Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 11-24-2015, 12:10 AM   #1
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Default DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Quote:
The CW released the first trailer for DCís Legends of Tomorrow trailer on their youtube channel and itís awesome!
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Quote:
Rip Hunter (played by Arthur Darvill), gathers his time traveling team telling them, ďIíve seen Men of Steel die and Dark Knights fall.Ē in a nice shout out to WBĎs upcoming Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice film as well as invoking the publisherís two most popular characters.

Legends of Tomorrow is the third CW series spinning out of DC and headed up by the Berlanti/Kreisberg/Guggenheim triumvirate. The pilot episode drops on Thursday, January 21st to an eager fanbase worldwide.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:06 AM   #2
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
Legends of Tomorrow Trailer Drops

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
im curious to see what the plan is with the kryptonite and did you hear the i have seen men of steel die and dark knights fall? possible hints of whats to come?

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:52 PM   #3
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Sweetness.

~M~
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:46 AM   #4
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Constantine To Join DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow In 2017 As They Switch Cast With Each Season?
Old 11-29-2015, 05:11 AM   #5
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Legends Of Tomorrow Is So Expensive It Probably Won't Get A Second Season

in a show revolving around an entire team of superheroes, you'd think a serious budget would be a no brainer. And yetÖ

Fans of the DC Television Universe might have some reason to worry. While the creation of the first season of Legends of Tomorrow is underway, it has come out that the CW may have overextended themselves in regards to budget. It seems that the first season of the Legends of Tomorrow is more expensive than the network originally anticipated. Intel from Bleeding Cool is now claiming that the CW may be nixing the idea of a second season, knowing that show will likely continue to become more expensive as it grows. Yikes.

Legends of Tomorrow is CWís spin off of both of its already existent successful DC television programs, Arrow and The Flash. Arrow served as a trailblazer for the network, proving that a television series based of a DC Superhero could indeed be successful. Premiering in 2012, Arrow was essentially the test dummy of the genre for CW, who were able to bring comic book characters to life partly because the character of Green Arrow isnít superpowered himself. Rather, he uses Martial Artistry and a variety of trick arrows to serve as a vigilante.

Once the formula for Arrow was successful, CW took a big step forward with The Flash and succeeded in bringing his superspeed to the small screen, and presumably learning how to properly budget themselves for this undertaking. The Flash was also a success, with an announcement regarding the Legends of Tomorrow being announced February 2015. Fans of DC comics, as well as the previous two series had a collective nerd-gasm, imagining a live-action take on a not-quite Justice League.

Both The Flash and Arrow have since helped introduce characters in their respective second and fourth seasons that are set to appear as principles in Legends of Tomorrow. Among them, fan favorite and Justice League Unlimited member Hawkgirl, as well as DC Universe staples like The Atom. Additionally, theyíve added highly respected actors to the roster such as Aliasí Victor Garbor as pyrokinetic and molecularly powered Firestorm. Who doesnít want to watch Mr. Andrews kick some ass?

What is it about Legends of Tomorrow that makes it so much more expensive than its predecessor? I can only imagine the multitude of visual and special effects are what is taking such a toll on its budget. Afterall, in a show that revolves around time travel, and where each protagonist has a unique set of superpowers, the effects team must have their hands full. Maybe having one superpowered lead in both Arrow and The Flash allowed for a more budget-friendly production, rather than having to stretch funds across a baker's dozen worth of heroes.

While Legends of Tomorrow still seems like itís gearing up to be an epic television series, reports that a second season might already be cancelled is super discouraging. Afterall, why should we bother hunkering down for yet another comic book TV series if we know it isnít going to have staying power? Hereís hoping the reports are wrong.

Then again, if the production team and writers know of the series fate from the jump, they may be able to structure a storyline that has a satisfying arc and epic conclusion. So often new series are suddenly cancelled, making their hasty and accidental finales disappointing.

Iím gonna keep my fingers crossed for Legends of Tomorrow. And hope thatís itís not going to quickly be cancelled and be a Legend of Yesterday.

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...on-102157.html

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 01:04 AM   #6
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Bringing in Constantine would definitely drop the effects budget some, which would PROBABLY be a reason for them talking about changing up the cast with a season 2. Which I'm all for. If LoT brings in the same audience as Arrow and the Flash then there's no doubt the series will get a second season. The heroes and villains we're getting now are just a nightmare in terms of what they need as far as effects to work. The Atom, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Firestorm, Capt. Cold, and Heatwave ALL need special effects to work. White Canary just walks around stomping ass on the cheap.

I'd love to see folks like Spartan and Vibe get a little time away from GA and Flash, toss in Constantine and a couple other heroes [who may not need to be as cheap with Spartan and Vibe not needing many effects] and BOOM there's the cast for the second season. Maybe we'll see Vixen go live action? Trying to think of some other lesser known characters who'd be cool to see... the Ray or Damage? Some form of Starman? Or just go the obvious route with Mr. Terrific LOL

~M~
Old 12-02-2015, 05:37 PM   #7
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

As my wife and I were watching the "Legends of Today" episode of The Flash, we saw the promo for Legends of Tomorrow and it was the first time my wife recalls hearing about the show. And she turns to me and says, "So, they're getting the rejects from The Flash and Arrow and putting them together to make a show?" I had a good laugh. I said "in a way. They're like the DC's TV version of the Avengers (as the Justice League film has yet to hit the silver screen."

We'll both be tuning in for Legends of Tomorrow.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:59 PM   #8
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Being a DC guy, I'll be checking this out with great anticipation. I just hope that having so many of these shows doesn't cause the superhero bubble to burst.

Hawkgirl is really pretty and exotic-looking, but man, does she have some choppers.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:35 PM   #9
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
Being a DC guy, I'll be checking this out with great anticipation. I just hope that having so many of these shows doesn't cause the superhero bubble to burst.

Hawkgirl is really pretty and exotic-looking, but man, does she have some choppers.
I think DC's tv stuff will be what Marvel's cinematic universe was for Marvel until we're knee deep in the DC Cinematic universe. Mainly: a strong jumping on point for new fans. WB wouldn't dare produce a big budget Atom flick, but letting him show up on tv? Same goes for Hawkman, Firestorm, etc. Speaking of which, I hope we get some Atom/Hawkman bromance in LoT.

Hawkgirl's teeth never bothered me until this week's episodes.

And I'd still take a series more about Diggle and his POV over more complex and developed DC heroes any day.

EDIT: Just noticed Firestorm finally gets a suit at the 1:07 mark in the trailer up top. FINALLY. Now bring back Ronnie already...

~M~

Last edited by Ωmega Man; 12-04-2015 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:55 PM   #10
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:56 PM   #11
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

Really looking forward to this but take out Cold & Heat Wave and replace them with Blue Beetle and Booster Gold and this show would be perfect!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:05 AM   #12
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

+ YouTube Video
Old 01-13-2016, 11:49 PM   #13
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

JONAH HEX TO APPEAR IN "LEGENDS OF TOMORROW'S" OLD WEST ADVENTURE
Old 01-14-2016, 12:09 AM   #14
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

^^^ That's kinda cool. I'd just as soon have Nighthawk and Cinnamon though LOL

~M~
Old 01-19-2016, 11:59 PM   #15
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Johnathon Schaech Cast as Jonah Hex in DCís Legends of Tomorrow

Falk Hentschel did an AMA on reddit.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:25 AM   #16
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

STEPHEN AMELL TO GUEST STAR AS 2046'S GREEN ARROW IN "DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW"
Quote:
"Arrow's" Stephen Amell is headed to "DC's Legends of Tomorrow," but his Oliver Queen won't look quite like what viewers are used to.

"We're not only introducing our version of Connor Hawke to our universe, we're going to meet the 2046 version of Oliver Queen, and Stephen Amell is going to be reprising his role from 'Arrow,'" executive producer Marc Guggenheim told Entertainment Weekly. "As an added bonus to comic-book fans, Oliver is missing his left arm and will be sporting a goatee, in a nod to the character's appearance in the seminal 'Dark Knight Returns.' We think this episode features some of the coolest things we've ever done."

In a video posted to Facebook, Amell addressed the news and confirmed he -- along with Connor Hawke and the goatee -- will appear in episode 6 of "Legends of Tomorrow."
Old 01-29-2016, 06:52 AM   #17
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

This show would be sooooo much better if they got rid of the Hawks

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 06:55 AM   #18
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

^^^ BADASS!

~M~
Old 01-29-2016, 04:32 PM   #19
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

And made Atom to be less of a mini iron man. Even the same sound effect for the repulsors.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:45 PM   #20
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

I haven't peeped this yet, and ^^that^^ isn't making me want to spend time on it.... :/

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:18 PM   #21
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I'll say the 2nd episode was better than the pilot, as the pilot felt like a recap of the characters for those who have been loyal viewers of the Flash and Arrow.

I'll also say this feels like a TV version of the Avengers, which Vandal Savage being very much like an MCU villain a McGuffin/plot device; one dimensional and uninteresting. That being said, I like the chemistry between the characters; especially Captain Cold's and Heatwave's interaction with everyone else.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:53 PM   #22
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

I HATED the original Black Canary now turned White Canary. Then she went out of her way to grab young Stein's weed and get baked in the 70's. The scene before she kicked all the guards asses and responded to Jax who asked if she could handle it alone because she was stoned was hilarious... "please... I could be unconscious and kick these guys' asses..."

And HOLY SHIT Hawkman is already dead at episode 2?!? That'll make some people happy I suppose but the character's got another reincarnation to look forward to.

~M~
Old 02-23-2016, 04:51 AM   #23
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

LOOK: CONNOR HAWKE ARRIVES IN NEW "DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW" PHOTOS
Old 02-23-2016, 03:10 PM   #24
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by -M- View Post
And HOLY SHIT Hawkman is already dead at episode 2?!? That'll make some people happy I suppose but the character's got another reincarnation to look forward to.

~M~
I'd be abit surprised if they didn't have the team pick up his next reincarnation at some point along the way, and role reverse him and Shayera, with HER having to tell HIM about their past lives.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:39 AM   #25
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

I kinda hope they try and get Ronnie back in the seat as Firestorm with Jax in some way with being able to just pluck people out of time. I was really hoping to see Pohzar as the Russian Firestorm, and Heatwave is really growing on me. Hearing the Atom talk smack while being restrained was kinda weird.

~M~