Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're a very big chase that they'll try to do there own thing, and not use somebody else's source material.
    And yes they seem to particulary blaming Johns for the film.

Comment

• Really? Can you show me any actual evidence that theyre blaming Johns? Or is it just your dislike of him as of late thats making you say this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
        I didnt say it would be a good idea, I just said I could see them doing it. If nothing else for the fact that John's first arc is telling the story from the mindset that some people getting it havent read a superhero story before.

If WB is wanting a Justice League movie to be the jumping off point for potential Flash and Wonderman movies, I dont see them passing up this story.

Oh and where are you getting the idea that they're placing blame on Johns? He didnt write it, he didnt direct it, he didnt produce it. He was a consultant.
        for once jeff i agree with you.

it's to easy to put all the blame on johns because thats all the fans do
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Grant Morrison's New World Order should be the story that brings the JLA together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iggy View Post
            Grant Morrison's New World Order should be the story that brings the JLA together.
            for an actual film?

can you give a story on how it could work?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
              If nothing else for the fact that John's first arc is telling the story from the mindset that some people getting it havent read a superhero story before.
              From the way he wrote Hal and Barry in the second issue, I'd almost think that Johns himself has never read a superhero story before.

A movie based on this book would be a disaster.

Comment

• not news but I thought this was cool to see in the android market this morning

Comment

• The best would be a "Kingdom Come" movie...easy project uh ?

Comment

• Probably wouldn't be very viewer friendly to the non-fanboys but an animated movie would be great. I'd love to see Alan's citadel animated!

Comment

• so is the gl graveyard scene only on the blu ray version?

if so how is that scene?

Comment

• Originally posted by White Gloves View Post
                        The best would be a "Kingdom Come" movie...easy project uh ?
                        It is actually kind of unfortunate (in this one case, anyway) that they usually try to have a similar style of art for the animated adaptations of actual comics. I can't picture them doing that with this story, and that might keep it from ever getting made (among other considerations, I'm sure).

On the other hand, I'm not sure how I would feel about an adaptation that DIDN'T look like the source material. That art was a big part of what made that series so memorable, IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by White Gloves View Post
                          The best would be a "Kingdom Come" movie...easy project uh ?
                          Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                          Probably wouldn't be very viewer friendly to the non-fanboys but an animated movie would be great. I'd love to see Alan's citadel animated!
                          Ugh.... NO WAY!!! Not if DC is going to once again limit the run time to 70 minutes or less! That's what ends up making these movies merely "good"... they're not allowed to achieve their full potential because DC won't give them the same run time as a feature film release!

I mean, just look at their animated adaptation of Darwyn Cooke's The New Frontier... while good, it cuts out lots of characters and subplots to shoehorn the story into a 70 minute run time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
                            Ugh.... NO WAY!!! Not if DC is going to once again limit the run time to 70 minutes or less! That's what ends up making these movies merely "good"... they're not allowed to achieve their full potential because DC won't give them the same run time as a feature film release!

I mean, just look at their animated adaptation of Darwyn Cooke's The New Frontier... while good, it cuts out lots of characters and subplots to shoehorn the story into a 70 minute run time!
                            Yeah, actually given the, apparently hard-and-fast, runtime limit, I'm happier with original stories (unless they are adapting short stories, like the Mogo short in Emerald Knights, which I quite enjoyed).

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                              so is the gl graveyard scene only on the blu ray version?

if so how is that scene?
                              It's a deleted scene and it didn't receive any effects so all you see is Strong and Reynolds in their mocap suits and pre-renders (floating blocky cartoons) of Tomar and Morro. It looks like it would've been a cool scene if they had finished it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                It's a deleted scene and it didn't receive any effects so all you see is Strong and Reynolds in their mocap suits and pre-renders (floating blocky cartoons) of Tomar and Morro. It looks like it would've been a cool scene if they had finished it.
                                I agree..it's scenes like this that ..if it were finished and put in the movie would have made it a much better viewing experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X