The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 07:49 AM   #12701
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr
 
Jeffi.Kaiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sector 2814
Posts: 2,922
Default

I wouldnt be shocked to see DC and WB try and adapt Geoff Johns first arc of Justice League for a script.
__________________
Jeffi.Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #12702
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe
 
Robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 12,073
Default

After Favreau's experience with Marvel I reall doubt he will jump in to doing another Comic Book movie anytime soon.

He's making a Disney movie next so that will keep him tied up for a lil bit.

I really doubt WB will do a live action Batman Beyond movie. They were exploring the option at one point along with the Batman Begins concept. We all know which one they chose.
__________________
Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:25 PM   #12703
EmeraldGamer
Green Lantern
 
EmeraldGamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Posts: 633
Default

Batman Beyond was a sweet series
__________________
EmeraldGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:50 PM   #12704
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe
 
Mister.Weirdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vermont
Posts: 8,721
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
I wouldnt be shocked to see DC and WB try and adapt Geoff Johns first arc of Justice League for a script.
Why? They going to clearly place some of the failure of the GL movie on Johns. They're not gonna try and adapt Johns work, especially since WB is a company that jumps on the gun when a film fails.
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:12 PM   #12705
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr
 
Jeffi.Kaiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sector 2814
Posts: 2,922
Default

I didnt say it would be a good idea, I just said I could see them doing it. If nothing else for the fact that John's first arc is telling the story from the mindset that some people getting it havent read a superhero story before.

If WB is wanting a Justice League movie to be the jumping off point for potential Flash and Wonderman movies, I dont see them passing up this story.

Oh and where are you getting the idea that they're placing blame on Johns? He didnt write it, he didnt direct it, he didnt produce it. He was a consultant.
__________________
Jeffi.Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #12706
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe
 
Mister.Weirdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vermont
Posts: 8,721
Blog Entries: 1
Default

They're a very big chase that they'll try to do there own thing, and not use somebody else's source material.
And yes they seem to particulary blaming Johns for the film.
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #12707
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr
 
Jeffi.Kaiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sector 2814
Posts: 2,922
Default

Really? Can you show me any actual evidence that theyre blaming Johns? Or is it just your dislike of him as of late thats making you say this?
__________________
Jeffi.Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:09 PM   #12708
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
I didnt say it would be a good idea, I just said I could see them doing it. If nothing else for the fact that John's first arc is telling the story from the mindset that some people getting it havent read a superhero story before.

If WB is wanting a Justice League movie to be the jumping off point for potential Flash and Wonderman movies, I dont see them passing up this story.

Oh and where are you getting the idea that they're placing blame on Johns? He didnt write it, he didnt direct it, he didnt produce it. He was a consultant.
for once jeff i agree with you.


it's to easy to put all the blame on johns because thats all the fans do
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #12709
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles
 
Marvelous Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 20,112
Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy
Default

Grant Morrison's New World Order should be the story that brings the JLA together.
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #12710
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Grant Morrison's New World Order should be the story that brings the JLA together.
for an actual film?


can you give a story on how it could work?
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #12711
myuserid
Lantern Hex
 
myuserid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wreath
Posts: 14,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
If nothing else for the fact that John's first arc is telling the story from the mindset that some people getting it havent read a superhero story before.
From the way he wrote Hal and Barry in the second issue, I'd almost think that Johns himself has never read a superhero story before.

A movie based on this book would be a disaster.
__________________
myuserid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #12712
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!
 
Superlantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 5,343
Default

not news but I thought this was cool to see in the android market this morning

Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #12713
White Gloves
Guy's Drinking Buddy
 
White Gloves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: France
Posts: 233
Default

The best would be a "Kingdom Come" movie...easy project uh ?
White Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #12714
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 26,893
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Probably wouldn't be very viewer friendly to the non-fanboys but an animated movie would be great. I'd love to see Alan's citadel animated!
__________________
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
—Isaiah 9:6
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:29 PM   #12715
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

so is the gl graveyard scene only on the blu ray version?


if so how is that scene?
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:31 PM   #12716
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gloves View Post
The best would be a "Kingdom Come" movie...easy project uh ?
It is actually kind of unfortunate (in this one case, anyway) that they usually try to have a similar style of art for the animated adaptations of actual comics. I can't picture them doing that with this story, and that might keep it from ever getting made (among other considerations, I'm sure).

On the other hand, I'm not sure how I would feel about an adaptation that DIDN'T look like the source material. That art was a big part of what made that series so memorable, IMHO.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:38 PM   #12717
Jack T. Chance
Really knows where his towel is!
 
Jack T. Chance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Planet Garnet, AKA "Hellhole", Space Sector 0017
Posts: 2,032
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gloves View Post
The best would be a "Kingdom Come" movie...easy project uh ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Probably wouldn't be very viewer friendly to the non-fanboys but an animated movie would be great. I'd love to see Alan's citadel animated!
Ugh.... NO WAY!!! Not if DC is going to once again limit the run time to 70 minutes or less! That's what ends up making these movies merely "good"... they're not allowed to achieve their full potential because DC won't give them the same run time as a feature film release!

I mean, just look at their animated adaptation of Darwyn Cooke's The New Frontier... while good, it cuts out lots of characters and subplots to shoehorn the story into a 70 minute run time!
__________________
Jack T. Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:45 PM   #12718
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
Ugh.... NO WAY!!! Not if DC is going to once again limit the run time to 70 minutes or less! That's what ends up making these movies merely "good"... they're not allowed to achieve their full potential because DC won't give them the same run time as a feature film release!

I mean, just look at their animated adaptation of Darwyn Cooke's The New Frontier... while good, it cuts out lots of characters and subplots to shoehorn the story into a 70 minute run time!
Yeah, actually given the, apparently hard-and-fast, runtime limit, I'm happier with original stories (unless they are adapting short stories, like the Mogo short in Emerald Knights, which I quite enjoyed).
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:17 PM   #12719
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 26,893
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
so is the gl graveyard scene only on the blu ray version?


if so how is that scene?
It's a deleted scene and it didn't receive any effects so all you see is Strong and Reynolds in their mocap suits and pre-renders (floating blocky cartoons) of Tomar and Morro. It looks like it would've been a cool scene if they had finished it.
__________________
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
—Isaiah 9:6
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:25 PM   #12720
EmeraldGamer
Green Lantern
 
EmeraldGamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Posts: 633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
It's a deleted scene and it didn't receive any effects so all you see is Strong and Reynolds in their mocap suits and pre-renders (floating blocky cartoons) of Tomar and Morro. It looks like it would've been a cool scene if they had finished it.
I agree..it's scenes like this that ..if it were finished and put in the movie would have made it a much better viewing experience.
__________________
EmeraldGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:52 PM   #12721
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
It's a deleted scene and it didn't receive any effects so all you see is Strong and Reynolds in their mocap suits and pre-renders (floating blocky cartoons) of Tomar and Morro. It looks like it would've been a cool scene if they had finished it.
guuh thats shitty. they didnt even give the full finished scene?



fuck that
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #12722
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe
 
Robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 12,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
guuh thats shitty. they didnt even give the full finished scene?



fuck that
they arent going to spend money to finish the effects on a deleted scene.
__________________
Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #12723
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
they arent going to spend money to finish the effects on a deleted scene.
i always assumed it was already done but cut from the movie reel before it hit theatres.
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #12724
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
they arent going to spend money to finish the effects on a deleted scene.
Yeah, George Lucas is the only one I know who would do that. (And he's probably just figuring that having additional finished scenes available will make it that much cheaper the next time he re-releases the movies and adds random junk.)
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #12725
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Yeah, George Lucas is the only one I know who would do that. (And he's probably just figuring that having additional finished scenes available will make it that much cheaper the next time he re-releases the movies and adds random junk.)
in lucases defence theres was maybe at least 2 i liked from revenge of the sith other then that everything else just seemed blah to me when it comes to deleted scenes.


as for green lantern i have no idea who is in charge regarding whats in and whats out of the deleted scenes but they couldve added something worth wile with the option of activating in into the film itself similar to the first xmen.
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
movie

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.