The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Movies & TV
FLASHCHAT

Movies and TV

Old 03-19-2014, 09:45 PM   #3751
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I dunno. Somehow the concept of Ghostbusters alone isn't enough to excite me absent the original cast. There are franchises where the universe itself becomes interesting enough to me that I'm still excited to explore it with a totally different set of characters, but I don't think Ghostbusters is one of them.

Be nice if I was wrong, though.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:53 AM   #3752
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-direct-689757

Quote:
Doug Liman in Final Talks to Direct 'Splinter Cell' (Exclusive)

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:01 PM   #3753
IonFan
Forum Member

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

now this Hercules film i'll see (that other one just looked )

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #3754
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES New Origin Revealed

Quote:
Last night Paramount showed off the new Michael Bay Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, revealing their look on-screen for the first time. io9 watched the footage, and pointed out two main things: the Turtles are very large, or as they say “simply massive,” implying that they’ll be a bit more monstrous than previous incarnations, which have held the Turtles to about the 5’6” mark.

Second is in their origin. No, they’re not aliens as was rumored for an early draft of the screenplay - however, it seems that Shredder, played by William Fichtner in this film, and April O’Neil’s father are the actual creators of the Ninja Turtles.

It’s not said exactly how, or if this was a mistake or a planned, purposeful creation, but the narration is quite clear that those two men are their creators and they they were “trying to create heroes,” as Shredder tells April O’Neil in the teaser footage. Shredder also seems to be something of a social crusader, the Sinestro-type that thinks he can save the city by bringing it order, all under his foot.

The Foot Clan has a slight redesign with a metallic mask over the cloth hood, the mask of Shredder was revealed in the footage, and the green ooze is still there and intact.

We expect the footage will hit the internet in the near future.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:32 PM   #3755
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:45 PM   #3756
Fearless
Agent Orange

Rumor: Bradley Cooper Among Possibilities for New Indiana Jones

Quote:
There are rumors, there are big rumors, and then there are stories like this. A new report says Disney, which recently acquired the rights to release more Indiana Jones films, is looking to go the James Bond route with the character. That is, the company could recast him for years to come. Who would don the fedora after Harrison Ford? Rumor has it Bradley Cooper is at the top of the list.

According to Latino Review, Cooper is just one name on a longer list of actors who may, or in most cases may not play Indiana Jones moving ahead. They also say Frank Darabont, who wrote an infinitely better script for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull than the one produced, has already pitched an idea for a new movie. Are these claims true? Latino Review is often pretty spot on with these rumors, even when they make their way through the laundry and come out years later.

Inquiries to high end Lucasfilm sources have yet to be returned.

Let’s take Bradley Cooper and Frank Darabont and put them aside for a second. The idea of Indiana Jones becoming an American James Bond, meaning various actors could continue the role for decades in the future, is actually a pretty great idea. In most people’s minds, no one will ever touch Sean Connery when it comes to James Bond. But the franchise didn’t end with him. We still have that performance, those films, yet we get new Bond movies every few years and some of them — Skyfall for example — are absolutely fantastic. Even the least-loved Bond actors have fans.

Indiana Jones has that potential. He doesn’t have to grow older with each film. Why not hit the reset button and continue forward? We’d still have Ford’s iconic films, yet we’d have new ones too. Of course, this will put the original four movies and TV show in a bit of an odd light, but after a good movie or two, no one will care.

Again, this is not definite. It’s a rumor — a huge rumor — and Bradley Cooper and Frank Darabont are just possible names attached to it. But if this is true? Wow. Talk about the doors it opens.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #3757
Space Cop
The Dandy

Interstellar' Nolan's nod to childhood at movies

Quote:
LAS VEGAS (AP) — It's tough to get writer-director Christopher Nolan to divulge details about the plot of his upcoming sci-fi movie "Interstellar."

"We're right in the thick of the first cut of the film," he said on stage during a question and answer session at the annual movie-theater convention CinemaCon in Las Vegas on Wednesday. "So I can't really say much about it right now."

However, he did say that the tone of the time travel focused project, of which scientist Kip Thorne is a producer, is very different than any of his previous films.

"For me it's about harking back to films I saw when I was a child," he said. "I grew up in an era that was the golden age of the blockbuster, where something being a family film could be very broad and universal. I feel like that is something I want to see again. Something that looks at where we are as people and where we might go."

Co-written with his brother and frequent collaborator Jonathan Nolan — the two have worked on "The Dark Knight," ''The Dark Knight Rises" and "The Prestige" together — "Interstellar" is about "interstellar travel," Nolan offered.

But just how the story will unfold when it hits theaters in November is still a mystery.

In the trailer, snippets of archival aviation footage is shown as Matthew McConaughey talks about "the ability to overcome the impossible" via voiceover. We also see a shot of the Oscar winner driving down a dusty road while tears are in his eyes and a little girl holding a man's hand while watching the launch of what looks like a rocket.

McConaughey, along with Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain, stars in the film. Nolan said he "needed someone who was very much an everyman" to play the male lead. McConaughey, he added, was an ideal choice. "He is experiencing extraordinary events in the film and we are seeing them through his eyes. I didn't' know how much potential Matthew had until 'Mud.' It showed me a side of his capabilities that I never knew was there. It's a transformative performance."

Though he did not reveal any of the locations where the film was shot, Nolan said the film was "shot like a documentary." He said he tried to stay away from creating scenes with CGI. "We put the people in the real environments," he added.

Shot mostly in IMAX, Nolan said the post work on the film will be very detailed. "The technical aspects of how things are presented is going to be more involved than any other film I've ever made," he said. But that won't involve 3-D. "3-D is not necessarily the best thing for a shared experience," he said.

He added that he had "ambitious plans of how we will maximize the potential of sound systems in theaters." But he assured movie houses won't need any extra tools to screen his film, which is scored by Hans Zimmer. "We will use existing equipment," he added.

Nolan said the universal appeal of his new movie was inspired by the films he was moved by as a kid, like Stanley Kubrick's "2001: A Space Odyssey," which left him feeling transported by its magnitude. "I had this extraordinary time being taken away to another world," he recalled.

He hopes to echo that experience with "Interstellar." ''It tries to be an experience that you carry with you," he said.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #3758
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I'm impressed that Nolan is apparently resisting what I imagine is probably strong pressure (given current trends) to make the movie in 3D. We'll see if that holds up until release day. I feel like I've heard filmmakers say similar things about 3D, and then the movies end up in 3D anyway.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:20 PM   #3759
IonFan
Forum Member

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

wow! (and not the good kind of wow mind you, just wow)

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
Old 03-27-2014, 09:27 PM   #3760
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Yes, I wasn't impress about the teasor trailer for TMNT. And I really don't like the size of them, which seams to be about 6ft. I noticed that Megan Fox doesn't have any lines in the trailer.

I'll definitely be watching this movie in the theater even though it doesn't look very good to me at this point.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #3761
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
I'll definitely be watching this movie in the theater even though it doesn't look very good to me at this point.
oh yeah same for me too (and that's sad when you think about it )

IonFan says

Quote:
Old 03-28-2014, 03:38 AM   #3762
IonFan
Forum Member

+ YouTube Video

HLY SH!T I'M SEEING THIS

IonFan says

Quote:
Old 03-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #3763
Tazer

Yo.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:16 AM   #3764
Tazer

Yo.

+ YouTube Video

Tazer

Quote:
Old 04-03-2014, 04:42 AM   #3765
IonFan
Forum Member

Lucy

OH H@LL YEAH

IonFan says

Quote:
Old 04-05-2014, 12:20 AM   #3766
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Chiwetel Ejiofor Eyed For ‘James Bond’ Villain

Quote:
After scoring big with Javier Bardem as its last Bond villain, MGM and Sony may be targeting another Oscar-nominated actor to play 007′s nemesis in the next James Bond pic.

Sources tell Variety that Ejiofor is the top choice to play the villain in Sony and MGM’s next installment in the James Bond series. No offer has been made yet and scheduling would still have to be worked out but sources insist he is the front-runner for the job.

The studio had no comment.

Daniel Craig is already set to return as Bond with Ralph Fiennes, Ben Whishaw and Naomie Harris set to return as well. “Skyfall” helmer Sam Mendes will again direct.

Plot details are unknown at this time.

Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson will produce with John Logan penning the script.

The plan is start production in the summer in order to meet the pic’s release date of Nov. 6, 2015. Casting has been heating up with the studio also on the lookout for one Scandinavian and one British woman to play the new Bond girls.

After the success of casting Javier Bardem as the “Skyfall” villain, the team behind the latest pic has decided to look for someone with a similarly interesting persona.

Ejiofor may have been heroic in “12 Years,” but he’s no stranger to getting his hands dirty, having played the villain in “Children of Men” and “Four Brothers.”

Ejiofor is currently filming “Z For Zachariah” with Chris Pine and Margot Robbie and is also attached to John Hillcoat’s “Triple Nine.” He is repped by CAA and Markham Froggatt and Irwin.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:20 AM   #3767
IonFan
Forum Member

new trailer is out for HTTYD 2, all i have to say is oh h@ll yeah

IonFan says

Quote:
Old 05-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #3768
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Doctor Who’s Matt Smith Joins Terminator Reboot in Major Role

Quote:
Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions have officially announced that former "Doctor Who" Matt Smith has joined the upcoming Terminator reboot in an undisclosed role. Deadline reports that Smith will play a "major role" in the franchise with his involvement spanning all three films in the planned trilogy.

Here's the official announcement from Skydance:
Quote:
“We don't have a TARDIS, but we do have a Time Lord: we're pleased to welcome Matt Smith to the cast of #Terminator.

— Skydance Productions (@Skydance) May 2, 2014
Smith joins a cast that also includes Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtney, J.K. Simmons, Dayo Okeniyi, Byung-hun Lee, Michael Gladis and Sandrine Holt. Thor: The Dark World's Alan Taylor is directing from a script by Laeta Kalorgridis (Avatar, Shutter Island) and Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry), targeting a July 1, 2015 release.

(Photo Credit: Lia Toby/WENN.com)
Old 05-03-2014, 02:55 AM   #3769
Fearless
Agent Orange

Kyle Reese, maybe?
Old 05-07-2014, 04:18 PM   #3770
Fearless
Agent Orange

The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers are Set for a Live Action Return to the Big Screen

Quote:
Lionsgate and Saban Brands are Partnering for the Venture

The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers are returning to the big screen in a new live action film. Yes, Lionsgate and Saban Brands announced this morning that the Power Rangers franchise is going to be coming back to a theater near you in the not too distant future.

The television series that started the multimedia franchise was launched more than 20 years ago, and has been running in some form continuously since that time. There have even already been two films produced, "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie" in 1995 and "Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie" in 1997.

According to the press release, "The new film franchise will re-envision the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, a group of high school kids who are infused with unique and cool super powers but must harness and use those powers as a team if they have any hope of saving the world."

There is no word in the press release about any timeline for the new film, nor how—or if—it will fit into existing Power Rangers mythology. The press release does discuss that the fact that there is already "a deep and detailed mythology" but not more than that.

No mention is made in the press release of the classic theme to the original version of the series either.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #3771
Jay
Kyle's Nude Model

YES YES YES OMFG YES!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 04:26 PM   #3772
Fearless
Agent Orange

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited myself, I just hope they handle it better than Turbo...
Old 05-07-2014, 04:36 PM   #3773
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Power Rangers was a little after my time, so I don't have the same excitement of this news. I'll most likely catch the film when it becomes available on Netflix.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:31 PM   #3774
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Why are you guys super excited?
It's not a reunion its a reboot

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #3775
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
Why are you guys super excited?
It's not a reunion its a reboot

It's the original series being rebooted, though, and that's more than enough to get me amped up.