Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*raises hand* could somebody help meh plz, cuz me am lost....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *raises hand* could somebody help meh plz, cuz me am lost....

Yo.

most of ya'll know I stopped reading GL right after BN, and then gave up on DC entirely after "the-Crisis-that-wasn't-a-Crisis" that was FP, but I'll admit this new "Rebirth" stuff has.....awoken....an interest in giving a shit about their heroes (notably, Supes & GL) again. however, I find myself behind the 8-ball in regards to the current status of the GLC, given their current state in H&tGLC, or rather, to be more plain spoken:

1) wat da holy fuck happened to them?!??

2) where da fuck are the Oans?

3) howcum Soranik is chillin' w/Daddy now?

that being said, I must admit its felt really guuuuuuuuuuuuuuud to be reading GL again after so long a hiatus.....

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

So complicated, but my short answers would be

(1) The GLC was transported by a still-unknown force to the universe as it died before our current one (Relic's universe). At the end of Edge of Oblivion, they make it back, but they lose a lot of GLs in the process and their ranks are severely depleted.

(2) The original GotU were retconned into having evil plans, were defeated and replaced with Templar Guardians, who had been sealed off for billions of years. They went off to sow their wild oats or something with White Lantern Kyle, but are currently MIA.

(3) When the GLC was sucked into the other universe, Sinestro somehow was able to replace his daughter's ring with a yellow one. She agreed to stay on at the time only because they were taking care of the remaining planetless Korugarians, but later seemed to get into the Sinestro Corps thing and was named the head (apparently only as a ploy) while Sinestro healed from a big battle.

Comment

Yo.

thnx for da reply, but I gotta respond to this:

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      (2) The original GotU were retconned into having evil plans, were defeated and replaced with Templar Guardians, who had been sealed off for billions of years. They went off to sow their wild oats or something with White Lantern Kyle, but are currently MIA.

did GJ write this?!??

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
        Yo.

thnx for da reply, but I gotta respond to this:

did GJ write this?!??

Tazer
        Read Rise of the Third Army and your question will be answered.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          (3) When the GLC was sucked into the other universe, Sinestro somehow was able to replace his daughter's ring with a yellow one. She agreed to stay on at the time only because they were taking care of the remaining planetless Korugarians, but later seemed to get into the Sinestro Corps thing and was named the head (apparently only as a ploy) while Sinestro healed from a big battle.
          For a smidge of clarification, Lyssa Drak foresaw the demise of the GL Corps and any GL ring wielder and warned Sinestro. Sinestro then swapped out Soranik's green ring with a yellow one by fatherly force, placed the green ring into a yellow bubble and watched it *poof* into nothingness- this happened simultaneously when the GL's were transported (by beings unknown) into Relic's universe. The whereabouts of Soranik's green ring remains unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
            For a smidge of clarification, Lyssa Drak foresaw the demise of the GL Corps...
            I forgot about the prophecy.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Chosen View Post
              Read Rise of the Third Army and your question will be answered.
              ok, I'll google the title, and read its entry....

:_(

edit: wow, GJ must really, REALLY have hated the Oans, since it seems like he's spent his entire run on the GL-franchise doing everything he could to make them the ultimate "Big Bad"...... *shakes head* :/

Tazer
              Tazer
              That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
              Last edited by Tazer; 09-13-2016, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Yep, Johns' entire run was a big buildup to paint the Guardians as the real heavies of the series. And in the end, it was Sinestro who got to be the one to execute/slaughter all but two of them.

So now in the reserves pile, we have two real Guardians and six medieval non-Guardians they pulled out of thin air when they want to use them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                  ]wow, GJ must really, REALLY have hated the Oans, since it seems like he's spent his entire run on the GL-franchise doing everything he could to make them the ultimate "Big Bad"......
                  It all started with "Hard Traveling Heroes" and has continued since then - the obvious distrust for authority. It's a hard sell for contemporary readers to buy into a hero who's constantly answering to his "masters." Writers have taken the easier way out - rather than present the Guardians as entities who might actually be wise and know shit, it's easier to present them as out of touch control freaks who are corrupt.

Comment

DING DING DING! ITS OVER! ITS OVER! WE HAVE A WINNER!

Comment

Working...
                    X