WonderCon 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
    There really is no process for the WonderCon. You register and pay for your badge online and that's it. Last I checked, there weren't any convoluted hoops to jump through, like the SDCC process.
    But it seems like I need a member ID to know when the tickets go one sale. And it seems like it's free.

Comment

I don't think you need a member id for wondercon. That member id thing in the corner of their site is for sdcc.

Btw signing up for a member id is free.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

I believe you need need a Member ID now for WonderCon since it's run by the same organization that runs SDCC. It's really no big deal. The reason for the Member ID is to ensure 1 person can buy like 4 passes for random people.

Don't be discouraged, it's worth the effort.
        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

I've registered for a member ID, I am so excited for this!! I might meet Jim Lee!!!!!!

Comment

Get on with your badself, Iggy.

I'm still not sure if I'll be able to attend. At first, my work schedule wasn't going allow me to go, but I got that cleared up. Now my wife would to spend that weekend elsewhere. I'll have to give into her because I'm making her go to SDCC on her birthday.
            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

^Ha haa! Put your big boy pants on, put your foot down and say, "Woman! This is where we're going and you're gonna like it!"

If the Lakers were playing during this time, I would consider going, but alas, they'll be in the midst of a 5-game road trip. *shrugs*

Comment

Nah, I pick my battles. WonderCon is not something I want to go to war for. Plus, it's Easter Weekend, so I might have other plans.

Comment

PLANE TICKETS ARE NOW PURCHASED!!! I AM HEADING TO SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!!

One of you guys have to attend!!

Comment

Congrats Iggy. I'm sure you'll enjoy the event. Hopefully WonderCon will return to San Francisco and you'll be able to attend that too. San Francisco is a great city to visit.

Comment

So I've decided to go to my first NHL game when I go to anaheim and see the Ducks play.

Comment

Nice! Are you going to Disneyland too?

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                          So I've decided to go to my first NHL game when I go to anaheim and see the Ducks play.
                          How long are you planning on staying in Anaheim? The Ducks' last home game before wondercon is on March 25 and they dont return till April 3, according to their schedule.

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

I hope Iggy didn't buy the hockey tickets off of Craigslist.

Comment

From the official WonderCon website:

"WonderCon Anaheim 2013 attendee badges will go on sale January 22, 2013. Everyone with a valid Comic-Con Member ID will be sent the sale link via the email associated with your Member ID account."

So it appears you may need a Member ID now to even purchase WC tixs.

Prices are out too ... 3-DAY BADGE - $40 advance. $50 onsite. 1-DAY BADGE - Friday/Saturday - $20 advance. $25 onsite. Sunday - $10 advance. $15 onsite.

It's 50/50 ... maybe 60/40 for me to go. I am on vacation from work that week but we'll see.

Sylent & Darth - Maybe after you see or hear of some awesome exclusive you'll find a way to go.

Comment

Does Wondercon usually sell out very early?

Comment

Working...
                                X