The Doctor Who Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Doctor Who Thread

Le Gasp... we haven't a thread for the new series of Doctor Who yet...

This must be remedied...

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

It's coming, only a week to wait... and already it looks absolutely amazing...

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Matt Smith is already proving himself to be more than capable of taking over where David Tennent left off, and with Neil Gaiman writing some episodes this season, it looks like Season 31 is definitely going to be one to remember...

+ YouTube Video

The series begins with The Eleventh Hour written by Moffat himself and is believed to follow directly on from the regeneration in The End of Time. Episode Two is The Beast Below also by Moffat with Episode Three seeing the return of the Doctor's greatest foe in Victory of the Daleks by Mark Gatiss.

Occupying slots 4 and 5 of the new series will be The Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone. This two part story is written by Steven Moffat and directed by Adam Smith and sees the return of Alex Kingston as River Song. It was the first story to be recorded.

Slot 6 will be filled by Vampires in Venice. This story is written by Toby Whithouse and directed by Jonny Campbell

I've been a fan of Gaiman for quite a few years now and can't wait to see what he does for Doctor Who... He's damn well known for writing amazingly dark stuff, so seeing him write for Doctor Who is definitely a boost for anyone who wants to see Doctor Who return to the dark, horror days of the 6th and 7th Doctor.

M

I can't bloody wait any longer!!!!

Comment

one more week... only 6 more days until it airs

M

Comment

Nine was still the best Dr. you:

Comment

Originally posted by GL_2814 View Post
          Nine was still the best Dr. you:[/IMG]
          Who's Doctor you?

And don't hotlink... its not nice and doesn't always work lol

M

Comment

Originally posted by GL_2814 View Post
            Nine was still the best Dr. you:
            Nine wasn't half as caustic, sarcastic and cantankerous as Seven. It's just a shame that besides 'Survival', 'Curse of Fenric' and 'Ghostlight' the writing was abominable.
            Minimum space distance:
            a|<- ≥2mm ->|lot
            ----------------------------------------------------------

Stormageddon added by Kuhan

Comment

Two more days to go...

rumor has it that this series of Doctor Who will be so dark it'll make Torchwood: Children of Earth look funny and lighthearted...

Can't frickin wait!!!

There's one thing I always wanted to ask Jack. Back in the old days. I wanted to know about that Doctor of his. The man who appears out of nowhere and saves the world; except sometimes he doesn't. All those times in history where there was no sign of him.. I wanted to know why not. But I don't need to ask anymore. I know the answer now: Sometimes the Doctor must look at this planet and turn away in shame.
              M

Comment

Originally posted by methos View Post
                Two more days to go...

rumor has it that this series of Doctor Who will be so dark it'll make Torchwood: Children of Earth look funny and lighthearted...

Can't frickin wait!!!

M
                If that's the case then that makes me feel a little better. I'm trying to find anything I can to ease my worries about Matt Smith.

Comment

don't worry...

everything i've seen about Matt Smith says he can pull off some seriously dark stuff... and with Neil Gaiman writing it... i'm sure it's going to be epic

M

Comment

Well it's not necessarily his acting I'm worried about. His look just bugs me, and the little punch line they gave him "Geronimo".......every time he says it I will die inside a little...

Where is it you found Neil Gaiman was going to be writing episodes?
                    And I thought awhile back I heard a rumor that Alan Moore was supposed to write some episodes too, or was he working on the comic?

Comment

i haven't heard about Alan Moore writing for the show... thats a new one on me...

Neil Gaiman has been confirmed on the BBC website as a writer

M

Comment

Yeah I hadn't heard any confirmation on Alan either it was just a rumor. A lot of his first work was with Doctor Who.

Sweet thanks =D

Comment

Well, it's time... Matt Smith debuts tomorrow night... 24 hours and some change to go...

Time to say a fond farewell to number ten...

+ YouTube Video

M

Comment

Hey everyone! I actually am here on behalf of BBC America and wanted to give you the latest Doctor Who updates and information.

If any of you are in New York City, we are having a special premiere screening. Keep in mind its first come, first serve!

7:00 PM: A special premiere screening event of the new Doctor Who series, immediately followed by a Q&A with actors Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat at the Village East Cinema. The Q&A session will be moderated by USA Today’s Pop Culture Columnist Whitney Matheson, author of the Pop Candy blog (popcandy.usatoday.com). The event is open to the public and seating is on a first-come, first served basis on the day of the event. Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/BBCAmerica#!...2297563&ref=mf

Can't wait to hear what you all think about the new season!

Comment

Uh, no thanks Lindsay... i'll be watching it in the UK on day of release lol

M

Comment

Working...
                              X