Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On page 2 it says they were deathless and too sophisticated for mortal form, that could be taken as they were functionally immortal or already bodyless. Either way, I now think it's their spiritual presence that is the real cause of the Antimoniter's trapping in the Black Battery.

They could have come together to form something like Legion, only more demonic.

Comment

Originally posted by -Ysmault- View Post
      No, they aren't.
      1- The only thing said it's they were massacred in sector 666. When they are in mortal form, they can be killed, and they occupy a sector. That's all.
      2- In the prophecy (the "new") it's said that: -the Empire of Tears, finally released from "entombment"(...)-
      You cannot "entomb" a flesh & bone being, and even less expect that they will be released!.

P.S. Sticky this thread!
      Entombment can be poetic licence. Technically you can entomb a living person ... buried alive anyone? But I'm leaning towards poetic licence.

Quill is viciously killed by Atrocious. You can see his blood spill and Atrocious says he'll use his innards to release the power of the red. Spirits don't have innards; flesh and blood creatures have innards.

Secret Origins says the Inversions (Quill and Atrocious included) were the survivors of sector 666 - as in still alive.

Of course you might be right ... they could be demons with a physical form like Etrigan. But even that conflicts with the "disembodied" idea as presented in Tygers.

Comment

Man how wild would this story make as an animated feature? With that quirky, creepy artwork? This story is so powerful it still holds up to today's standards! Coloring is a little weak (as it usually was back in the day), but otherwise, is a fantastic story I am glad Geoff built on.
        Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

I like how between Johns and Morrison they bring back a lot of the obscure comic history. Between the Batman RIP story line and the dozens of Green Lantern stuff, it really makes these comics more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
            Yo.

I agree; this thread should be stickied.

due to D_A's posting of the original story, now atleast we dont have to recount it each time for every other person that asks about it........simply point them here.

btw- nice job there D_A.

Tazer

You mean I did something right for once Yay Me !!

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Yo.

lulz

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
                Man how wild would this story make as an animated feature? With that quirky, creepy artwork? This story is so powerful it still holds up to today's standards! Coloring is a little weak (as it usually was back in the day), but otherwise, is a fantastic story I am glad Geoff built on.
                U mean RE-built on, dontcha??

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Qull didn´t told Abin sur about the rise of the other Corps. He was probably covering for Atrocitus. If he did see into the future like he claimed to do, he would know about the War of Light.

Besides "the corps shall be destroyed down to the last life form"? In the 31 century there´s still two Green Lanterns alive.
                  Orion Pax
                  Iolande's Bodyguard
                  Last edited by Orion Pax; 08-20-2008, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Well Pax the 7 other corps wasn't a part of the original story as seen above. They were added by Geoff, Blackest Night as we will see it is a modified prophecy from those original pages. Changed by Geoff to suit the story he wants to tell. But as this was the basis for BN as we will see it I thought it importiant to post it so we see the roots of what Geoff is going to give us.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Originally posted by Limelantern View Post
                      Well, Quill did say that he has lied some to Abin. So the prophecy cannot be taken word for word. Also, Ranx failed at killing Mogo, the Weaponers are not in any shape at killing anyone right now, and Quill said it will happen after untold millenia. But then again he did know about Hal so Quill can see the future and can interperit it fairly well.

What interests me now is the first couple pages mentioned the demons of the empire were not dead but disembodied and physically powerless. And their essences haunt the world now. Plus their necromatic powers were mentioned. So this could bring up another enemy that could have trapped the Antimoniter other than Nekron. It could either be the bodyless demons of the Empire of tears or something that still haunts the planet brought on by their necromatic practices. In issue 25 the voices did instantly identify the Antimoniter just as they did Abin sur here.
                      But aren't the demons of Ysmault - Atrocitus in particular - the masterminds behind the Red Lanterns? Which would mean the Black Lanterns would be led by a seperate entity?

Comment

Oh, and that was a great story. Very creepy, the ending had a kinda "Twilight Zone" feel to it, if you know what I mean. The mean-spirited sting in the tail.

Comment

I'm saying that the Five Inversions are the survivors because they are the only 5 with bodies, the others are spirits. And yes, physical creatures have innards. If I rip Etrigan in half, there's innards, but his spirit remains.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
                            But aren't the demons of Ysmault - Atrocitus in particular - the masterminds behind the Red Lanterns? Which would mean the Black Lanterns would be led by a seperate entity?
                            not that we saw: when Atro killed Qull he discovered the R-Lantern by accident as I recall.....

Tazer

Comment

Originally posted by -Ysmault- View Post
                              I'm saying that the Five Inversions are the survivors because they are the only 5 with bodies, the others are spirits. And yes, physical creatures have innards. If I rip Etrigan in half, there's innards, but his spirit remains.
                              Even that would be a retcon of the origional story wouldn't it? Origionally there were all bodiless spirits. Anyhow, you could be right ... they might be bodiless demons imprisoned on Yasmault.

.... but if there ain't, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Comment

not that we saw: when Atro killed Qull he discovered the R-Lantern by accident as I recall.....
                                He knows that killing Qull will realease teh Red Lantern...He said, your innards will give the power to break free, or something like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X