Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Damon: Hal Jordan? (just a thought not a rumor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Damon: Hal Jordan? (just a thought not a rumor)

I was just cruising through Newsarama and noticed that during Matt Damon's numerous press engagements for his Jason Bourne movie stated that he wouldn't mind doing a super hero flick but he thought all the major ones were taken. However, one isn't and while Bradley Cooper was the original choice for the role he is all Guardians of the Galaxy'ed up and there might be a rule against being the major DC and Marvel character. Damon is one of the better actors of his generation, definitely is a big enough star to bring eyeballs to the project and with Ben his Buddy being Batman, would help them form their own lil Hollywood Super Friends. He being associated with the title would bring some excitement to it and might speed up it going into production.

I think someone A-list or close to it is the way to go. I still think Green Lantern has a certain stink on it in the eyes of the general public and a fresh face that everyone knows will cure that instantly.

Comment

If they want someone "A-list" this should be our guy right here.

I'm honestly really surprised Gyllenhaal hasn't popped up in a superhero movie yet because I think he's a very talented actor who I think would fit well with the rest of the DCEU. And he would have alot of fun playing Hal and watching him in movies like Prince of Persia (which wasn't good but he was), Source Code, End of Watch, Prisoners and even Southpaw shows me he would make a good Hal.

He may not be Cavill or Affleck big but he can definitely get into superhero shape.
      Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Prince of Persia is probably why he's not too thrilled with the idea of big budget movies anymore.

Comment

Matt Damon wouldn't be at the top of my list as Hal, but I'm open to the idea. Damon was great in The Martian. And I would agree an A-List celebrity is the way to go for Hal, if indeed it's Hal.

I hope they finally officially announce the Green Lantern film at SDCC and some concept art or even casting. So far, all we've gotten are logos.
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

I don't like the idea of Batman being that much taller than Hal.

Comment

Comment

Green Lantern's Light!

Comment

That's a nice image, but it just reinforces my notion that Damon is not right for Hal.

Comment

Sounds like Damon wants nothing to do with GL
                    https://twitter.com/omelete/status/760588281478279170
                    Green Lantern's Light!

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
                        Sounds like Damon wants nothing to do with GL
                        https://twitter.com/omelete/status/760588281478279170
                        Good. We don't need him going around crusading for Power Ring control laws.

Comment

"A lot of talented people were involved and it didn't work. Maybe I should leave it alone..." he says with a smile.

Maybe he should leave it alone. Doesn't sound like a definite no. And it doesn't sound like he wants nothing to do with it. Once upon a time he didn't want to continue doing Bourne movies... and look how that played out. Mamoa outright said he wasn't going to play Aquaman. He said it with a smile on his face too.

I just want to know SOMETHING about GLC or the Shazam movie. How long are they gonna make us fans wait?!?

~M~

Comment

Its not as if the movie starts filming next year, its still four years out from expected release, and even that isn't concrete. If anything they did a disservice to us by announcing it so far in advance.

Comment

Damon is also too old. He may still look relatively young, but he would be about 50 before the GL Corps movie was released.
                              "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
                              Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
                              Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
                              who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
                              to change the world. This time, Lord...
                              Let me be worthy."

Comment

Working...
                              X