Green Lantern: Custom Bound Editions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern: Custom Bound Editions!

I tried searching but I didn't see a thread for this yet.
    Here are 3 volumes of my custom bound editions of Green Lantern, Ion and Green Lantern Corps.

They accidentally misspelled Sinestro as Sinistro but it's only one letter no biggie.

They were done by Library Binding Company in Waco Texas.
    Here is a link to a binding forum if anyone is interested in getting their own comics bound...I've got 2 more volumes on their way back. I'll post pictures once I get them.

Oh and Ethan Van Sciver did a John Stewart sketch in the back of one of one of my binds.

Corwin
    Star Sapphire's Love Slave
    Last edited by Corwin; 08-07-2010, 03:26 AM.

wow, that cool, I never even thought of binding my comics before.
    +1+1

Say cheese!

Comment

Cool stuff Corwin thanks for posting this link. I see some people had regular comics bound; do you know if they bind the actually issues with the newsprint paper or scan them and use glossy paper?

Comment

That's cool. I would probably do something like this for the shorter series that I enjoy but not enough to pick up the hardcover.

Comment

And its in Waco Texas, thats only an hour from where I live. I would love to get Superman:Last Son in Binded, that would be Frakin awesome

Comment

That's pretty awesome. You know, I had this business idea but I doubt it would be possible because of having to secure the appropriate trademarks and licenses to do it. It was to do a POD comic service with licenses from DC and Marvel, where if you wanted to get back issues of an old series (like the Rayner GL run) but want the ones that weren't covered in existing trades, it would print out the trade for you.

It's one of those things where I'm not sure if it would be possible, due to the fact you would need to get Warner or Marvel's licenses to do it.

Comment

I wonder if they get Branch Davidians to bind them.
              "Don't disturb my circles."

Comment

awesome! love this but i don't want to ruin the value of my books
                My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

COOL.
                  I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

Originally posted by unclegnewman View Post
                    Cool stuff Corwin thanks for posting this link. I see some people had regular comics bound; do you know if they bind the actually issues with the newsprint paper or scan them and use glossy paper?
                    Oh yeah, they can bind almost anything. As long as the paper isn't brittle and falls apart if you bend it. I have some early nineties comics bound (X-Force, Deadpool's first ongoing series) and it works out great. You can scan and print if you want it's all the same...actually the newsprint books are a lot lighter.

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                    That's cool. I would probably do something like this for the shorter series that I enjoy but not enough to pick up the hardcover.
                    It works out a lot better because you fit 20-30 issues (anything less than 2 inches) in a bind.

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
                    awesome! love this but i don't want to ruin the value of my books
                    I know that I'd never sell most of my comics so I bind them...(just wait until I start binding my Uncanny (139-present) and X-Men run...I mainly do it because I'm more likely to pull them off a shelf than out of a long box with bag and boards. It's just much easier access and of course you can arrange the books in any order you want...I've got a Green Lanterns: Fall from Grace and Green Lanterns: Death and Rebirth coming. They have all the big crossovers like Zero Hour, Final Night, Day of Judgment...I can't until Tuesday when they arrive.

Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
                    And its in Waco Texas, thats only an hour from where I live. I would love to get Superman:Last Son in Binded, that would be Frakin awesome
                    You're lucky...you wouldn't have to wait for shipping...
                    Corwin
                    Star Sapphire's Love Slave
                    Last edited by Corwin; 04-24-2009, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Spines

Can you guess the name of the second volume of Final Crisis?

Green Lantern: Fall From Grace

(signed by Ron Marz!!)

Green Lantern: Death and Rebirth

Comment

Nice. Very nice indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Corwin View Post
                          Spines

Can you guess the name of the second volume of Final Crisis?
                          As cool as that is, I look forward to the day where my Grant Morrison Batman hardcovers are side by side. Since I'm collecting in issues, I may eventually do the same as you, that is if DC isn't nice enough to collect them all together beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                            As cool as that is, I look forward to the day where my Grant Morrison Batman hardcovers are side by side. Since I'm collecting in issues, I may eventually do the same as you, that is if DC isn't nice enough to collect them all together beforehand.
                            They really let me down with the collection of Final Crisis. The two Batman issues should of been included that collection. I also included the Batman annual 26 (origin of Ras) and the Detective issues 840 and 842. I've never read any of these issues so I'm having a blast. The two Final Crisis issues are in that collection.

Comment

now the question I have is can they scan, print and bind what you have done there and resell? Id like a set of all the you have there.
                              Figures for Sale/Trade: DCUC/DCD/Green Lantern Related *CHEAP*
                              Formally known as TMarcumUSN (or "Marcus" freakin' Bruce Castle haha)

I'm a leaf on the wind...

Comment

Working...
                              X