The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Red Lanterns/Warrior/Guy Gardner
FLASHCHAT

Red Lanterns
View Poll Results: Rate RL #2
* 3 11.54%
** 4 15.38%
*** 9 34.62%
**** 7 26.92%
***** 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #26
TheHorseman
Green Lantern Initiate

I just hope the Red Lantern who looks like a testicle gets chosen as Attrocitus' #2 guy...cos....ya know...Bleez would be way too obvious!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:33 PM   #27
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cormier View Post
...with a VERY thinly veiled criticism on the Afgan war. Not only was the story dull, it came off as preachy ...
I forgot to mention that. It was annoying in its obviousness, especially with the comment about the Yuevers originally coming to help in a civil war. Ugh.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:02 AM   #28
Cyberium
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

As a book reader I appreciate the slower beginning. Build up is important for a well established story. I'm sure a lot of people want to see serious action (massacre) by the Red Lanterns in the beginning. I often find over-stimuli dies out quickly if given too early or too abundantly.

Red Lantern Corps is facing an uncertain future. Atrocitus spent his entire life seeking revenge on Kronas, only to have it taken by another. His goal was gone and rage subdued, it's only reasonable for him to introspect. Frankly, Atrocitus is the only one capable of deeper thoughts as well as being the leader and direction for the Corps.

Atrocitus wants to select an assistant, whom I don't believe is Bleez. We saw her insolence earlier and her meddling of other Corpsmen. Besides, Bleez seems busy with Kyle on Earth on his journey. I suspect that another Red Lantern would be chosen, possibly the Earthling we saw in issue 1.

Hopefully we see some rile up in the next issue. There shouldn't be too much peace and quiet on a planet full of ragers.

Cyberium of Sector 614, you foresee great HOPE in our future.
Cyberium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #29
JuanMal
Fatality's Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberium View Post
As a book reader I appreciate the slower beginning. Build up is important for a well established story. I'm sure a lot of people want to see serious action (massacre) by the Red Lanterns in the beginning. I often find over-stimuli dies out quickly if given too early or too abundantly.

Red Lantern Corps is facing an uncertain future. Atrocitus spent his entire life seeking revenge on Kronas, only to have it taken by another. His goal was gone and rage subdued, it's only reasonable for him to introspect. Frankly, Atrocitus is the only one capable of deeper thoughts as well as being the leader and direction for the Corps.

Atrocitus wants to select an assistant, whom I don't believe is Bleez. We saw her insolence earlier and her meddling of other Corpsmen. Besides, Bleez seems busy with Kyle on Earth on his journey. I suspect that another Red Lantern would be chosen, possibly the Earthling we saw in issue 1.

Hopefully we see some rile up in the next issue. There shouldn't be too much peace and quiet on a planet full of ragers.
great post. I agree.
JuanMal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #30
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Ugh, there's James Cameron in my Red Lantern...

Not even the destructiveness of the Red Lantern blood makes up for this lackluster issue.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #31
A_Q Lantern
Corpse Trainee

Droppin out on this title unless... Logo meets atrocitus n charge his ring n become a rl... 2 Krona gt revived some how as he wil b bk soon b4 this comic ends.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:33 PM   #32
myuserid
Lantern Hex

Quote:
Red Lantern Corps is facing an uncertain future.
The future is very clear...cancelled within a year.

Maybe sooner if the reviews here are any indication.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:29 PM   #33
d3v1lb0y
Red Lantern Black Ops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Ugh, there's James Cameron in my Red Lantern...
don't you DARE say that!!!!!

give it time, or at least 6 issues!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y
d3v1lb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #34
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myuserid View Post
The future is very clear...cancelled within a year.

Maybe sooner if the reviews here are any indication.

As soon as those sales drop by issue 4 or 5, they'll make planse to replace it with something else. Sales are great now, but it won't hold. And DC won't let it go completely into the shitter. I think a year sounds just about right.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #35
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

24 issues at the least. No way DC cancels a top 20 book just because its horrible. They'll bring Shane Davis in soon enough for a guest arc to slow the critical burn. By then Johns will have another mini-crossover in mind where he pulls Atrocitus from his new Punisher direction which sends what little momentum Milligan had to a screeching halt.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #36
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

Remember, the Red Lanterns' abilities will be changed by next fall to sync up with the animated series, too. (I'd be very surprised if they don't.) I've got a feeling that'll annoy fans even further.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #37
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD80MAC View Post
Remember, the Red Lanterns' abilities will be changed by next fall to sync up with the animated series, too. (I'd be very surprised if they don't.) I've got a feeling that'll annoy fans even further.
guuuuuuuuuuuh.... i have to admit im on the fence about it but after reading what you said im going to pass on the rl books
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:16 AM   #38
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Okay issue, my only problem is that it felt like it was a repeat of the first issue. If the series continues with every issue centering around someone that is over-come by rage, then I might have to drop this series (unless it does something interesting). Other than that I think it's more than deserving of a 3.
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #39
Cyberium
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
Okay issue, my only problem is that it felt like it was a repeat of the first issue.
I think that's where the problem is. Comic readers's view on the plot flow is largely affected by the content of each issue instead of the whole series, since new issue comes each month instead of whole package. If they combined #1 and #2 I'm sure it wouldn't feel as slow.

Cyberium of Sector 614, you foresee great HOPE in our future.
Cyberium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:59 PM   #40
BIOcide

Cool

Quote:
I think that's where the problem is. Comic readers's view on the plot flow is largely affected by the content of each issue instead of the whole series, since new issue comes each month instead of whole package. If they combined #1 and #2 I'm sure it wouldn't feel as slow.
Yeah, I actually saw this as setting the plot and tone of the future issues. Atrocitus has made up his mind, he's just got a lot to cover, so a second great mind (anyone who loves the character would agree he has a great mind) is going to be needed for his Corps. to truly flourish in their newest mission.

Hail Atrocitus. I was concerned he would be overthrown, but he's fully aware of the risk, and is making the decision anyway. I hope it's not Bleez as people have stated since it would be no surprise. I also hope it's not the flippin' bouncy-ball of teeth dude. The only thing I like about it is that it's a Red Lantern. I'm hoping the four-eyed beast or the cyclops one (I have the issues w/ their names, I'm just too lazy right now). I also hope Nite-Lik shows his face again...
Old 10-13-2011, 07:00 AM   #41
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888

I really hope Skallox is his Liutenant because Bleez is in New Guardians and it would be better having a Liutenant that isn't doing double duty.

I really like the issue, I really going through Atrocitus's head really.

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
GreenLantern888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #42
Space Cop
The Dandy

Nope. I definitely want Zilius Zox. It'd be fun to see a head bopping around Atrocitus and asking him questions like Spike and Chester from WB cartoons.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:19 AM   #43
Ysmault
Kyle's Nude Model

I hope future stories get better. The Red ring chose me and I will continue to regurgitate fiery blood even if the series gets canceled. But I want it to continue and have a good long run.
We'll burn you all -That is your fate!

Ysmault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #44
Turtlebean

At this point I would rather it be dex-starr than anyone currently active in the corps lol, but in hindsight laira imo would have been a pretty good choice for a right hand man.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #45
TheHorseman
Green Lantern Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Nope. I definitely want Zilius Zox. It'd be fun to see a head bopping around Atrocitus and asking him questions like Spike and Chester from WB cartoons.

WIN! Spike PWNS!
Old 10-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #46
LordAtrocitus
Green Lantern Initiate

I thought it was pretty solid. Not too hardcore. Just solid. I really hope they develop it further, harder, and faster. Make it into a roller coaster ride man.

Into philosophy? Religion? Politics? Comics? Games? Wanna discuss these things/see reviews? Comment on previous posts! Visit my blogs! http://btucker9.blogspot.com/ http://bulletlantern.blogspot.com/
LordAtrocitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #47
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Best wishes!
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:44 PM   #48
LordAtrocitus
Green Lantern Initiate

Zilius Zox...pitiful.

I'll tell you who deserves it...truly.

Truth. The bond between a man and his cat must not be broken.

Into philosophy? Religion? Politics? Comics? Games? Wanna discuss these things/see reviews? Comment on previous posts! Visit my blogs! http://btucker9.blogspot.com/ http://bulletlantern.blogspot.com/
LordAtrocitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:38 AM   #49
Red Lantern Djs
Fatality's Blacksmith

I thought Red Lanterns #2 was a good issue. It was similar to the first, but that did not bother me. I am suprised that the grandpa story was not picked back up in this issue. I'm very curious to see how it all works out.

Noir Movies! Late Night Every Saturday http://moviestvnetwork.com/noir

Last edited by Red Lantern Djs; 01-06-2015 at 10:52 AM.
Red Lantern Djs is offline   Reply With Quote