X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsk tsk

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
      Kevin Durant will sign a two-year deal with the Warriors at $54.3 million, league sources say, with a Player Option for Year 2.

Move over LeBron, we have a new villain.
      Yup. The Warriors have become the Tom Brady/Patriots of the NBA. Which is a good thing.
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Dwyane Wade commits to Chicago Bulls for 2 years, $47MM

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...-chicago-bulls
        Miami should have paid him. Poor management move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
          Yup. The Warriors have become the Tom Brady/Patriots of the NBA. Which is a good thing.
          Maybe in regards to the hate but the Spurs are the real comparison. Or rather the Pats are the Spurs of the NFL since Pop was there first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
            Miami should have paid him. Poor management move.
            That's your boy, Pat Riley, making that decision.

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
            Nah that's the Spurs. Or rather the Pats are the Spurs of the NFL since Pop was there first.
            I don't know about that, in the sense of hate. I don't think people hated the Spurs for winning championships. People started hating on the Warriors when they started the season 24-0 and then went 73-9 to finish the season. And thus were compared to the Patriots 18-1 season.
            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• The hatred and their loss in the championship are kind of the only similarities though, Spurs/Pats compare a lot better:
              • Both teams have been contenders for a decade plus
              • Both teams have a strong belief in their system
              • Both head coaches are considered among the best in the league
              • Both head coaches have a similar schtick when it comes to the media
              • Both head coaches have strong ties to the military
              • Brady and Duncan are both historically among the best at their positions

And apparently the Spurs even compare Pop/Duncan to BB/Brady internally.

Comment

• WARRIORS!!! 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

Comment

• ^Are you going to the parade tomorrow?

Comment

• I'm planning on going to the parade, but I'll be going to work first as normal since I typically get to work around 6:30am.

Probably head out to Oakland a little after 9am. But, probably not going to attend the rally and just catch it on TV. It depends on the crowd and if I feel like walking that far.

Comment

• The Warriors really do look like a "super team."

"In brightest day, in darkest night..."

Comment

• I'm not a big fan of the NBA, but this is unbelievable.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...st-nba-history

Comment

Working...
                        X