The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Events & Fan Meetups
FLASHCHAT

Old 04-02-2010, 01:24 AM   #1
Al-
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Default 2010 SDCC Panel Requests

I know it's early, but it is already sold out.

I need the following panel information:

1) the location (room number, hall, etc)
2) the date/time
3) and the name of the panel

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by Al-; 04-02-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Al- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:44 AM   #2
Thunderlips
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

good idea man. ill be there probably same room on all GL stuff so if you need any help dont be affraid to ask
Old 04-05-2010, 06:29 AM   #3
Al-

I think I'll be ok. I'm planning on bringing two camera one for video and the other for pictures. However If I do need help in any way I'll give you a holler.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:51 AM   #4
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Hey Al,
Thanks for offering to take some video of the various panels. I'm sure the big ones (Beside GL Movie) will be the Thor flick, since they'll probably be done shooting by then and perhaps Cap. America.

One of the panel I hope to attend because I missed out last year, is The Big Bang Theory, and I hope there's a Lost panel.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:45 AM   #5
projectile
Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
Hey Al,
Thanks for offering to take some video of the various panels. I'm sure the big ones (Beside GL Movie) will be the Thor flick, since they'll probably be done shooting by then and perhaps Cap. America.

One of the panel I hope to attend because I missed out last year, is The Big Bang Theory, and I hope there's a Lost panel.
My brother got a pic with the cast of Big Bang Theory at SDCC 08.Met them at a train station, probably cause aSheldon.I'll post it here.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci
projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:11 AM   #6
Al-

Quote:
Hey Al,

I will defiantly try to record the big panels, hopefully you will be able to attend The big bang theory this year. Good Luck.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:00 AM   #7
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectile View Post
My brother got a pic with the cast of Big Bang Theory at SDCC 08.Met them at a train station, probably cause aSheldon.I'll post it here.
Sweet! I love Sheldon. I was going to buy a Sheldon "Bazinga" t-shirt at WonderCon, but I wanted to see if I could find it cheaper somewhere on the interweb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al- View Post
I will defiantly try to record the big panels, hopefully you will be able to attend The big bang theory this year. Good Luck.
Thanks! I know my wife would like to attend that as well. So, do you have any tips for getting into these panels?
Old 04-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #8
Al-

My tip is to get there early. Like I said in the video I usually sit through an hour or two of panels before the panel that I want to attend is scheduled. The down side is when two panels are scheduled on right after another or if there are two panels scheduled at the same time ie mythbusters and kevin smith are usually scheduled at the same time. hopefully they don't do that this year.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #9
projectile
Sidekick

Quote:
My tip is to get there early. Like I said in the video I usually sit through an hour or two of panels before the panel that I want to attend is scheduled. The down side is when two panels are scheduled on right after another or if there are two panels scheduled at the same time ie mythbusters and kevin smith are usually scheduled at the same time. hopefully they don't do that this year.
Yeah thats what i do to, if you know if the panel is going to have a lot of people go early at least a panel or two before. Hall H is a different story though you have to be real early depending on the panel. Last year on Sat. I waited in line for Hall H at 5 am and stayed there till like I think almost to the last panel.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #10
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:

Quote:
Yeah thats what i do to, if you know if the panel is going to have a lot of people go early at least a panel or two before. Hall H is a different story though you have to be real early depending on the panel. Last year on Sat. I waited in line for Hall H at 5 am and stayed there till like I think almost to the last panel.
I see. So you guys actually sit through the prior panels before the one you actually want to attend.

So the staff doesn't clear the room? Does that include Hall H too?
Old 04-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #11
mrjasontodd
Mario C

its a long shot but do you think that one or two of us in attendance can get press credentials if we post our con reports exclusively on this site?
mrjasontodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #12
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

From what I've heard, it's pretty hard to get press credentials. They ask what site you represent and ask for proof of your work. A friend of mine that designs software and websites tried last year. As long as he's been in business, they still denied him a press pass. He even sent in an example of his work and they still denied him.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #13
projectile
Sidekick

Quote:
I see. So you guys actually sit through the prior panels before the one you actually want to attend.

So the staff doesn't clear the room? Does that include Hall H too?
Yeah, the staff does not clear the rooms including hall H you can stay there as long as you want. Hall H usually clears up in the back when the popular panels in the beginning of the day are done and they have filler during the mid afternoon. Like last year the hall H panel for "Kick-Ass" had a lot of empty seats, so we were able to move up real close. I've seen panels that I didn't even care about just to secure a seat to see one I actually cared to see. If you don't care about the panel it will bore you or you might actually like it, but its worth sitting through it to see "your" panel.

Last edited by projectile; 04-07-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #14
projectile
Sidekick

Quote:

One of the panel I hope to attend because I missed out last year, is The Big Bang Theory, .
My brother with the cast of Big Bang Theory minus Raj. SDCC 2008

and heres him with kevin smith just because....

Old 04-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #15
Al-

Nice that looks like you guys were between ballroom 20 and sails pavilion. I'm probably wrong.

edit: projectile is correct they do not clear out the rooms after panels. What we do in between panels, one or two members from our group get up to find closer seats if they do we all move up. It works however if you are in hall H it really doesn't matter where you sit, for they have huge ass screens were you can see the panels. Below is a picture of theline to get into hall H. When we mean get there early for your panel we mean EARLY!!!!

Last edited by Al-; 04-08-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Al- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:42 PM   #16
projectile
Sidekick

Quote:
Nice that looks like you guys were between ballroom 20 and sails pavilion. I'm probably wrong.

I actually don't know where he took the pic, I was not with him with at the time.

What day/time/year was this line for hall H pic taken? I'm trying to see if I can find myself lol.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:05 PM   #17
Al-

I found that picture online, but i'm pretty sure that was last years con. It was the first time they have used this type of line sytem for hall H. I think you're the one with the green shirt on
Old 04-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #18
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
My brother with the cast of Big Bang Theory minus Raj. SDCC 2008

and heres him with kevin smith just because....
That is so AWESOME! Would have love to have been in those pics instead of your brother. Kaley Cuoco is pretty hot. I remember when she was jail bait on 8 Simple Rules. I would have asked to stand next to her. I'm so jealous. That would have been my highlight of the convention, provided I didn't have photo op/banging session with Olivia Munn.

Kevin Smith is an all time favorite of mine too. Man, I'm really envious.

Last edited by Darth_Primus; 04-08-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:53 PM   #19
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I found that picture online, but i'm pretty sure that was last years con. It was the first time they have used this type of line sytem for hall H. I think you're the one with the green shirt on
That pic had to be taken from Hilton San Diego Bayfront, as it sit on the line of sight of that photo. I know Hall H was crowded. I asked Sylent a few times, what that crowd for? Exclusives? I later learned it was for Hall H.

Thanks for the tips again. I may have to sit through a few panels to ensure I get in the ones I want. I mean, I'll either be standing in line or inside Hall H. I might as well sit in Hall H.