No announcement yet.

Green Lanterns #23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I guess I should give a chance to those issues after all this time, if only because Jade.

Comment

Did you ever read the issues of GL where Kyle interacted with Arsenal? I *think* one was just before Winick's run and a filler issue, but all of those single issue stories were great for what they were. Anyway... that made me a fan of Arsenal ugly costumes and all. His Outsiders suit was a little 90's, but it worked. And his opening developments... DAMN.

~//V\\~

Comment

Originally posted by -//V\\- View Post
        So while Kyle is training Baz he creates a few dozen constructs of himself in his various suits. Ion 1.0 with his arm around Ion 2.0, White Lantern Kyle, his more Corps standard uniform after becoming Parallax, his Jim Lee suit...
        Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        I liked that bit. I bet IonFan would dig it if he were reading the books.
        well that ain't happening anytime soon BUT if someone wants to post a pic of this i'd be ok with that

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I would if I could, but my scanner is not great and I don't see a pic online. Leaf through it the next time you're in your LCS. You'll find the page fast. It's fun, but I'm not claiming that it's worth $3 just for that or anything.

Comment

~//V\\~

Comment

Also, when *Rami* talks of the Travel Lantern in GL's #23... is he talking about the white personal power battery from Brightest Day?

And now that I think about it... did Kyle have one when he made himself a WL? Or did his ring magically not need recharging? I might tape six or seven batteries together to make a single power source... but those batteries would still be limited to the power in them.

There was so much fail with White Lantern Kyle.... I can't believe Space Jesus wasn't even the worst!

~//V\\~

Comment

Travel Lantern. Just say that out loud. What's next, Expedia Lantern?

Comment

~//V\\~
                  < link here

Awwwww the good old days

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                    Travel Lantern. Just say that out loud. What's next, Expedia Lantern?
                    This is what's making me tired of the continuous attempts to make new Lanterns. It's just [insert color or gimmick] Lanterns are taking away precious time from the ones we actually wanna read about... the Green Lanterns.

As if the ROYGBIV Corps wasn't enough, now we've got the First Lantern, the First Army, Phantom Lantern, White Lanterns, Omega Lantern, and even Harley Quinn had a half Red half Black ring!

It's just out of control at this point.

~//V\\~

Comment

Also, when *Rami* talks of the Travel Lantern in GL's #23... is he talking about the white personal power battery from Brightest Day?

And now that I think about it... did Kyle have one when he made himself a WL? Or did his ring magically not need recharging? I might tape six or seven batteries together to make a single power source... but those batteries would still be limited to the power in them.

There was so much fail with White Lantern Kyle.... I can't believe Space Jesus wasn't even the worst!

~//V\\~
                      The Travel Lantern is the ORIGINAL Lantern from where the entire Lantern theme derives. It is a device that Volthoom (the First Lantern) (and I think his mom) created on their Earth to go to other universes. Volthoom used the Travel Lantern to travel to a bunch of different universes. During his travels, he eventually met the Guardians.
                      Star-Lantern
                      Weaponer of Qward
                      Last edited by Star-Lantern; 06-01-2017, 02:03 PM.
                      ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

...and even Harley Quinn had a half Red half Black ring!...
                        Yeah, but that whole series is a metafictional satire (they even have a version of Deadpool--called Red Tool--in those comics). I highly doubt you'll hear about that ring (which she lost within the issue) in any of the GL comics. It was pretty much a goof on the very fact of there being so many colored rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
                          The Travel Lantern is the ORIGINAL Lantern from where the entire Lantern theme derives. It is a device that Volthoom (the First Lantern) (and I think his mom) created on their Earth to go to other universes. Volthoom used the Travel Lantern to travel to a bunch of different universes. During his travels, he eventually met the Guardians.
                          THAT sounds SO awful!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                            THAT sounds SO awful!!!
                            It was from one of the few issues of this series that I actually thoroughly read start to finish (most of the others I knew wouldn't interest me from testing them out and skimming them). I think it's issue #19 or something. It is the best issue of the series I've seen, in my opinion. An interesting point is that Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz aren't even in it.

That said, the Travel Lantern concept certainly isn't a favorite of mine, and neither is the First Lantern. I'm actually somewhat disappointed that his history is what is currently canon, and not just some weird alternate possibility that didn't really happen, or was prevented from happening. Meaning that the great cosmic hand Krona saw was his, he appears to the Guardians after they see that, he's essentially the origin of all this Lantern and Power Ring business, and so on.

I just don't think First Lantern is a strong enough character or concept or that "Wrath of the First Lantern" is a strong enough story to where this character should occupy such a critical place in the mythos, that was just fine before hand. The origin of the Guardians, Qward, Krona, and Anti-Monitor is one of my favorite aspects of Green Lantern, and now this character that I actually don't want to see again is a canonical crucial part of all of that, and so is the Emotional Spectrum. Kind of a bummer :/
                            I think these newer additions don't really help that origin story at all. I also didn't like Geoff Johns turning the Anti-Monitor into a scientist named Mobius who's involved with the Anti-Life Equation (see Darkseid War).
                            Star-Lantern
                            Weaponer of Qward
                            Last edited by Star-Lantern; 06-03-2017, 10:21 PM.
                            ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

That's true about the Anti-Monitor, that wasn't right. But give props to Jessica for handling hers, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X