I want Alan Scott on this title!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want Alan Scott on this title!

Noticing how Jay is being heavily hinted at in this week's issue of the Flash, it appears that the returning JSA will be based on the crowded earth. If that is the case then I want Alan Scott on this title. Not as a regular because the book is overflowing with Green Lanterns. What I mean is my favorite stand alone issue of the Gerard Jones run on Green Lantern before the book burst into three regulars and a quarterly (which were all great in their own way), was issue #19. Where apparitions of Alan reach out to Hal, John and Guy to look for him. I was excited because at the time the JSA was shelved in the Ragnarok infinite loop at the time. I thought this was the beginning of something big but it appears TPTB had other plans. The Alan/Hal issues were a favorite of my youth and loved seeing them interact on the JSA/JLA crossovers as well. It had less of a mentor/student feel that Jay had with Wally/Barry but more like a two soldier's sharing war stories of different campaigns type of relationship. Since it appears that Superman and Batman will tie closely into whatever this Watchman thing is (and Superman to the Legion), it would be cool if HJ&tGLC and the Flash got to be directly tied to the 'rebirth' of the JSA. Since for me Hal and Barry have the closest ties to the JSA.

Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    it would be cool if HJ&tGLC and the Flash got to be directly tied to the 'rebirth' of the JSA. Since for me Hal and Barry have the closest ties to the JSA.
    That'd be sweet. I really liked the issue of Waid/Kitson's "Brave and the Bold" that featured the Flashes and the GLs.

Comment

I would love to see Alan on this title. Just don't make him gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarmode View Post
        I would love to see Alan on this title. Just don't make him gay.
        That wasn't my Alan Scott, and I don't want that one back. I want the Geoff John's / All Star Squadron amalgamation. Anything to do with that Earth 2 version will sour me on the entire project.

Comment

Gotta get Baz and Cruz doing something else, and put John in JLA and Kyle in Titans, to make room for that. First things first.

Comment

I'd rather Alan make his return with the JSA first. Then at some point let him do a team up with Hal for fun.

Comment

sadly the AS you knew and loved IS GONE () this is NOT-AS's time, you must embrace him (or you will be forced to embrace him) and if you don't you hate gays (atleast that's what DC thought of when they came up with him )

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Ion, I am pretty sure the gay nU shitty 2 Alan Scott is gone. I assume they will be bringing back something closer to the post Crisis, DCU version of the golden age Green Lantern.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                  I'd rather Alan make his return with the JSA first. Then at some point let him do a team up with Hal for fun.
                  Oh the JSA will be his home title of course, I would just like to see him guest appear from time to time. Like Bruce does in every other DC book, lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X