No announcement yet.

CW's The Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, is the new Wells supposed to be Thawne AGAIN? I got that impression after the last episode before the crossover.

Comment

• Yeah, it's a bit annoying that they haven't done a whole lot with Barry's actual character since the first couple of seasons. Their way to "spice things up" at the beginning of every season seems to be just adding new characters to the cast, and then doing stuff with those characters.

That said, I haven't minded that too much because I really like the cast and it's all a lot of fun regardless.

Comment

• So do you think it is safe to assume that one of the outcomes of next year's Crisis crossover event will be that Supergirl and Flash/Green Arrow will all end up being in the same universe?

Comment

• That seems to be a pretty good bet. I was thinking that the other day, how much more sense it would make to have them all in one universe.

Comment

• If their plan is to bring all their series into the same universe, then 2 things will happen in COIE, 1st Black Lightning will appear in the event. The show has already dropped hints of various heroes from the 2 existing show universes already. 2nd As with the COIE event in the comics, after wards the individual series will start fresh, new costume designs, slightly altered histories and perhaps a larger focus on the super teams we have seen develop between the existing heroes. Also If this is the "Red Sky's" event that Barry is supposed to vanish from, and XS is from this combined universe future, which would explain her being a member of the Legion. Then she, if she's still in the show, will alter the event so Barry doesn't vanish into the speed force, or if he does she will find a way to cause him to make a duplicate who dies or who stays. I can see both possibilities happening.

This event would also lay the ground work continuity wise for Savatar to arise, as the original was a duplicate from an alternate future that Barry stopped from happening. But that duplicate needs to come into being somehow.

Darth_Andrea
            Darth_Andrea
            Owned by Natu
            Last edited by Darth_Andrea; 12-26-2018, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Did anyone else assume that dagger of Cicada's was a Qwardian one? It sure looked like it.

Comment

• Yo.

watched the S5 finale, and I got sum Q's I need to get offa my chest:

1) was it eliminating the existence of Cicada II that caused Nora to turn into electric chicklets, and if so, why did it take so long for it to affect her (and not her diary somehow?)

2) wasn't Central City from the same timeline, and if so then howcum *it* didn't change?

3) could Ramon have achieves his goal of being more "Ramon" than "Vibe" by simply not using his powers?

4) any chance we'll get Harry back next season?!?!?

Tazer
                Tazer
                That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
                Last edited by Tazer; 05-16-2019, 05:12 PM.

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• As for the first question, my answer would be don't think too hard (which really means, "don't think at all") about anything time travel related on a CW show. It will not make sense after even a cursory consideration.

That is why, ultimately, I gave up on watching Legends of Tomorrow. Watching a show in which Time Travel was a major component was too painful. When the resolution to an major ongoing plotline requires that you must defeat the villain "at the same time" in three different time periods...I just can't roll with that level of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                    watched the S5 finale, and I got sum Q's I need to get offa my chest:

1) was it eliminating the existence of Cicada II that caused Nora to turn into electric chicklets, and if so, why did it take so long for it to affect her (and not her diary somehow?)
                    I hate that shit in the show. It never works and is never consistent.

Also, remember how season 1, Flash's street clothes burn off of him if he runs in them? Now he's the fastest he's ever been, and no clothes burn off of him ever. In fact, he can grab people and run them around and no clothes burn off of them, either.

3) could Ramon have achieves his goal of being more "Ramon" than "Vibe" by simply not using his powers?
                    So far it seems to equate to him just doing less stuff per episode. Standing around.

4) any chance we'll get Harry back next season?!?!?
                    Not unless he survived the destruction of Earth-2 an episode ago.

Comment

• Good gravy this latest episode was bad. Just a random, needless and corny James Bond knockoff. Who are these writers? Yikes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                        Good gravy this latest episode was bad. Just a random, needless and corny James Bond knockoff. Who are these writers? Yikes.
                        Ralph is my favorite character on the show now. Grant Gustin is a multi talented entertainer, but I've yet to warm up to his portrayal of Barry Allen. Joe West is great, so are Caitlin and Cisco, but I'm just not feeling the *cough* vibe of the show. Harry is clearly the glue that holds the show together. He should get his own series.

Note: I'm not a fan of Elongated Man in comics. I'd much rather have Plastic-Man as a live action Stretch Armstrong character, but I'm not sure prime time is ready for Eel's zaniness yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sachs View Post
                          Ralph is my favorite character on the show now.
                          I actually like him and I like that actor. He's like a saner, younger Jim Carrey and he's perfect.

Grant Gustin is a multi talented entertainer, but I've yet to warm up to his portrayal of Barry Allen.
                          If it's his portrayal of Barry or Ezra Miller's... Gustin wins. But neither one are remotely like Barry in looks or personality. Strange, that.

Harry is clearly the glue that holds the show together. He should get his own series.
                          I loved evil Harrison Wells and I dug the Earth-2 Harry, but none of the other ones have done anything for me.

Comment

• Yo.

MRW after watching this weeks eps:

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                              Yo.

MRW after watching this weeks eps:

Tazer
                              Awful. I can't believe the show has gotten so lost so quickly.

And what's going on with Caitlin? Are they so out of things to do with her that they now just have her semi-permanently be Killer Frost? Just because?

Comment

• I'm sorry that you guys are feeling so negative about this show because it's my current favorite, and I still contend that it's the greatest super hero show ever. I'll admit that Cicada wasn't quite up to the task of being a full-season villain, but I've been blown away with what the show has done with Reverse Flash, Grodd, Captain Cold, and now Bloodwork. The nightmare scene alone from the last episode was outstanding. I love the creepy factor that's been infused this season.
                                Big Blue Lantern
                                Corps Honor Guard
                                Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 12-02-2019, 05:10 AM.
                                Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Working...
                                X