old year or winter giving way to the new season.

source

http://www.ancientworlds.net/aw/Article/1198646

Old 12-29-2014, 06:07 PM   #3996
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Personally, I loved Celtic mythology, but I wonder how it would work. Most of their creation myths and such are pretty fragmentary. It would probably be best to do a Cuchalain movie if anything.

You'd probably want to move away from a creation myth and more towards a heroic tale or legend.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #3997
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

There's actually an Ancient Egyptian mythology movie called Gods of Egypt coming out in 2016 starring Geoffrey Rush, Jaime Lannister, Chadwick Boseman and Gerard Butler that I am super-duper excited for.

Egyptian Mythology is my favorite.

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:04 PM   #3998
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
Egyptian Mythology is my favorite.
Incest and castration FTW!
Old 12-29-2014, 11:37 PM   #3999
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
Geoffrey Rush, Jaime Lannister, Chadwick Boseman and Gerard Butler

One of these things is not like the others.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:53 PM   #4000
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Quote:
Incest and castration FTW!
The Egyptian's mythology isn't perfect, but their gods are pretty kewl. Anubis and Horus for example.

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote