Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 09-30-2020, 05:36 PM   #726
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Honestly at first i thought it was ok but then trump got very child like throwing a tantrum. This didnt feel like a debate at all
Then we agree. To be honest, nobody involved in that debate covered themselves in glory, but Trump seemed especially chaotic to me.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:44 PM   #727
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Then we agree. To be honest, nobody involved in that debate covered themselves in glory, but Trump seemed especially chaotic to me.
Both were chaotic. One thing about me is im very in the middle because we all still have to live amongst eachother tomorrow. I actually feel sorry for biden because he dosent seem healthy mentally. Its just crazy to see the democrat party has no other alternative canidate

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-30-2020 at 05:46 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:29 PM   #728
Mister Ed

Quote:
Both were chaotic. One thing about me is im very in the middle because we all still have to live amongst eachother tomorrow. I actually feel sorry for biden because he dosent seem healthy mentally. Its just crazy to see the democrat party has no other alternative canidate
Trump interrupted more than three times the amount Biden did, so most of the chaos was coming from him (though Biden certainly DID interrupt several times, so he was a part of the problem as well).

I'm not sure where you get the "unhealthy mentally" idea, other than from Trump talking points and childish put downs. He certainly didn't seem so during the debate. Frankly, Trump's obvious narcissism seems like a more serious mental issue than anything Biden has displayed, especially in a leader.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:40 PM   #729
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Trump interrupted more than three times the amount Biden did, so most of the chaos was coming from him (though Biden certainly DID interrupt several times, so he was a part of the problem as well).

I'm not sure where you get the "unhealthy mentally" idea, other than from Trump talking points and childish put downs. He certainly didn't seem so during the debate. Frankly, Trump's obvious narcissism seems like a more serious mental issue than anything Biden has displayed, especially in a leader.
Im refering to his overall health even before the debate. Im not a doctor or trying to diagnose him or be funny but he reminds me of someone with dementia. Theres also talk of not having 2 more presidential debates. Im not sure how that benefits anyone but thats the current rumor

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home
Old 10-01-2020, 02:02 PM   #730
Mister Ed

Quote:
Im refering to his overall health even before the debate. Im not a doctor or trying to diagnose him or be funny but he reminds me of someone with dementia. Theres also talk of not having 2 more presidential debates. Im not sure how that benefits anyone but thats the current rumor
Well, I feel like, if they can't come up with a solution to make the debates less dysfunctional, then having more doesn't seem a whole lot more beneficial than not having more. Of course, if they do go that route, Trump will just paint it as "the fakenews media" trying to shut him down, while Biden will lean into blaming Trump for it, so it won't exactly do anything to improve the tone of the campaign.

About the only thing I think would work to make them stick to the debate format would be to put the candidates in separate rooms (so they can't be picked up by each other's mics and don't have to listen to the other's attempted interruptions) and turn off the mic of whoever isn't supposed to be speaking at the moment. But I doubt the candidates would agree to that (I'm certain Trump wouldn't).
Old 10-01-2020, 02:05 PM   #731
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Well, I feel like, if they can't come up with a solution to make the debates less dysfunctional, then having more doesn't seem a whole lot more beneficial than not having more. Of course, if they do go that route, Trump will just paint it as "the fakenews media" trying to shut him down, while Biden will lean into blaming Trump for it, so it won't exactly do anything to improve the tone of the campaign.

About the only thing I think would work to make them stick to the debate format would be to put the candidates in separate rooms (so they can't be picked up by each other's mics and don't have to listen to the other's attempted interruptions) and turn off the mic of whoever isn't supposed to be speaking at the moment. But I doubt the candidates would agree to that (I'm certain Trump wouldn't).
Or just have them box eachother in a ring. Winner becomes president. Itll be bigger than tyson vs jones lol

Old 10-01-2020, 02:17 PM   #732
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
...About the only thing I think would work to make them stick to the debate format would be to put the candidates in separate rooms (so they can't be picked up by each other's mics and don't have to listen to the other's attempted interruptions) and turn off the mic of whoever isn't supposed to be speaking at the moment. But I doubt the candidates would agree to that (I'm certain Trump wouldn't).
Apparently, the debate commission is promising changes and that's a proposed one.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:51 PM   #733
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

From Biden's perspective, he should refuse to debate Trump again. He's ahead in the polls, and on Tuesday night Trump blew his chance to catch up. Biden should stop debating while he's ahead, and before he has a senior moment on live television.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 03:08 PM   #734
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
From Biden's perspective, he should refuse to debate Trump again. He's ahead in the polls, and on Tuesday night Trump blew his chance to catch up. Biden should stop debating while he's ahead, and before he has a senior moment on live television.
Eh imo anyone who refuses to debate regardless of party should be disqualified because debating and talking is the job. Politics is ugly for anyone involved. Also when i state a opinion its my own it dosent involve anyone from my party nor should what i say reflect on them. I wanted to just put that out there because i hate lumping everyone as one

Last edited by TazzMission; 10-01-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:10 PM   #735
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
They are proposing cutting the mics, but in my opinion that won't help much unless they are physically separated, because if they are on the same stage any interruptions will still be picked up, to some degree, by the other person's mic (and even if they aren't, the other participant will still be able to hear them, there on the same stage, which could well lead to responding, on mic, to stuff that the audience can't hear very well, or at the very least to them being distracted from what they are trying to say by the interruptions coming from across the stage).
Old 10-01-2020, 03:13 PM   #736
Mister Ed

Quote:
Eh imo anyone who refuses to debate regardless of party should be disqualified because debating and talking is the job. Politics is ugly for anyone involved. Also when i state a opinion its my own it dosent involve anyone from my party nor should what i say reflect on them. I wanted to just put that out there because i hate lumping everyone as one
So if Trump should refuse to debate under any restrictions applied by the debate commission to try to avoid the chaos of the last debate, then you would say he should be disqualified? Because his campaign is definitely already pushing back against any proposed restrictions, while Biden's has already agreed to abide by whatever they decide on.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:18 PM   #737
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
So if Trump should refuse to debate under any restrictions applied by the debate commission to try to avoid the chaos of the last debate, then you would say he should be disqualified? Because his campaign is definitely already pushing back against any proposed restrictions, while Biden's has already agreed to abide by whatever they decide on.
Im not against restrictions im just arguing anyone who refuses period when pelosi says biden Should not debate trump. Imo do a digital remote debate if people are concerned about interuptions or state covid laws. I also think in terms of voting do online voting that way its in the cloud system if people are worried about lost ballots and health. Everything is online now

Last edited by TazzMission; 10-01-2020 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:29 PM   #738
Mister Ed

Quote:
Im not against restrictions im just arguing anyone who refuses period when pelosi says biden Should not debate trump. Imo do a digital remote debate if people are concerned about interuptions or state covid laws. I also think in terms of voting do online voting that way its in the cloud system if people are worried about lost ballots and health. Everything is online now
Once again, I find myself agreeing with you (well, maybe not about online voting, I'd need quite a bit more in the way of assurances before I'd think they were ready for that). This is very refreshing. Thanks for your honest discussion.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:31 PM   #739
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Once again, I find myself agreeing with you (well, maybe not about online voting, I'd need quite a bit more in the way of assurances before I'd think they were ready for that). This is very refreshing. Thanks for your honest discussion.
Yep. Not every republican is a bible thumping gun toting racist homophobe who just wants to fight like the media portrays. Believe me i said a lot of shit about republicans before switching parties. Some family members of mine basically turned there back on me just for politics. My family is mostly democratic theres like 2 other republicans besides me so its us 3 being bashed.

Last edited by TazzMission; 10-01-2020 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:48 PM   #740
Space Cop
The Dandy

Well, I wouldn't agree that they have to debate again. 1st, they already have. 2nd, their responsibility is to make their platform known to voters. If one or both felt that another debate didn't help communicate that, then let them take the chance. It would all come down to perception. Is backlash of a botched debate worse than the backlash of canceling?
Old 10-01-2020, 05:11 PM   #741
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Well, I wouldn't agree that they have to debate again. 1st, they already have. 2nd, their responsibility is to make their platform known to voters. If one or both felt that another debate didn't help communicate that, then let them take the chance. It would all come down to perception. Is backlash of a botched debate worse than the backlash of canceling?
Well, I think that how the backlash effects them will depend on whether the decision is shared or unilateral. If one of them wants another debate and the other doesn't, then the backlash will be worse for one than the other, depending on what actually happens.

If one wants a debate and the other objects, I'd think the backlash against the objector would be worse if the debate doesn't happen, since the one willing to debate will tend to look more reasonable and open to discussion (no matter what they might have done in an actual debate). Whereas if there is another botched debate, it might be easier for either side to try to spin it as the other side's fault, and thus try to manage the backlash.

If they do have another debate, and it devolves as this one did, I think Biden will be well served to simply adopt a look of weary patience if Trump runs roughshod over the debate format, rather than be provoked into name calling or attempting to shout back.

And if Trump actually manages to behave reasonably, and actually answer questions when asked (and stay quiet when not being addressed), I think that might actually do a lot to sway any voters that are not sold on Biden, but find Trump's usual behavior embarrassing for a President. (I don't know how large that group is right now, but there must be some, right?)
Old 10-01-2020, 05:23 PM   #742
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Biden should say he'll debate Trump again only if they'll put a dog muzzle on Trump while Biden is talking. That would be the end of it.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:50 PM   #743
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

They both should smoke some weed and debate. Im curious to see how they are stoned

Old 10-01-2020, 06:18 PM   #744
Mister Ed

Quote:
They both should smoke some weed and debate. Im curious to see how they are stoned
Sounds like the makings of a pretty funny SNL skit (do they still have those? I stopped watching SNL years ago because they had very few funny skits left).
Old 10-01-2020, 07:19 PM   #745
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Sounds like the makings of a pretty funny SNL skit (do they still have those? I stopped watching SNL years ago because they had very few funny skits left).
I never got into snl. Todays comics who go on there dont interest me

Old 10-01-2020, 07:23 PM   #746
Mister Ed

Quote:
I never got into snl. Todays comics who go on there dont interest me
Wow, we agree again! We better watch out or people are going to start thinking we are the same person.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:03 PM   #747
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Wow, we agree again! We better watch out or people are going to start thinking we are the same person.
The only comics i follow are Bill burr who i just discovered today lisa lampineli and jeff ross. Ah your refering to the guy from nc who pays 200 a week for sex with a woman who's had more traffic through her than I-95

Last edited by TazzMission; 10-01-2020 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:47 AM   #748
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

In serious news the president and first lady tested possitive for covid. They both tweeted. No word yet about biden and wallace

Old 10-02-2020, 11:00 AM   #749
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

This headline...

https://news.avclub.com/former-reali...-19-1845248943
Old 10-02-2020, 01:39 PM   #750
Mister Ed

Quote:
In serious news the president and first lady tested possitive for covid. They both tweeted. No word yet about biden and wallace
I'm not seriously advancing this idea, because I'm skeptical of conspiracy theories as a general rule, but it occurred to me that if Trump was disinclined to participate in further debates, this would be a convenient excuse, and would have the added bonus of showing how tough he is (and/or demonstrating that COVID isn't that big a threat) if he has no visible effects despite being in a high risk group.