The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 03-02-2020, 08:41 PM   #3851
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

FF7 Remake demo is now available on PS Store.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:50 PM   #3852
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Well, the new title update for Division 2 went live earlier today, and as a result changed the game in too many ways to copy-pasta here.

My builds are like most, pretty much junked now. I'm going to have to spend the next few days clearing out inventory and scrapping much of what I have and had saved up. I can't get the expansion right away, just isn't possible. Beyond that, the next several weeks will be my time to build a new loadout for each character that doesn't instantly end me.

Oh joy.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:50 AM   #3853
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So I did get super lucky and grabbed a few vendor pieces yesterday and today that had damn nice rolls on them, even though getting the new expansion down the road will render those purchases rather meaningless (but hey, at least it looks nice and for now it's reliable).

I've scrapped my loadouts and slapped together a tolerable DPS-focused build for my main character, but who knows what hoops I'll have to jump through to get a proper build. Didn't have time to scroll through my entire stash but I did sell most of my gear mods and a number of weapons, since they had become laughably useless (a bunch of the mods were changed to completely unfamiliar new talents, so I don't even know how to begin using them, let alone if they were any good).

Div 2 aside, Destiny 2 tonight saw me slightly progress the Broadsword quest, insofar as getting some awful unskilled pistol kills in Crucible counts as progress. Need ~30 solar kills and ~45 arc kills before the next stage.

I also downloaded the mobile game Johnny Trigger. It's got absurdly high ratings and looks like dumb fun, so I'm going to give it a chance.
Old 03-06-2020, 11:08 PM   #3854
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So I've been looking for a mobile game or two so that I can eat up spare time while on vacation later this year, and downloaded Johnny Trigger. Side-scrolling auto-action where you just tap the screen to time your shots and kill enemies.

There are a load of costumes to unlock, and I think I might have unlocked all the "classic" ones (Casual Wolverine, Grifter, Fidel Castro, Star-Lord, Joker, Daft Punk, Walter White, Arnold, Rambo, Lara Croft, Nathan Drake, etc), but I know I saw videos with guys like Ghost Rider and the character select pages have different categories, so I have some unlocking to figure out.

On top of that, loads of guns and each with bonus skin(s). You can also upgrade your base so it looks like a half-decent apartment.

I should probably slow down my playing so that I don't burn out and have nothing to do on vacation.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:29 PM   #3855
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

Got fed up with CoD:MW's spawning issues and deleted the game in one of the calmest rage quite moments I've ever experienced. Been playing For Honor more lately, anyway, so it's no biggie.

Decided to download Gundam Battle Operations 2, since I have a friend who has been playing it a lot lately. I played it a bit a year or so ago before it was released Stateside (I have a Japanese PSN account, since some games aren't released everywhere) and it was okay, but I had no friends to play with and the combat was subpar compared to Gundam Versus (which is why GV costs money and GBO2 doesn't), so I stopped. It's got decent customization, though, and the gameplay isn't actually bad, so it should more than suffice my shooter edge for a while.

Since I beat DMC5, I decided to download God of War to finally play it. Still haven't started it yet, but spring break is next week, so I'll probably push through some of it then, if not all of it, depending on how invested I get. For as long as it took me to beat DMC5, I can finish some games (like Spider-Man) in less than a week while earning the platinum if I hit a stride with it. So yeah.

After that I'm planning to finally get to Horizon Zero Dawn.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:31 PM   #3856
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Downloaded 1945 Air Forces to my phone as an extra distraction, and though I'm barely into it, I find it a fun and different take on the overhead flying shooter genre (terrestrial forces instead of space battles).
Old 03-10-2020, 02:03 AM   #3857
buffalorock
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

I play phone games randomly from time to time, mainly depending on the license. Simpsons, DC Legends, South Park are the main ones but I haven't played any of them in years. My brother got me playing the GI Joe game and it isn't too bad. They fixed some things making it easier for pure free players like me so I'm actually enjoying it. You make a base and have several different units of varying type you use to attack other players and play a campaign. You can play as both Cobra and GI Joe so it can keep you busy.
buffalorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:09 AM   #3858
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalorock View Post
...My brother got me playing the GI Joe game and it isn't too bad. They fixed some things making it easier for pure free players like me so I'm actually enjoying it. You make a base and have several different units of varying type you use to attack other players and play a campaign. You can play as both Cobra and GI Joe so it can keep you busy.
What's it called? Is it on XBox One?
Old 03-10-2020, 07:36 PM   #3859
buffalorock
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

GI Joe: War on Cobra. Its on Google Play store and probably the Apple store.

Last edited by buffalorock; 03-15-2020 at 04:57 PM.
buffalorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:53 AM   #3860
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I decided to invest some time and effort again into Hardcore, and went from level 18 to level 21. Only had a couple close calls, but aside from that I've been doing surprisingly well (better gear helps a ton in any permadeath mode).

Only real issue at the moment is not having the +20 rounds magazine for my assault rifle in a certain caliber, but I suspect I'll get that in time (and if not I'll have to make use of a different caliber).
Old 03-19-2020, 12:42 AM   #3861
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Batman: Return to Arkham (Asylum/City remasters for PS4/X1) is only $5 on PS Store right now, deal ends 3/31.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:25 AM   #3862
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

Decided to download Red Dead Redemption II. I've been thinking about giving it another go (I played the first two missions or so when it came out), so figured putting it on my system would help.

Still mostly been playing For Honor, which has had a pretty fun Prince of Persia event going on the past week or so. It's basically just the Dominion game mode, with two control points on the sides of the map and a battle point in the middle, but periodically the Prince will show up with the Sands of Time and fight both teams. Ddfeating him granted massive points to the team who does so, and thus the game goes by a bit quicker than normal Dominion matches. On top of that, there's a special weapon set for each hero to be had, and a tertiary pass to gain loot from. Pretty entertaining, all things considered.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:52 PM   #3863
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrylakks View Post
Decided to download Red Dead Redemption II. I've been thinking about giving it another go (I played the first two missions or so when it came out), so figured putting it on my system would help...
I liked the first RDR, but I never actually beat the story mode. I stopped somewhere and every time I go back I canít figure out what Iím supposed to be doing. There must be a way. Iíll need to devote some time to it after getting 100% in Hitman Season 2 and after spending the money on the MK 11 DLC.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:54 PM   #3864
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Before dinner, I started downloading Return to Arkham onto my PS4, and started playing Asylum all over again right after dishes were done.

God, what a blast.

I played for ~3 straight hours last night, probably would have gotten slightly farther but I kept remembering all sorts of Riddler clues. I did, however, manage to get to the first boss...which is when I finally realized what I had been doing wrong during the early mini-boss fight against the mutated Titan Thug. (You're supposed to quick-throw a batarang at him while he charges so he blinds himself by holding up his arm and runs into a wall, getting stunned. I kept dodging until he died from plot necessity and felt foolish later).

Right now slowly working my way to the second boss, got a little distance to go yet. After beating it I'll go through on hard and do some of the challenges but the combat isn't as fast and polished as in Arkham City, so I can't possibly get the platinum for this game (not without severe difficulty, anyway).

Once I'm done with Asylum, I'll probably pop in City for a couple goes and then I'll either try and complete my PS3 copy of Origins or actually finish Knight.

Assuming I don't buy Doom Eternal, which looks fucking amazing.

On that note, GameStop has probably permanently lost me as a customer. The executives' decision to refuse to close to deal with the pandemic, thereby endangering everyone solely for the sake of a cash-grab, is beyond unacceptable to me (pick any YouTube video, but ACG is one I recommend), and as much as I like the Game Informer magazine I cannot support what GameStop is doing. I'm going to miss some old faces I used to know and I hope they're well, but the company is so far gone that it cannot be tolerated.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:32 AM   #3865
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Unlike PS5, XSX will fully support X1 games
Old 03-21-2020, 05:49 AM   #3866
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

Backwards compatibility is overrated. No one buys a next generation console to play current gen games.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:24 PM   #3867
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrylakks View Post
Backwards compatibility is overrated. No one buys a next generation console to play current gen games.
No, but I currently use every plug in both power strips at the TV/stereo set-up in my den (which is the only one that really works for video games). That means if I go next gen and it's not backwards compatible, I have to sacrifice something.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:16 AM   #3868
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

PA Governor Tom Wolfe suspends GameStop's business license amid coronavirus pandemic

Finally some good news.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:14 PM   #3869
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Serves them right. To think they were "essential" is arrogance at its most moronic. I feel bad for the employees, though, because I'm sure they'll all just be fired now, rather than laid off.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:50 PM   #3870
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

That article isn't entirely accurate, enforcement doesn't begin until this week apparently and GameStop has already said they're switching to curbside pickup only.

I'm seeing a lot of indications they will ultimately file for Chapter 11, though. Heard one guy say he knows someone who works at their corporate offices, who insists not to preorder anymore and immediately use gift cards. I don't know how true that actually is, but it sure as hell doesn't fill me with confidence, especially since I'm also hearing they laid off a bunch of their magazine staff (I will miss Game Informer, good articles, great covers, funny April issue, some decent staff members and solid responses to readers' letters and the monthly fan art).
Old 03-22-2020, 08:55 PM   #3871
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

This situation certainly won't help their floundering business, that's for sure. Looking at it from the outside, I'd say it's a lot like Blockbuster, but I was kinda on the inside of that one as it began (on the management team of a local store), so I might be reading too much into the similarities I see.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:45 PM   #3872
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Beat Asylum on normal, grabbed all collectibles and a few trophies, and am almost to the second boss on hard while grabbing as many collectibles as possible (helps to have a fresh memory). Not having as much trouble as I expected, mostly the sometimes-wonky physical movements cause me to miss a punch and take one or get caught in enemy vision, but other than that I'm doing very well.

And of course this makes me wish an Arkhamverse Deathstroke solo game existed, or at least a short DLC campaign where he completes various takedowns or some such existed. Supposedly he's unlockable in Arkham Knight but I haven't played that in ages and didn't get very far so I don't want to spoil myself just yet.

edit -- took a few tries but I managed to beat the second boss on hard (oddly, the sewer maze portion before that was somehow less frustrating and overall easier for me, probably because I had just done it), but I'm stopping there because the final boss is next and I can do that after work tomorrow.

Last edited by Agent Purple; 03-23-2020 at 01:59 AM.
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:51 PM   #3873
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Old 03-28-2020, 08:35 AM   #3874
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

A remastered version of Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy was released on PS4 this week, and a friend of mine was kind enough to buy it for me. It was one of my earliest online gaming obsessions back in the day, setting the stage for what would eventually become a full blown CoD addiction. Playing it again is full of nostalgia, but the way they set up the controls to be like a modern shooter actually makes it fun to play again. Unfortunately, every time I tried to get into an online game, the connection would time out. I wonder if there's even anyone playing online. Regardless, it's fun to play it again.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:53 PM   #3875
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Seriously!? Damn, I loved that game on Xbox when it came out. Gonna have to load up my PS wallet with funds for all the shit I need to get, including that.