• Who's tired of Wolverine

Just curious. I won't be voting.
    I am.
    50.00%
    I am not.
    41.67%
    I don't care
    8.33%

How could you? He's the best X-Man out there.
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Not so much in the comics as I am only reading about 3 of the books he is currently in. I am however very tired of the X-men movies making him the big/main focus all the time. With the exception of First Class that is. At this point I call the first three X-men movies Wolverine and the X-men or Wolverine and his Amazing Mutants. Just once I'd like to see an X-men film where Wolverine is not in it AT ALL. Not a cameo. Not even a mention of his name.
      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
        I am however very tired of the X-men movies making him the big/main focus all the time. With the exception of First Class that is. At this point I call the first three X-men movies Wolverine and the X-men or Wolverine and his Amazing Mutants. Just once I'd like to see an X-men film where Wolverine is not in it AT ALL. Not a cameo. Not even a mention of his name.
        I highly disagree. Wolverine is easily the most popular X-Men character or at least he is with the general public and casual viewers. Leaving Wolverine out of an X-Men film would be ludicrous and to be honest, I'd highly miss him. X-Men I think had him in an acceptable amount of time, and quite a bit of the focus was also on Rogue. Okay, so he was still the main character but he was the X-man most people knew the most and it was important that the first X-men film ever used popular characters and such. X-Men 2 granted did slightly overuse him, seeing they basically did a weapon X storyline but at the time it didn't really look likely that there's be prequels and spin-off movies and Wolverine was the most popular character again at the time and the producers thought a film showing us more of Wolverine's origins would be good. And hell, X2 among most fans is the most popular film of the series so I think the right choice was certainly made. X-Men 3 however was a mixed bag. It wasn't bad, wasn't that good. I don't think Wolverine was overused at all, and the story wasn't even based around him, he was just one of the principal characters although I admit the ending was a bit Wolverine and the X-Men, but it was because most of the former X-Men had left and there was six left who needed a leader. There was a lot of Storm in that movie too plus Pheonix was also used a lot. Shame about Cyclops though....X-Men Origins was a Wolverine movie and it's meant to be nothing else. It was a logical step to take really. Wolverine was still the main X-man with the most interesting history and people wanted more, so that's what they got. X-Men First Class, now you can't say Wolverine was in that too much, he just had a cameo. The cameo was great really, funny and it was just too perfect an opportunity to miss out on. Plus it probably helped reassure some fans who missed Wolverine in the film and also confirmed for some casual viewers that it was not a reboot. The Wolverine yet again is a Wolverine movie and is meant to be nothing else, plus to me at least it felt like a hell of a long time since we last saw Wolverine and the fans really wanted this film. As a result is my personal favourite X-Men related film and many other peoples too plus confirmed for some unpleased with Origins that there could be such thing as a good solo Wolverine film. DOFP looks like it could be based around Wolverine yet again, but in the story in the comicbook also centres around a lot of Wolverine plus it looks like the film will also have a lot of screen time with Magneto and Professor X along with hints that Kitty Pryde will also play an important role. But if you still think there's too much Wolverine then don't worry. X-Men Apocalypse has been hinted that it will be "more of a First Class sequel" by the makers so that may be a less Wolverine centric story for you. Plus before long they've gotta just make a Deadpool film surely which may feature Wolverine but will most likely be based more around Deadpool, X-Force has been hinted and for all we know there may be no Wolverine in that. But just to keep us Wolvie fans happy, they're doing another Wolverine in 2017.

So in conclusion, no there's not too much Wolverine in the films.
        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

I've always been able to separate my feelings for a character from how publishers are handling the character at the moment. For instance, Hal Jordan is one of my favorite characters. I might not like what Green Lantern is doing as a whole but he's still a fav. Deadpool is another perfect example. Wolverine is an interesting character, who Marvel continues to shove down the collective throats of all Marvel readers. So I'm tired of that, but not the character.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
            How could you? He's the best X-Man out there.
            not hardly, and ESPECIALLY not now; the mans lost so much of his edge its not even funny........

Not so much in the comics as I am only reading about 3 of the books he is currently in. I am however very tired of the X-men movies making him the big/main focus all the time. With the exception of First Class that is. At this point I call the first three X-men movies Wolverine and the X-men or Wolverine and his Amazing Mutants. Just once I'd like to see an X-men film where Wolverine is not in it AT ALL. Not a cameo. Not even a mention of his name.
            ^ THAT.

Hail Hydra!

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Yo.

I highly disagree. Wolverine is easily the most popular X-Men character or at least he is with the general public and casual viewers. Leaving Wolverine out of an X-Men film would be ludicrous and to be honest, I'd highly miss him. X-Men I think had him in an acceptable amount of time, and quite a bit of the focus was also on Rogue. Okay, so he was still the main character but he was the X-man most people knew the most and it was important that the first X-men film ever used popular characters and such. X-Men 2 granted did slightly overuse him, seeing they basically did a weapon X storyline but at the time it didn't really look likely that there's be prequels and spin-off movies and Wolverine was the most popular character again at the time and the producers thought a film showing us more of Wolverine's origins would be good. And hell, X2 among most fans is the most popular film of the series so I think the right choice was certainly made. X-Men 3 however was a mixed bag. It wasn't bad, wasn't that good. I don't think Wolverine was overused at all, and the story wasn't even based around him, he was just one of the principal characters although I admit the ending was a bit Wolverine and the X-Men, but it was because most of the former X-Men had left and there was six left who needed a leader. There was a lot of Storm in that movie too plus Pheonix was also used a lot. Shame about Cyclops though....X-Men Origins was a Wolverine movie and it's meant to be nothing else. It was a logical step to take really. Wolverine was still the main X-man with the most interesting history and people wanted more, so that's what they got. X-Men First Class, now you can't say Wolverine was in that too much, he just had a cameo. The cameo was great really, funny and it was just too perfect an opportunity to miss out on. Plus it probably helped reassure some fans who missed Wolverine in the film and also confirmed for some casual viewers that it was not a reboot. The Wolverine yet again is a Wolverine movie and is meant to be nothing else, plus to me at least it felt like a hell of a long time since we last saw Wolverine and the fans really wanted this film. As a result is my personal favourite X-Men related film and many other peoples too plus confirmed for some unpleased with Origins that there could be such thing as a good solo Wolverine film. DOFP looks like it could be based around Wolverine yet again, but in the story in the comicbook also centres around a lot of Wolverine plus it looks like the film will also have a lot of screen time with Magneto and Professor X along with hints that Kitty Pryde will also play an important role. But if you still think there's too much Wolverine then don't worry. X-Men Apocalypse has been hinted that it will be "more of a First Class sequel" by the makers so that may be a less Wolverine centric story for you. Plus before long they've gotta just make a Deadpool film surely which may feature Wolverine but will most likely be based more around Deadpool, X-Force has been hinted and for all we know there may be no Wolverine in that. But just to keep us Wolvie fans happy, they're doing another Wolverine in 2017.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

He's cute when he tries isn't he?
                I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Paragraphs, Deadpool. PARAGRAPHS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                    not hardly, and ESPECIALLY not now; the mans lost so much of his edge its not even funny........
                    Disagreed. Maybe among some of the comicbooks geeks then probably not but among regular people then he certainly is, and those are the people that Fox makes most their revenue from. Go up to a random person in the street and ask them to name a X-Man, chances are Wolverine (with Professor X, magneto or Cyclops probably coming in second place but that's not my point) will be their answer. And he's my favourite.

He's cute when he tries isn't he?
                    I'm just adorable.
                    Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                    Paragraphs, Deadpool. PARAGRAPHS.
                    Bbbut, they weren't needed. Were they? I have a rectangular screen on my laptop......

Comment

That's pretty much how I feel about the cinematic version of Wolverine. Even more so after watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier, where I feel Cap has surpassed Wolvie as Marvel's #1 hand-to-hand combat badass. Seriously, movie Cap would beat down movie Wolvie.

I highly disagree. Wolverine is easily the most popular X-Men character or at least he is with the general public and casual viewers. Leaving Wolverine out of an X-Men film would be ludicrous and to be honest, I'd highly miss him. ...

I highly disagree.

The X-Men cinematic universe has been built around Wolverine and is the focus of all the films, except First Class.

Yo.

Sup! and Word! That's why I made the comment of Cap being more badass that Wolverine.

Hail Hydra!
                      Hail Hydra!
                      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Bbbut, they weren't needed. Were they? I have a rectangular screen on my laptop......
                        If you want people to actually read what you write, then they are needed.

Comment

I can't say I'm too exposed to him since I haven't read a new X comic in years. He's a main feature in the previous films, but I lived them, even the two about him.

Comment

I'm tired of Batman too, and it's a very similar tiredness.

Comment

He's the best there is at what he does and what he does is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X