Whats your best issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your best issue?

Well I just won mine on e-bay today, Issue 25, I figured this was a cool thing to get today as the new #25 was one of the best comics I've read in a long time. Course its only in good condition, but i got it for $14.00 yeah me!
    So whats everyone's best issue, there prize in there collection?

I'm assuming since this is in the Volume 2 thread,it's a Volume 2 question.

My best Volume 2 is either Showcase #22 or GL #1 (GL #1 is in better condition )

Comment

HEHE yes vol 2.

Comment

Hmm, maybe #200. I really prize my reprints of "Hard Traveling Heroes"

Comment

Great fucking story man, Hard Traveling Heroes is my second favorite...(you can IMAGINE what just became number one, lol)

Comment

I'm not that big on condition but the oldest book I have is Vol 2 #23
            My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

vol 2 #5 in vf
              or #26 in nm
              picked up both at a Raleigh NC mini-con from a dealer who was selling all his silver age issues at 50% off-couldn't pass them up
              also have a couple of the Oneil/Adams issues that i treasure.

Comment

Tough call as I'd say it's a toss up between these three as they are the oldest Green Lantern issues I own outside of AMC #16:

Showcase #22 CGC 7.0
                Green Lantern #7 CGC 8.0
                Green Lantern #16 CGC 8.0

Comment

It amazes me that SC 22 is worth so much when so many of us have it (I'm not one but still)
                  My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

I've never actually put any thought into my favorite Vol. 2 issue, specifically. They all kind of lump into my mind into kind of 3 different "Eras": Early GL (campy and at times ridiculous, but you excuse it because it's just that... Early GL), 70s/Denny O'Neil GL (hit or miss, but I appreciate the attention brought to the characters rather than the grander space opera), then 80s GL (eh, hit or miss, probably more of the latter than the former). I'll have to think about it.

Comment

I not sure of the Volumes and which ones these are in but I liked Twlight, the one the Kyle fought Neon for the first time and when Kyle became Ion.

Comment

Well another good e-bay buy today, issues 22, 24, 29, so these along with 25 are my pride of the GLs i have.

Comment

Number #6 Volume 2 Singed by Gil Kane. I was new to Green Lantern when I bought it and thought that was the first appearance of Sinestro.It is the First appearance of Tomar though so that is pretty cool.
                          Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Nice, we have a mini con here next week, and hopeing to pick up some good back issues, trying to complete v3, but v2 is hard to pass up, would like to get all the 20s to make a nice run.

Comment

In my silly opinion the best way to collect volume 2 is in the Archive books. Those old Issues are so fragil and are big so you need special boards and bags for them. Plus you can read them with no guilt and spend alot less money in the long run.
                              Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Working...
                              X