X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Whittle says GLC movie talks have been had, may play Baz

Well that's a little concerning...

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/green...hittle-a166980

Jesus Christ. I think I would die of a stroke if they used Simon Baz instead of Hal Jordan and John Stewart.

Comment

Ugh. Who is it that they think wants a movie about Baz? (Though if the only evidence for that is the one quote they gave, I'm not that worried. He didn't sound like he was saying Baz was in the movie, but rather saying that Baz was a Green Lantern character he'd like to play.)
      Mister Ed
      Horse of a Different Color
      Last edited by Mister Ed; 03-06-2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

The guy looks nothing like John. They would have HAD to be thinking of casting him as Baz.

My only hope is that there may end up being a cameo on Oa where we see Baz in a group of training GLs or with Guy and Kyle in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
          The guy looks nothing like John. They would have HAD to be thinking of casting him as Baz.
          Plus, how would he even know who Baz is unless, A) WB are the ones that mentioned about Baz to him, or B) He's a big Green Lantern fan? And B is somewhat unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
            The guy looks nothing like John...
            Jason Momoa looks nothing like Aquaman.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
              Plus, how would he even know who Baz is unless, A) WB are the ones that mentioned about Baz to him, or B) He's a big Green Lantern fan? And B is somewhat unlikely.
              Or c), he knew there was a GL movie he might get a part in and did a bit of research? I kind of assume actors that have an interest in being cast in a film about a certain property are inclined to look into it and see what characters in that property they might be best fit for.
              Mister Ed
              Last edited by Mister Ed; 03-06-2019, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                Or c), he knew there was a GL movie he might get a part in and did a bit of research? I kind of assume actors that have an interest in being cast in a film about a certain property are inclined to look into it and see what characters in that property they might be best fit for.
                But he said WB talked to him about the movie (as opposed to, you know, the hundred articles about "So-and-so WANTS to be John Stewart in the GLC movie"). It's unlikely they talked to him without telling him what part he was up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                  But he said WB talked to him about the movie (as opposed to, you know, the hundred articles about "So-and-so WANTS to be John Stewart in the GLC movie"). It's unlikely they talked to him without telling him what part he was up for.
                  So you think they told him he was up for TWO parts? Is that usual? (I honestly don't know. I sort of figured when it came to main roles, they brought you in for a specific one, but I confess ignorance to the ways of Hollywood.)

I dunno. I'm just going by the way his actual quote sounded, which didn't (to me) sound like he was addressing an actual role that was offered, but merely talking about his interest in being part of "that universe", then mentioning a couple possible parts of that (with a "maybe" thrown in, to boot).

The character Green Lantern needs to be reborn. Even Ryan Reynolds came up with that when he killed himself in the Deadpool credits, which was hilarious. I'd love to be a part of that universe, whether it be John Stewart or Simon Baz, maybe. They are both characters I would be honored to play.
                  It almost sounds like maybe he was brought in for John Stewart, then researched the GL universe, and added the "Simon Baz, maybe" on his own. Or maybe this is me stretching the limits of my optimism about a GLC film to assume that they wouldn't try to shoehorn Baz into a film that is intended to redeem the property, unless it was in a very minor role.
                  Mister Ed
                  Last edited by Mister Ed; 03-06-2019, 11:17 PM.

Comment

He didn't say he talked to WB, he said he's had conversations but doesn't specify who those conversations were with. For all we know he asked his agent to try and get him the role and that's the "conversation". Plus the comments are from last year, god knows what's changed since then.

Until it's confirmed by a reputable source I ain't worrying.

Comment

ohfortheloveof

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

This just seems like another actor putting out feelers to see if something comes of it. That being said, I could see this guy as a young John. I give him points for knowing Baz, but I doubt that the movies will lead off with Baz.
                        Big Blue Lantern
                        Corps Honor Guard
                        Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 05-06-2019, 03:55 AM.
                        Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                          This just seems like another actor putting out feelers to see if something comes of it. That being said, could see this guy as a young John. I give him points for knowing Baz, but I doubt that the movies will lead off with Baz.
                          I can believe it will be Baz if Johns is in charge and/or writing the script. Ofcourse he'll shill his own creations.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                            This just seems like another actor putting out feelers to see if something comes of it.
                            ding ding ding.

Comment

Working...
                            X