• Green Lanterns #17 *Preview/Discussion*

Green Lanterns #17 Preview

Green Lanterns 17 by Sam Humphries and Eduardo Pansica

33.33%
    0.00%
    66.67%
    0.00%
    0.00%

A story with a Batman villain wearing a colored lantern ring...how refreshing.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
      A story with a Batman villain wearing a colored lantern ring...how refreshing.
      But he managed to upload it to a computer and spread fear through a video. See. It is different.

So Baz is the only GL Bats can work with? He seemed to work fine with John and Kyle for years. And he managed to work with Hal and Guy as well despite their differences. Just another attempt to make Baz seem special and force us to accept him.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
        ...So Baz is the only GL Bats can work with? He seemed to work fine with John and Kyle for years. And he managed to work with Hal and Guy as well despite their differences. Just another attempt to make Baz seem special and force us to accept him.
        Yeah, that dialogue seemed forced. It would've been better if he just said he can work with him and mention how he's different. He really has worked fine with GLs and he seemed to move past his prejudices against Hal.

Comment

It reminds me of how forced it felt when they were trying to get Kyle over in the 90s. "You WILL surpass him" Ugh. So hamfisted.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
            It reminds me of how forced it felt when they were trying to get Kyle over in the 90s. "You WILL surpass him" Ugh. So hamfisted.
            You would have figured that DC would have learned their lesson by now.

Comment

Is it just me, or has Baz been a lot goofier than his initial self back during Third Army era? Or maybe it's the art from this past two issues made him look like a raging teenager.

And yeah... I'm pretty sure Batman had worked with other lanterns before, I can see him preferring John Stewart over others since John is a serious personality, but Baz? No wonder they omitted John in this conversation, there's nothing false Batman can really say about John.

Kyle is still dead to most people so I can see why Batman didn't mention him outright.
              :Gray Lantern the True Neutral:

Cyberium of Sector 614, you foresee great HOPE in our future.

Comment

I can't believe I'm saying this but..... Jessica's growing on me

Comment

Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                  I can't believe I'm saying this but..... Jessica's growing on me
                  She seems to be gaining traction with a significant portion of teen readers. One other comic MBs, I see her name come up quite often when younger DC fans talk about interesting new characters.
                  Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                    She seems to be gaining traction with a significant portion of teen readers. One other comic MBs, I see her name come up quite often when younger DC fans talk about interesting new characters.
                    So Simon Baz as the Apology Lantern to appeal to young blacks, Muslims, non-American readers, and apologetic Democrats didn't work out as planned? With Jade (Jennifer-Lynn Hayden-Scott) gone we have to have a sexy female Green Lantern to bring the adolescent boys back to GL?

Comment

Working...
                    X