• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Nights: Death Metal #1 *Preview/Spoilers*

Dark Nights: Death Metal #1 Preview
    Writer: Scott Snyder
    Artist: Greg Capullo

This was a ridiculous comic full of ridiculous things. I'm not quite sure I liked it.

Comment

I was going to ask you how you read it already, but forgot about the Tuesday release thing.
      Is there any GL in it? I'm only getting it if there's a GL appearance.

Comment

Hal pops up in a couple of flashback panels but this first issue is a very Wonder Woman heavy issue. Batman did use a Black Lantern ring though, if that's GL adjacent enough for it to scratch your itch. Based off how this read, I kind of assume the entire Justice League will be back together by the climax of the series.

Overall it wasn't a bad read but it kind of feels like a retread to me. Between the original Metal and Batman: Last Knight on Earth we've already seen Snyder explore these story beats.
        Hypo
        Lil' Leaguer
        Last edited by Hypo; 06-16-2020, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Good to know. I've been trying to get every appearance of a GL since Flashpoint (and really before that); so, this will qualify.

I believe I've only missed the Earth 2 weekly (which I keep intending to get in trade) and the kids book that has Jessica in it (which I feel comfortable skipping because it's not a standard comic or in the DCU continuity).

Comment

I liked this for, if nothing else, Batman's use of the Black Lantern ring.
            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Working...
            X