Bendis at it again: GOLD LANTERN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendis at it again: GOLD LANTERN

I wondered who the GL looking guy was in the new Legion of Superheroes... he caught my eye from the start with his domino mask. It's not usually the type of mask LoSH members wear in the future. But to find out it's just another new gimmick Lantern?!?

This shit is just getting ridiculous. It's not enough he forced another female GL [but wait, she's not ACTUALLY a GL] into the DCU with his Teen Lantern essentially just combining the better traits of Kyle Rayner and Jessica Cruz together... oh no NOW he wants to make another unique [insert gimmick] Lantern.

So... let's see where we stand now. We got the different ROYGBIV Lanterns, Black Lanterns, White Lanterns, the First Lantern, the Phantom Lantern, a Teen Lantern hacker, and now the Gold Lantern. Twelve different types of Lanterns now aside from the Greens....

Don't forget the Travel Lantern!

Comment

Wasn't there a clear lantern or something? I lost interest in tracking the non GL titles that feel they can be free to add to the GL mythos.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
          Don't forget the Travel Lantern!
          The travel Lantern was the personal power battery of the First Lantern, Volthoom.

Comment

Ahh. Gotcha.

Comment

It's the 32nd Century. If it's shit, it'll be very easy to ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                Wasn't there a clear lantern or something? I lost interest in tracking the non GL titles that feel they can be free to add to the GL mythos.
                You might be thinking of the Ultra-Violet Lantern, which is quite possibly the dumbest of the bunch, which is saying a lot. He uses the "Invisible Emotional Spectrum".

Kyle Rayner was also Omega Lantern.

All this stuff reminds me of when Marvel started getting out of control creating new symbiotes like Scream, totally watering down the black costume and Venom concepts.
                Star-Lantern
                Weaponer of Qward
                Last edited by Star-Lantern; 08-24-2019, 11:37 PM.
                ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
                  You might be thinking of the Ultra-Violet Lantern, which is quite possibly the dumbest of the bunch, which is saying a lot.
                  Hopefully Snyder doesn't continue to explore the Invisible Spectrum, because if we ever see an Infrared Lantern I lose $20 to a nephew I bet with.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                    DING DING DING

Comment

Until Bendis takes over the GL books too, post Morrison.

Comment

We should be so lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
                          Hopefully Snyder doesn't continue to explore the Invisible Spectrum, because if we ever see an Infrared Lantern I lose $20 to a nephew I bet with.

Start saving your quarters...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                            And it'll probably also be wiped out of continuity by the next big crossover event!

Comment

Coming in issue #6:

Comment

Working...
                              X