The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 09-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #76
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

I used to dream about an anime style Batman. Gotham Knight was almost perfect. I hope Emerald Knights is that good to me.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:19 PM   #77
lanternut
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via MSN to lanternut

What segment of Gotham Knight was your favorite West? I think for me, there was really only one style that I really dug, the rest where meh...
Old 09-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #78
fightoned
Manhunter Repairman

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
This would hold people over until the live action movie is out on dvd though.
OK, I can live with that thought process!
fightoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:51 PM   #79
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanternut View Post
What segment of Gotham Knight was your favorite West? I think for me, there was really only one style that I really dug, the rest where meh...
Hmm, probably Crossfire which was written by Greg Rucka, where Batman intervenes between two gangs. Or Walking Through Pain where Bruce learns to deal with pain. But I enjoy them all. Least of which the Killer Croc one.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:03 AM   #80
Greenlantern2814
Guy's Drinking Buddy

I'm excited for the GL: Emerald Knights, but I wish that if they were going to use that title, they should do a movie of that story line from the comics. That is my favorite storyline anyway.
Greenlantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #81
W.West

Green Lantern: The Animated Series at NYCC!!!

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9

* 2:30–3:30 p.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series Presentation/Q&A — Saturday will be NYCC’s “brightest day” as Warner Bros. Animation proudly unveils this new series coming soon to Cartoon Network and based upon characters from DC Comics. Join series executive producer Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series), producer Giancarlo Volpe (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and producer/story editor Jim Krieg (Ben 10: Alien Swarm) as these creative forces reveal their plans for one of the most highly anticipated new animated series. Room 1A14

* 3:45–4:45 p.m. Young Justice Video Presentation and Q&A — Join the league! Fans were given their first glimpse of Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Artemis this past July at Comic-Con International: San Diego. But this panel will offer far more than just a glimpse, as producers Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles) answer questions from fans and show footage from this highly anticipated series. A one-hour special event of Young Justice will premiere in November 2010 on Cartoon Network, and the series begins in 2011. Young Justice is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and is based upon characters from DC Comics. Room 1A14

* 4:00–5:00 p.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series Signing at the DC Comics Booth #2243
Old 09-29-2010, 08:16 PM   #82
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Sigh. Well I knew it would happen, but it is still a bit depressing to see it in type. Curse Cartoon Network! Siphoning off decent kids cartoon shows to leave broadcast TV a wasteland of card-game-based anime shows. I'm still firm in my decision not to pay for cable or satellite TV, but every time a show I'd LIKE to watch first run comes along on a cable-only network, well I have to sigh a little wistfully.

At least there is a good chance my library will get it on DVD eventually. That's how I watched Justice League, and how I get my fix of Mythbusters. But it is a bummer to have to wait.

If only I had a faster connection, I could probably watch on-line. Cartoon Network does that for some shows, right?
Old 09-29-2010, 08:52 PM   #83
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Sigh. Well I knew it would happen, but it is still a bit depressing to see it in type. Curse Cartoon Network! Siphoning off decent kids cartoon shows to leave broadcast TV a wasteland of card-game-based anime shows. I'm still firm in my decision not to pay for cable or satellite TV, but every time a show I'd LIKE to watch first run comes along on a cable-only network, well I have to sigh a little wistfully.

At least there is a good chance my library will get it on DVD eventually. That's how I watched Justice League, and how I get my fix of Mythbusters. But it is a bummer to have to wait.

If only I had a faster connection, I could probably watch on-line. Cartoon Network does that for some shows, right?
Netflix has a steady stream of shows which you can watch online, or even with a Xbox360/PS3. They're starting to obtain stronger partnerships with companies so they can release episodes days after they come out initially.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #84
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
Netflix has a steady stream of shows which you can watch online, or even with a Xbox360/PS3. They're starting to obtain stronger partnerships with companies so they can release episodes days after they come out initially.
In my experience, Netflix is best watched through the Wii
Old 09-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #85
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

Unless you want HD content.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #86
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn

Does streaming actually do HD though?
Old 09-29-2010, 10:40 PM   #87
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
I have no Xbox or PS3 or Wii, or any gaming system, and I ain't getting one any time soon, certainly not just to watch shows.

And my connection is too slow to watch streaming shows, in my experience. Plus, don't you have to pay for Netflix? I have no use for Netflix for movies or even seasons of TV series, as I can get those free from the library, so I doubt I'd be willing to pay just so I could try to watch streaming shows through my slow network connection.

Yeah, I'm cheap, I admit it, but at this point there is very little to justify my spending money on TV content, since most either doesn't interest me or is available free in some way. So yeah, technically my cheapness is to blame for my inability to watch this show, but that won't keep me from lamenting the loss of the days when quality, kid-friendly animated fare actually existed on broadcast TV.

These days, I only find three types of animation on my TV, educational (which is often really fun for what it is, my family loves Martha Speaks on PBS), more adult fare (like Family Guy, which CAN be funny, but often is not to my taste, and I am CERTAINLY not watching with the kids), or lousy card-game-inspired anime shows (which I haven't the slightest interest in, and don't want to subject my kids to, either).
Old 09-29-2010, 11:51 PM   #88
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I have no Xbox or PS3 or Wii, or any gaming system, and I ain't getting one any time soon, certainly not just to watch shows.

And my connection is too slow to watch streaming shows, in my experience. Plus, don't you have to pay for Netflix? I have no use for Netflix for movies or even seasons of TV series, as I can get those free from the library, so I doubt I'd be willing to pay just so I could try to watch streaming shows through my slow network connection.

Yeah, I'm cheap, I admit it, but at this point there is very little to justify my spending money on TV content, since most either doesn't interest me or is available free in some way. So yeah, technically my cheapness is to blame for my inability to watch this show, but that won't keep me from lamenting the loss of the days when quality, kid-friendly animated fare actually existed on broadcast TV.

These days, I only find three types of animation on my TV, educational (which is often really fun for what it is, my family loves Martha Speaks on PBS), more adult fare (like Family Guy, which CAN be funny, but often is not to my taste, and I am CERTAINLY not watching with the kids), or lousy card-game-inspired anime shows (which I haven't the slightest interest in, and don't want to subject my kids to, either).
you get what you pay for. Most of the good programs are on cable/premium channels.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:53 PM   #89
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
you get what you pay for. Most of the good programs are on cable/premium channels.
Unfortunately, most of the crappy programs are too (Ghost Hunters, I'm looking at you)
Old 09-30-2010, 02:50 AM   #90
TorchBearer2814
Corps Honor Guard

yea i read that before. i cant wait ill be there on Saturday!!
Old 09-30-2010, 04:57 AM   #91
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

It's a shame I won't be able to make it.
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #92
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Robert Englund Joins Voice Cast of GREEN LANTERN Animated Series

The Nightmare of Elm Street veteran has revealed via Twitter he has already begun his work voicing a villain in the new Green Lantern cartoon series.
robertenglund.jpg

He spent decades frightening people of all ages as Freddy Krueger in the Nightmare on Elm Street film franchise. Now, actor Robert Englund will be instilling fear as a villainous character in the new cartoon Green Lantern: The Animated Series. Englund released the following statement via Twitter this afternoon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Englund
Just finished voicing a villain for the new GREEN LANTERN series. Worked with my buddy, Spiderman Josh Keaton.
Read the rest at The Daily BLAM!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:01 PM   #93
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Sweet!!! He was great voicing Vulture on SSM
Old 09-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #94
W.West

Better news is that Josh Keaton is on it!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #95
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

In the GL Toon?
Old 09-30-2010, 08:45 PM   #96
W.West

It would seem so!!

Quote:
Just finished voicing a villain for the new GREEN LANTERN series. Worked with my buddy, Spiderman Josh Keaton
Old 09-30-2010, 08:45 PM   #97
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Thats fucking great. I wonder who he will be. I'd laugh if they got most of the cast from SSM to do this.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:23 PM   #98
W.West

I think he'll be Hal.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:50 PM   #99
Light of OA
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

"Robert Englund will be instilling fear"? Hmmmm.....
Old 10-01-2010, 01:11 AM   #100
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Robert Englund's Villainous Role in GREEN LANTERN: THE ANIMATED SERIES Revealed

EXCLUSIVE: The Nightmare of Elm Street veteran has filled me in on the character he lends his voice to in the new Green Lantern cartoon series; and it's not who you may think it is.

He spent decades frightening people of all ages as Freddy Krueger in the Nightmare on Elm Street film franchise. Now, actor Robert Englund will be instilling fear as a villainous character in the new cartoon Green Lantern: The Animated Series. Englund released the following statement via Twitter this afternoon:
"Just finished voicing a villain for the new GREEN LANTERN series. Worked with my buddy, Spiderman Josh Keaton."

Englund isn't a stranger comic book character voice work; he portrayed Adrian Toomes/the Vulture in The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series which aired on the CW network in 2008. Josh Keaton has voiced Harry Osborn but is more known for lending his voice to the web-head himself in The Spectacular Spider-Man.

Read the rest at The Daily BLAM!